***Aggies in the Majors/Minors***

160,588 Views | 631 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corbin Martin 13 innings pitched with a 0.0 era, 14 strikeouts, 2 walks, and 3 hits. 5 innings pitched in the rookie league and nine in short A.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CowboyGirl
AG
TexAg91 said:

Nick Banks batting .235 and has a .273 OBP in A ball in Nationals organization.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=nick
Saw him play yesterday in Hagerstown, MD. He didn't have any hits, but laid down a perfect sacrifice bunt that led to the Suns' first run. Also got a couple of key outs in the outfield.
BaseballChick
Kent struck out 10 in a shut out win. He has a 3.91 era in 129 innings pitched with 110 Ks in 22 starts.

http://news.soxprospects.com/2017/07/cup-of-coffee-kent-tosses-seven.html
jja79
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Naquin back at AAA for Indians
After last year I didn't think he'd be up and down any more.
dirkjones
AG
CowboyGirl said:

TexAg91 said:

Saw him play yesterday in Hagerstown, MD. He didn't have any hits, but laid down a perfect sacrifice bunt that led to the Suns' first run. Also got a couple of key outs in the outfield.

Brigham Hill has been promoted to Hagerstown also.
CowboyGirl
AG
dirkjones said:

CowboyGirl said:

TexAg91 said:

Brigham Hill has been promoted to Hagerstown also.
Kyle Simmonds also is on the Hagerstown roster - we saw him in the bullpen, but he didn't pitch Sunday. He had pitched a couple of innings the day before.
Mr.Ackar07
Mark Ecker got the promotion to AA on August 1st. Now playing for the Erie SeaWolves
Mr.Ackar07
Corbin with another 4 innings of no-hit action for Tri-City today. Now at 20.0 innings allowing only 6 hits, 3 walks, 2 earned runs while punching out 28. He's now sporting an 0.48 WHIP and an 0.90 ERA.
Aggie1205
AG
AJ Minter getting called up by the Braves!
Mr.Ackar07
Aggie1205 said:

AJ Minter getting called up by the Braves!
If I can do this off the top of my head right, since Childress took over after the 2005 season, Minter will be the 9th player from A&M coached by Childress to make his debut.

Brandon Hicks
Brooks Raley
Alex Wilson
Michael Wacha
Tyler Naquin
Ross Stripling
Daniel Mengden
Kyle Martin
A.J. Minter

2 position players & 7 pitchers

Maybe Matt Juengel will eventually get a callup with the Marlins, but outside of him, based on the way the other position players are playing, I think the next several Aggie debuts will continue to be pitchers: Jester, Stilson, Long, Ecker, Hendrix, Ray, C Martin, and Hill.
BryanAggie2013
AG
How far out do y'all think Nick Banks is from making it to The Show?

I'll admit I haven't watched closely enough to know how he is performing.
CowboyGirl
AG
garrettc16 said:

I'm no expert, but he is still on the Nationals low A team. Sometimes players get called up from the Nats high-A team (Potomac Nationals). I don't know how common it is for guys to get called up straight from low-A. When we saw him play last month he was on a bit of a hitting slump. Not sure how things have been going for him since.

If Bryce Harper is out for awhile, Nats might look to shake things up.
Aggie1205
AG
Minter pitched an inning tonight. Struck out two and got a fly out in foul territory.
Mr.Ackar07
http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article/250295024/braves-aj-minter-makes-mlb-debut/
Mr.Ackar07
With Minter's debut last night, the Aggies have had 9 players make an appearance this season which is the 2nd most ever behind the 2001 season that featured 10 Aggies.

2017: Michael Wacha, Tyler Naquin, Cliff Pennington, Justin Ruggiano, Daniel Mengden, Alex Wilson, Ross Stripling, Kyle Martin, A.J. Minter

I think the best chance for the Aggies to reach 10 is to have the Tigers call up Logan Kensing once rosters expand.
The_Accountant15
Still remember watching Minter for the first time at Blue Bell. Filthy stuff
dirkjones
AG
garrettc16 said:

He is pretty far out, esp since only batting at .239 for the year at low a ball.
Mr.Ackar07
Here's a video of all three outs for Minter's debut:

Sean98
AG
Alex Wilson gets 4 games for intentionally hitting Todd Frazier as part of the Yankee/Tiger free for all.
Sean98
AG
Oh, and with the Dodgers injury issues Stripling gets the start tonight against Milwaukee.
jkag89
Penny's "Players Uniform" for this weekend. Cliff got a hit in the ninth in last night in a pitch hitting role against the 'Stros.

jkag89
Sean98 said:

Oh, and with the Dodgers injury issues Stripling gets the start tonight against Milwaukee.
Crap!!!!! Now I have to hope the effing Dodgers get a W tonight for Strip. Good luck Ross.
ftworthag02
AG
Wacha last night 3 1/3 inn 9H 5R
Kool
AG
Minter was getting an awful lot of love on the Atlanta FM sports radio show today. Hope he does great things here.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr.Ackar07
jkag89 said:

Sean98 said:

Crap!!!!! Now I have to hope the effing Dodgers get a W tonight for Strip. Good luck Ross.
3.0 shutout innings with 1 hit, 1 walk, and 5 Ks.
Sean98
AG
Yeah, they worked it in a true bullpen game fashion. Resulted in just the Dodgers 8th loss since the break.

Ross "Chicken Strip" pitched very well.
Snap E Tom
First time I watched Chicken Strip pitch live was against AZ earlier this season. He was in in a long relief appearance after Rich Hill came out due to injury. In one inning, Stripling struck out two to end the inning. He threw like nine pitches that inning. I stood up and yelled, "Gig 'em, Aggies!" and my wife instinctively whooped.

He didn't hear us.
Snap E Tom
<< Stupid forums. Oops >>
Sean98
AggieEE2002
AG
Jace Vines promoted to AAA from high A

Mr.Ackar07
Cliff Pennington had a go-ahead grand slam last night for the Angels. Video is included in the link below:

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/athletics-vs-angels/2017/08/30/492086#game_state=final,game_tab=,game=492086
dermdoc
AG
Grayson Long to the Tigers in the Upton trade to the Angels
ColoradoMooseHerd
wow, i really expected more dialogue on Grayson Long trade
Tex100
AG
Reported by Ryan Brauniger that Michael Barash got promoted to AA
Mr.Ackar07
Tex100 said:

Reported by Ryan Brauniger that Michael Barash got promoted to AA
If Barash can hit .240 at every level he goes to, he will be a serviceable back-up catcher in the majors.

Also, with the trade, Grayson Long joins Mark Ecker with the Erie SeaWolves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.