*****Aggies @ Florida - Sunday*****

92,702 Views | 1564 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Randy Rhodes
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We will regret losing this one because Florida will get better as the season goes on. They were there to be had.

Lamkin did all you could ask. If we hadn't burned up so many bullpen arms Friday, I think we might have gone to the pen rather than letting Florida face him a third time. He was going opposite Florida's top pitcher and performed like our top starter. He may end up being that if we don't see better performances in games 1 and 2 of series going forward. Bullpen was good enough to win this series.

I'm optimistic that we will get better at the plate, but we better. Sometimes you have to bail out your pitchers, and we had opportunities to do that by crushing Florida's bullpen like everyone else has done this year and did not do it. You could win some SEC series with this level of production if you pitch well, but when your first two starters put you in a hole, that's not going to be enough.
Beau Holder
AG
I've never been when it's not CWS time, is it a completely different / more boring place?
TexasRebel
AG
But did you get a picture of the bigboy and the dd40x?
TexasRebel
AG
I hope it's not a broken record.

Everyone wants a Big Fly when two singles would get to extras.

Tying runs at the plate swing for the fence when they should just get the next batter to the plate.
aginlakeway
AG
LSU getting smoked by MSU.

MSU will win that series.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Mark Fairchild
AG
Was very impressed with Lamkin today. He worked himself into a really good showing until the HR. I think we only get better after this loss. Adversity proves who and what your are, and I believe we will rise above this.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Beau Holder
AG
My God LSU getting run ruled is satisfying
aginlakeway
AG
LSU gets run-ruled at MSU 15-5. LSU loses the series
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
trouble
AG
Getting run rule by a walk is even better
TAMU1990
AG
twk said:

We will regret losing this one because Florida will get better as the season goes on. They were there to be had.

Lamkin did all you could ask. If we hadn't burned up so many bullpen arms Friday, I think we might have gone to the pen rather than letting Florida face him a third time. He was going opposite Florida's top pitcher and performed like our top starter. He may end up being that if we don't see better performances in games 1 and 2 of series going forward. Bullpen was good enough to win this series.

I'm optimistic that we will get better at the plate, but we better. Sometimes you have to bail out your pitchers, and we had opportunities to do that by crushing Florida's bullpen like everyone else has done this year and did not do it. You could win some SEC series with this level of production if you pitch well, but when your first two starters put you in a hole, that's not going to be enough.
I think their freshman are growing up. Those pitchers weren't pitching like that in February, otherwise their ERAs wouldn't be as high as they were.
twk
AG
TAMU1990 said:

twk said:

I think their freshman are growing up. Those pitchers weren't pitching like that in February, otherwise their ERAs wouldn't be as high as they were.
They are growing up and will get better as the season goes, but I don't think they are there, yet. We helped them out a bit. Not the end of the world, but a missed opportunity.
jkag89
Beau Holder said:

My God LSU getting run ruled is satisfying
A few of the series around the country are definitely taking a little of the sting off of not being able to pull off a W today.
W
AG
I think the only long-term negative from this weekend...

A&M and Florida might be competing against one another for a national seed at the end of the year

if each finishes 2nd or 3rd in its division
aginlakeway
AG
Texas 0-2 so far vs. Washington.

Washington hadn't won a series all season.
Wabs
AG
TCU about to be swept at home by OU. That will make them 1-5 to start conference play.
Killzone3abc
AG
So what do you think the lineup should look like going forward? I think the order today was good but need to figure out that DH spot. Everyone we've tried looks lost except Bard, but he's not exactly blowing anyone away either.
BadMoonRisin
AG
HoustonAg2106
AG
Wabs said:

TCU about to be swept at home by OU. That will make them 1-5 to start conference play.

Beau Holder
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Wabs said:

Tailgate88
AG
Beau Holder said:

I've never been when it's not CWS time, is it a completely different / more boring place?

Never been there when it was CWS so … I dunno. I was just picking up our son at the airport to join us on our Spring Break road trip.

The zoo is insanely cool though…
Tailgate88
AG
TexasRebel said:

But did you get a picture of the bigboy and the dd40x?

I did not…
Chrundle the Great
AG
twk said:

I agree with you and think we could've won this series if Prager pitched like Lamkin did today and saved some bullpen depth.

I think (hope?) that expectation is more in line with real Prager and this Friday was a just a bad day.
Decay
AG
I really don't think this series will matter at all in the long run. Florida is a monster team and taking one at their place is probably going to be as well as most teams do. They're playing good baseball. We are too, I don't really feel like we gave much away here.

If at the end of the season we needed this series to be a win, we are not having a very good year. The kind of team we think we are can afford to go into Gainesville and only take one game.
powerbelly
AG
Beau Holder said:

Yes, much more boring.
Randy Rhodes
Well, I don't even really work here

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.