Summer Baseball 2014

34,879 Views | 249 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Foxo
Foxo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Allemand is not yet listed on the Bourne roster.
bek.90
AG
quote:
Allemand is not yet listed on the Bourne roster.

Because he is draft eligible as a Jr., he is considered a temporary player. They don't list temporary players on the roster, but he will definitely be playing for them.
Foxo
AG
I see that Hunter Melton is not on the Cotuit roster as previously announced and they also list their temporary contracts. Considering that Melton dropped out of sight, is it possible that he is giving up baseball?
bek.90
AG
quote:
I see that Hunter Melton is not on the Cotuit roster as previously announced and they also list their temporary contracts. Considering that Melton dropped out of sight, is it possible that he is giving up baseball?

I heard he will now be playing with the Bombers.
Outlaw0206
AG
quote:
G.R. Hinsley, Texas A&M's missing man, is on the 2014 roster of the Falmouth Commodores of the Cape Cod league.

All that needs to be said; Cape Cod - where the best players play. Hope he gets to play next year
dirkjones
AG
Hinsley is playing for the Bombers also. Batting .200 early but I believe still leading the league in rbis with 6.
Foxo
AG
The Bombers lost to Victoria last night 3-6 in 12 innings. G.R. Hinsley had 5 walks and was hit by a pitch. He stole 3 bases. The Victoria catcher must be really bad.
Foxo
AG
In his first summer action with Lacrosse, Ronnie Gideon had 1 hit in 4 at bats. He played 3B and batted cleanup.
Foxo
AG
Ryne Birk made his 1st appearance with Lacrosse and had 3 hits in 4 at bats

Mitchell Nau made his 1st appearance with Matsu. He will be catching 3 Aggie pitchers.

Nick Banks made his 1st appearance for Wisconsin Woodchucks.
dirkjones
AG
Hayden Howard had his first outing for Matsu, pitching 3 innings in relief. No runs, no hits and 5 ks.
Foxo
AG
Good. We will need him next year.
Foxo
AG
Ryan Hendrix got his 1st start for Matsu. First inning, was rough but he settled down and went 3 innings with 3 hits, 1 ER, 2 walks and 7 Ks.

Nick Choruby is playing left field for Kitsap, Washington.
Foxo
AG
TCL pitcher of the week ....

Gandy Stubblefield, Woodlands Strykers

Stubblefield delivered a masterful relief performance on June 4 against the East Texas Pump Jacks. Despite entering the game in the eighth inning, Stubblefield pitched 6.1 innings of scoreless ball, racking up 13 strikeouts along the way. The Texas A&M right-hander allowed four hits and walked two to help push the game into the 15th inning. Despite appearing in just two games, both in relief, Stubblefield is tied for the league lead with 15 strikeouts to go with a 1.08 ERA.
dirkjones
AG
Congrats to Gandy. Choruby playing left field probably indicates where RC thinks he may fit in next year.
Foxo
AG
Wisconsin Woodchucks ‏@ChucksBaseball 16h

#Chucks break it open 6-1 as @Nick_Banks4 might have just hit the farthest home run in Woodchucks' history.
JAD AG85
AG
Threw a CG win last Tuesday in over 30 league. Had one hit, 2 BB and 2 runs scored - just in case you were wondering. Yes - at age 52 (tomorrow), my arm is hanging, but it is the MOST fun an old dude can have.
Foxo
AG
Hunter Melton made his first appearance with the Sanford River Rats at 1st base. Went 2 for 5 with 3 rbis.

Matt Kent took the loss in his 1st start for Rochester. Pitche 5 scoreless innings before weakening in the 6th and 7th.

Logan Taylor is now playing ss for Cotuit in the Cape Cod League.

A.J. Minter's made is 1st appearance for Cotuit, giving up 2 er in 1.2 innings.

Blake Allemand is playing 3b for Bourne in the Cape Cod League.

Freeman went 5 innings in his 1st start for Wisconsin Rapids Rafters and gave up 3 er.

