***Aggies in the Majors/Minors***

160,548 Views | 631 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
AFDave13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
And again, why does no one want to mention Ronnie Gideon? IS he not playing or what?
http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=gideon002ron&type=bgl&year=2016
Tex100
AG
And he was mentioned.
Tex100
AG
quote:
quote:
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=nick-banks

Banks not so great in low A ball.

27 AB's - need time before passing any judgement
Not suggesting he won't get better.
Justanotherposter
Naquin won AL rookie of the month.
Aggie1205
AG
Naquin with his 7th HR of the year so far.

Nottebrook hitting .313 thus far.
Aggie1205
AG
AJ Minter's line so far across three levels (A, A+, now AA), he's pitched in 18 games, 21 2/3 innings, with 30 Ks to only 5 walks, 6 hits, and 1 run.

He has also struck out 11 straight batters.
BaseballChick
Matt Kent, Salem Red Sox, A+ ball was named player of the day in Red Sox organization.

Nice paragraph at bottom of article outlining the great pitchers that the Red Sox have drafted from Texas A & M. #theroadtoFenwaygoesthruAggieland

http://news.soxprospects.com/2016/07/cup-of-coffee-kent-dominates-devers.html

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=664236#/career/R/pitching/2016/ALL
Yell Practice
Nick Banks

85 AB in the Minors (A)
Doubles 4
Triple 1
HR 0
Yell Practice
Matt Kent

ERA 2.69 (Minors)
MAROON
AG
Cole Lankford so far this season
.323 AVG
.756 OPS
Aggie1205
AG
2 HR for Naquin today.
Yell Practice
Tex100
AG
Gig'em, indeed!
Aggie1205
AG
Update on the players currently on MLB rosters:

Pennington - Starting rehab assignment. Eligible to come off the DL on Sunday.
Naquin - Hitting .330 on the year with 10 RBI's in the past 10 games.
Wilson - ERA of 3.24 and has a 7.1 scoreless inning streak going. Whip of 1.32
Wacha - 5-7 on the year with a 4.37 ERA. Still recovering from a 0-5 month of May.
Stripling - Back up in MLB recently and has pitched 5 scoreless innings since. 2-3 with a 4.09 ERA on the year.

Mengden back in minors.

Guys who might get a shot this year in September would be AJ Minter with the Braves and Kyle Martin with the Red Sox. Guys like Kensing, Hicks, and Ruggiano are still around but not currently on 40 man rosters.
Aggie1205
AG
Rughiano released by the Rangers. Hope he gets a chance to sign on somewhere.
AggieEE2002
AG
Ruggiano signed by Mets:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17181008/new-york-mets-put-jose-reyes-oblique-dl-sign-free-agent-justin-ruggiano
Aggie1205
AG
JB Moss promoted to Carolina for the Braves, which is a two level jump.
Mr.Ackar07
Michael Barash made the jump last week from playing rookie ball with Andrew Vinson to the Angels' A ball to play with Grayson Long.
TheChameleon
AG
quote:

I will be very interested to see how he does as he moves up. Always root for all the ex-Aggies, but I fear Moss will start getting exploited (especially by breaking balls) as he starts facing more advanced pitchers. I hope I'm wrong.
Aggie1205
AG

Ruggiano to the DL after two games. I guess this at least means he gets to still collect an MLB check.

Minter's AA stats: 9.2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER (0.93 ERA), 1 BB, 20 Ks

Stilson is 4-0 with a 3.23 ERA for the Blue Jays AA team. 39 IP.

Hicks hitting .227 for the Dodgers AAA team.
Aggie1205
AG
Both Pennington and Naquin homered today. Not sure if two Aggies have ever homered in MLB on the same day before.

Naquin has a decent shot right now at AL Rookie of the Year if he can keep it going.
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
Both Pennington and Naquin homered today. Not sure if two Aggies have ever homered in MLB on the same day before.

Naquin has a decent shot right now at AL Rookie of the Year if he can keep it going.
His biggest hurdle for the award is Michael Fulmer who is 9-2 with a 2.42 ERA and a 4.1 WAR. He is also just a few innings away from qualifying as the ERA leader in the AL by a comfortable margin.

