***Aggies in the Majors/Minors***

160,526 Views | 631 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quick update on MLB Braves

Naquin has started the year 2-10 with one of the hits being a 2 run HR.
Pennington has started the year 1-3 with two walks.
Alex Wilson off to a rough start after giving up a 3 run HR and taking a L in his only appearance
Ross Stripling has pitched 3 scoreless innings in two appearances so far
Minter has appeared in one game and was perfect through 2/3 of an inning.
Mengden has started one game and pitched 5.2 innings giving up 5ER and striking out 5.
Wacha also has started one game pitching 4.2 innings giving up 4ER and striking out 2.
Mr.Ackar07
Quick minor league updates:

Tyler Ivey - promoted to A - Quad City River Bandits
Corbin Martin - promoted to A+ - Buies Creek Astros
John Stilson - signed with the Pirates - starting in AAA - Indianapolis Indians
Jason Jester - demoted to AA - San Antonio Missions
Grayson Long - promoted to AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Matt Kent - promoted to AA - Portland Sea Dogs
Ronnie Gideon - promoted to A+ - Carolina Mudcats

Andrew Vinson - shows as on the restricted list which may mean he has decided to not pursue a baseball career any further

I have not seen any updates for Troy Stein and Hunter Melton since 2016. Both play in the Rockies organization, so I think it's an issue with their system. Both still show as active but have not had any transactions or stats since the end of 2016.
Justanotherposter
What about Juengel? MiLB website says he's on NO baby cakes, but he's not on their opening day roster.
Aggie1205
AG
Justanotherposter said:

What about Juengel? MiLB website says he's on NO baby cakes, but he's not on their opening day roster.

In general many minor league teams will be behind on fully updated rosters as things are still being sorted out. Could be in some sort of extended spring training.
Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Andrew Vinson - shows as on the restricted list which may mean he has decided to not pursue a baseball career any further
https://www.milb.com/milb/news/orioles-jaime-estrada-angels-andrew-vinson-suspended-50-games/c-267049612

Quote:

Vinson tested positive a second time for a drug of abuse.

John Stilson was also released by the Pirates.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/john-stilson-cut-loose-by-pirates/

Quote:

The 27-year-old will now look for a minor-league deal elsewhere as he attempts to make his way to the majors for the first time in his career.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Justanotherposter said:

In general many minor league teams will be behind on fully updated rosters as things are still being sorted out. Could be in some sort of extended spring training.

I went to the game last night did not see matt
Justanotherposter
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Aggie1205 said:

Justanotherposter said:

I went to the game last night did not see matt

The last transaction on his MiLB page says he was assigned to the Marlins on March 17, nothing after that
Aggieangler93
AG
Naquin recalled to Indians.

Aggie1205
AG
Some other updates:

Pennington is 2-6 this year with three walks for an OBP of .556.
Minter has now pitched 4 scoreless innings this year for the Braves.
Stripling has pitched 6.2 innings of scoreless ball with a sub 1 WHIP.
Mengden is off to a rough start, 0-2 with a 6.55 ERA.
Wacha got the win in his last start but overall has a 5.59 ERA. Up to 46 career wins.
Wilson has pitched 7.2 innings with a 4.70 ERA.
Aggieangler93
AG
I loved watching Stilson here at TAMU. I hope he gets picked up and gets to play more.
tcow715
AG

Corbin Martin had his first start in High A for the Astros.
Aggie1205
AG
Minter pitched an inning today vs the Nats and struck out all three batters he faced. If he keeps it up there is a decent chance he will start getting the closer work pretty soon.
shrugs17
I have retired from baseball and am presently looking for a job in the Austin area. If anyone has any good leads on a position please let me know. Thank you to all the Aggies that have supported me in the past.

Matt
Tex100
AG
Might want to identify yourself more and what you are looking for.
shrugs17
There was an earlier discussion thread about my status with the Miami Marlins. Shrugs17 is Matt Juengel and I am looking for a sales position.
Wicked Good Ag
Matt enjoyed watching you at Olsen and hope you find a job in sales in Austin. Wishing you the best in your future
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
shrugs17 said:

I have retired from baseball and am presently looking for a job in the Austin area. If anyone has any good leads on a position please let me know. Thank you to all the Aggies that have supported me in the past.

Matt

Best of luck In the job search Matt! We wore our Aggie gear to the game... got lots of crap from the LSU faithful but it was a good time. Make sure to go to the job forum on here and make a post! The Aggie network is strong!
Ragoo
AG
shrugs17 said:

There was an earlier discussion thread about my status with the Miami Marlins. Shrugs17 is Matt Juengel and I am looking for a sales position.
not Austin proper but puffer Sweiven in San Antonio was looking for an inside sales person.
Tex100
AG
I thought that was you. Also wanted to say I enjoyed your play at Olsen.

Sent an email to an Ag I know in Austin.
Aggie1205
AG
Minter got his first save today vs Penningtons Reds!
TexAg91
AG
Daniel Mengden starting pitcher for As against Astros at Minute Maid this Saturday night, April 28.
themissinglink
AG
Corbin Martin is killing it in high A...

19 IP 4H 1R 0ER 7BB 26SO

He needs a little better control, but it's great to see him dominating.
Aggie1205
AG
Pennington sent to AAA.

Naquin now hitting .300 on the year.
Ag13
AG
TexAg91 said:

Daniel Mengden starting pitcher for As against Astros at Minute Maid this Saturday night, April 28.

Gave Daniel a gig 'em before the game tonight.

Unfortunately he didn't do too well.
Aggie1205
AG
Stripling getting a spot start tonight for Dodgers. He had had a very good year in the bullpen with a .63 ERA. 16Ks in 14.1 IP.
themissinglink
AG
Congrats to Corbin...

Luke The Drifter
AG
I'm going to the Arkansas Travelers at Tulsa Drillers game tonight. I don't think there are any Aggies on either roster...do y'all know of any that I might be missing?

TIA...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
MadDog73
AG
Corbin had a rough start with Corpus Christi Hooks last night. 5 hits, 6 runs in 1/3 inning of work

Tex100
AG
Ag13 said:

TexAg91 said:

Gave Daniel a gig 'em before the game tonight.

Unfortunately he didn't do too well.
https://www.expressnews.com/athletics/article/Mengden-family-is-used-to-the-big-stage-12867804.php

Mengden article
src94
AG
Naquin went 2-4 w/a 3-run Big Fly vs Brewers today.
MidTnAg
AG
Question: Is there any Web site that would give info on such things as what percent of players drafted in each round actually play at least one season in the majors?
Aggie1205
AG
Good day for Aggie pitchers in MLB yesterday. Minter got a win, and Stripling and Wacha both had solid games.
Sean98
AG
Naquin on the 10 day DL with a strained hammy
58-7
AG
Logan Taylor has been promoted to AA Arkansas Travelers (Seattle) from High A Modesto Nuts.
UncleDave
JB Moss released by the short season Boise Hawks on 6/15, opening day. Seems odd as he was on the media pdf roster released on 6/13.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.