Vinson made his 1st appearance for San Luis Obispo.

G.R. Hinsley has raised his average to close to 300 for Brazos Valley and is leading the team in rbis and walks.
Foxo
AG
Gandy Stubblefield strikes out the side for the Strykers! Heading into the 9th 5-4 in hopes the Strykers can earn some security runs.

He went two innings with 3 ks and got the save.
Foxo
AG
In his second start for the Matsu Miners, Ryan Hendrix went 5 innings with 7 hits 2 walks, 6 Ks and 5 earned runs for a no decision start.
Foxo
AG
In his first start for Matsu, Tyler Stubblefield went 5.2 innings with 7 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks and 4 ks.

[This message has been edited by Foxo (edited 6/15/2014 9:10p).]
Foxo
AG
G.R. Hinsley, the forgotten Aggie, is once again leading Brazos Valley in most offensive categories ... 0.340 average, 12 rbi, 11 runs, 16 hits, 14 walks, 2 SF and 2 SH. He is second on the team with 7 stolen bases.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Glad to see him doing well.
Foxo
AG
Ronnie Gideon is on the disabled list of the Lacrosse Loggers. He played two games before going on the list.
BurnetAggie99
G.R. Hinsley should be the front runner to replace Cole at 1st base or be our starting DH.
Foxo
AG
Granted its only a few games but Hunter Melton is playing 1st and hitting the ball for Sanford, Florida.
ColoradoMooseHerd
I was surprised to see GR Hinsley had all singles for the summer. I thought some posters said he was a power hitter. With all the singles and 8 stolen bases, is he a speedy, singles hitter?

If so, can he play outfield or different position? Usually 1B is going to be bigger guys that cannot play other positions.
Foxo
AG
Hinsley Named TCL Player of the Week

First baseman G.R. Hinsley is tied for fourth in the league with 12 RBIs.

Bryan-College Station, TX (June 17, 2014) – The Brazos Valley Bombers’ first baseman G.R. Hinsley was given TCL Player of the Week honors Monday after the Bombers went 5-1 in the third week of the season.

Hinsley went 10-for-20 with a .500 batting average over the course of the team’s six games, totaling five RBIs and a pair of stolen bases. Hinsley’s .340 batting average is good for fifth in the league, and he is also tied for fourth in runs scored with 11.

Hinsley was named to the 2013 All-TCL team and set the league’s single season RBI record last season with 55. Picking up where he left off, the junior out of Texas A&M University is tied for fourth in the league with 12 RBIs and is second in the league with a .507 on-base percentage.
Foxo
AG
quote:
I was surprised to see GR Hinsley had all singles for the summer. I thought some posters said he was a power hitter. With all the singles and 8 stolen bases, is he a speedy, singles hitter?

If so, can he play outfield or different position? Usually 1B is going to be bigger guys that cannot play other positions.

Hinsley is listed at 6'2" and 210 pounds. He looks heavier. Last year when he set the rbi record he had 42 hits, 14 doubles and 6 HRs and 11 Stolen bases. In his brief outings with A&M, he played left field.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Since has a good amount of solen bases he must be quick. I suspect he is competing in the outfield and not first base.
Foxo
AG
Ty Schlottman has had two outings with Victoria, a six inning relief and a seven inning start.

13.0 IP, 5 hits, 3 walks, 15 Ks and 1 run.
Foxo
AG
Gandy Stubblefield pitched two perfect innings to get his second save for the Woodlands.
dirkjones
AG
Gandy now has 22 strike outs in 12 innings of work. Even better he has only 3 walks. Hopefully he can fill the closer role next year, he could produce some excitement at Olsen.
BurnetAggie99
A.J. Minter likely is the closer next year full time. He did a great job this year filling in for Jester.
ColoradoMooseHerd
I thought I heard the AJ Minter wanted to start and was going to be battling for a starting spot?
BurnetAggie99
I think A.J. will get a look at starting but he has not shown the ability to go 5 innings or more without losing some of his stuff. This will be key if he can become a starter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.