***Aggies in the Majors/Minors***

160,583 Views | 631 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Yell Practice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr.Ackar07
Just some quick updates:

Michael Barash, A.J. Minter, and Jason Jester were all invited to spring training

Brandon Hicks is currently a free agent

Justin Ruggiano signed a minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants and was invited to spring training

Logan Kensing signed a minor league contract with the Detroit Tigers and was invited to spring training

Kyle Martin is on the 40-man roster for the Boston Red Sox and could make his debut this year

Jason Jester could also make his debut this year

Tex100
AG
Great info. thanks
AEK
AG
Anyone have a consolidated list of guys that made opening day rosters?
Aggie1205
AG
And its a new season for this thread.

Mengden starting season on the DL.
Wacha, Stripling, Pennington, Naquin all on MLB Rosters.
Mr.Ackar07
Aggie1205 said:

And its a new season for this thread.

Mengden starting season on the DL.
Wacha, Stripling, Pennington, Naquin all on MLB Rosters.
Alex Wilson too
Sean98
AG
Naquin starts the rally against the Rangers closer last night and scores the winning run. He was only 1-4, but no Ks against Darvish which I see as a positive.
Aggieangler93
AG
As a lifelong Rangers fan, I Whooped last night when Tyler hit that single through the gap to right field. My son gave me a dirty look. I told him, Rangers win or not, I will always cheer for an Ag first and foremost!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Capitol Ag
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

As a lifelong Rangers fan, I Whooped last night when Tyler hit that single through the gap to right field. My son gave me a dirty look. I told him, Rangers win or not, I will always cheer for an Ag first and foremost!!!
This x 1 million!
Sean98
AG
Once again Tyler plays a key role in a comeback against the Rangers. He's playing a L/R platoon role in CF but came in tonight after Hamels left the game. He got a single against Dyson and scored the tying run in a 9-6 Indians victory (he was on 3rd when Lindor hit a slam).
Mr.Ackar07
A lot of the Aggies just received their assignments to start the MiLB season with most receiving a promotion. Sadly, Cole Lankford was just released by the Cardinals.
bek.90
AG
Blake Allemand made the Brewers' AA roster. He's starting the season in Biloxi.
W
AG
Wacha (1-0) wins his first start of the season vs. the Reds. Pitched 6 innings. Gave up just 3 hits and 1 run
Sean98
AG
And had a single and an RBI!

Also, after Naquin's 2-3 night last night, he's hitting .444 on the season.
tjack16
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

A lot of the Aggies just received their assignments to start the MiLB season with most receiving a promotion. Sadly, Cole Lankford was just released by the Cardinals.

Really wish he had stayed for his senior season. That 2015 lineup would have been even scarier with him at 1st base
Sean98
AG
Cliff Pennington with a shot off the wall to complete a 7 run 9th inning comeback for the Angels. Trailing 9-3 in the bottom of the 9th the Angels send 11 men to the plate. Cliff actually got two ABs in the inning. He walked and scored, and then walked it off to end the game.
AggieFromArkansas
Penny played when I was a student. He'll always have a special place in my heart. We used to see him at Taco Cabana after games with his family.

Not sure who my favorite was of that era. Shindewolf was fun, Beerer had the best walkup, and a hell of a gun from right before he came in to close. But Ruggianno's heroics in Houston probably push him over the top.

(I know I butchered all the spellings.)
Radiant
AG
AEK said:

Anyone have a consolidated list of guys that made opening day rosters?
Opening Day 25-Man rosters:
Wacha
Stripling
Megden
Pennington
Wilson
Naquin

Those are some pretty good arms.
http://gigemgazette.com/2017/04/09/texas-baseball-six-aggies-mlb-opening-day-rosters/
Tex100
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Called up to AA at the end of last season only to get cut before the start of this season.

April 3, 2017
Springfield Cardinals released 3B Cole Lankford.

August 29, 2016
3B Cole Lankford assigned to Springfield Cardinals from Palm Beach Cardinals.
CharlieBrown17
AG
What is Ecker doing now?
Radiant
AG
mowing people down in the Detroit system.

3 innings pitched in 2017
1 win
1 save
1 hit allowed
4 Ks
.125 average against
Mr.Ackar07
Tex100 said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Called up to AA at the end of last season only to get cut before the start of this season.

April 3, 2017
Springfield Cardinals released 3B Cole Lankford.

August 29, 2016
3B Cole Lankford assigned to Springfield Cardinals from Palm Beach Cardinals.
I'll always remember the 2014 Rice regional grand slam though. If that hadn't happened, then the Stubblefield CG over t.u. doesn't happen either.
Sean98
AG
A couple of rough days at the plate drops Tyler to .234 on the season. 0-4 with 3Ks today.
Aggie1205
AG
Alex Wilson with the two inning save for Detroit tonight.

Minter made his season debut in the Braves organization pitching a scoreless inning and striking out 2.
TAZ99
AG
Naquin was sent to AAA Columbus today.
Mr.Ackar07
Nick Banks got his first collegiate home run last night: http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_04_12_lwdafx_hagafx_1&t=g_box&sid=milb
Justanotherposter
John Stilson is playing for the AAA Buffalo Bisons
UncleDave
Minter placed on the 7-day DL for the High A Florida Fire Frogs.

Where is Moss? His MILB bio shows Florida Fire Frogs, but their roster does not list him and he has no 2017 stats. Extended spring training?
Aggie1205
AG
I was wondering the same thing about Moss. There was an interview of him and Minter together is early April but not showing on any rosters.
Aggie1205
AG
Alex Wilson with a perfect inning today to collect a Hold. 2K's.

Pennington went 1-3 today. Hitting .286 on the year.

Stripling pitched 2.1 inning today with 3 k's. He has a 1.04 ERA so far. 8.2 innings.
Mr.Ackar07
Aggie1205 said:

Alex Wilson with a perfect inning today to collect a Hold. 2K's.

Pennington went 1-3 today. Hitting .286 on the year.

Stripling pitched 2.1 inning today with 3 k's. He has a 1.04 ERA so far. 8.2 innings.
Stripling may find himself back in the rotation. Their 4th and 5th starters aren't doing too well.
Sean98
AG
He may, but I almost wonder if, given his success in the role, they don't prefer him as an any-day long reliever. Given the way about 60% of their high salary rotation gets blisters it may be better to have him in the role he filled yesterday.
Tex100
AG
Logan Taylor is with the Advanced A Modesto Nuts and is playing 3B. Hitting pretty well.

http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t515
ensign_beedrill
AG
Does anyone know where Boomer White is this year? I looked on MiLB and all it has is info from last year.
UncleDave
My guess is that Boomer will return to the short-season rookie ball team when they begin in June.
The Tri-City Dust Devil roster is actually updated. They have a 16 year old pitcher listed who was signed in October.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.