Max Kepler is also another threat, but I think Naquin has an edge on him.
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
I was curious too, so I did some research:

June 11, 1954 - Ray Katt homers off Hal Jeffcoat (his 1st career HR) and Wally Moon homers off Vern Law
May 16, 1956 - Ray Katt homers off Bob Rush and Wally Moon homers off Roger Craig
June 1, 1956 - Ray Katt homers off Joe Nuxhall and Wally Moon homers off Curt Simmons
August 19, 1995 - Chuck Knoblauch homers off C.J. Nitkowski and Scott Livingstone homers off Willie Fraser
September 9, 1999 - Chuck Knoblauch homers off Bobby Witt and Chad Allen homers off Carlos Castilla
April 23, 2014 - Justin Ruggiano homers off Wade Miley and Brandon Hicks homers off Tyler Chatwood
August 3, 2016 - Cliff Pennington homers off Kendall Graveman and Tyler Naquin homers off Tyler Duffey
src94
AG
Good stuff there
Aggie1205
AG
Never would have thought it would have happened that much.

Alex Wilson pitched a scoreless inning with 2K's yesterday and picked up his 10th Hold of the year.
Mr.Ackar07
Here's another interesting tidbit I found - I think there is only one instance of an Aggie homering off another Aggie in an MLB game:

July 22, 2000: Chuck Knoblauch hits a solo home run off Ryan Rupe to tie the game at 2 in the bottom of the 3rd inning
Tex100
AG
quote:
quote:

I will be very interested to see how he does as he moves up. Always root for all the ex-Aggies, but I fear Moss will start getting exploited (especially by breaking balls) as he starts facing more advanced pitchers. I hope I'm wrong.
http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=622111#/career/R/hitting/2016/ALL

All things considered, that doesn't look that bad.
Aggie1205
AG
Pennington had an RBI triple yesterday that scored the deciding run for the Angels.

Ruggiano is on a rehab assignment for the Mets.

Kyle Martin is 5 for 5 in save chances with a 3.39 ERA for the Red Sox AAA team.

Jason Jester is having a good season overall, but has struggled moving from AA to AAA.

Blake Allemand hitting .233 in advanced A ball.

Logan Taylor was a midseason all-star for the Mariners A club.

AJ Minter continues to dominate. 1 ER in 30 IP across levels. 41K's.

Nick Banks hitting .281 with 7 steals.
Aggie
AG
Didn't see this mentioned in this thread but looks like Gandy Stubblefield was released in early July.
Aggie1205
AG
Tigers blog calling to use Alex Wilson in more late inning roles.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/8/23/12586604/detroit-tigers-bullpen-roles-alex-wilson-closer
Foxo
AG
Helena Brewers @helenabrewers 16h16 hours ago
Ronnie Gideon hits his 15th home run in the 9th, but the Voyagers take their fifth straight by a final score of 7-2
6 retweets 12 likes

Aggie1205
AG
Ruggiano to the 60 day DL for the Mets. Had hit .350 with a couple of HR in 20AB's
MAROON
AG
Cole Lankford got promoted to the AA Springfield Cardinals
Aggie1205
AG
Mengden back up on A's roster to finish the year.

Rough start for Wacha today.

Naquin hitting .299 on the year.
Foxo
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Quote:

I was curious too, so I did some research:

June 11, 1954 - Ray Katt homers off Hal Jeffcoat (his 1st career HR) and Wally Moon homers off Vern Law
May 16, 1956 - Ray Katt homers off Bob Rush and Wally Moon homers off Roger Craig
June 1, 1956 - Ray Katt homers off Joe Nuxhall and Wally Moon homers off Curt Simmons
August 19, 1995 - Chuck Knoblauch homers off C.J. Nitkowski and Scott Livingstone homers off Willie Fraser
September 9, 1999 - Chuck Knoblauch homers off Bobby Witt and Chad Allen homers off Carlos Castilla
April 23, 2014 - Justin Ruggiano homers off Wade Miley and Brandon Hicks homers off Tyler Chatwood
August 3, 2016 - Cliff Pennington homers off Kendall Graveman and Tyler Naquin homers off Tyler Duffey
That is some impressive research.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.