***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

112,063 Views | 2439 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by shack009
Infection_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bet no player in league history more consistently matches their minutes with points and played less than Hardy. Dude drops 20+ damn near every time he gets 20+ minutes and Kidd never ****ing plays him. Meanwhile THJ can miss 12 shots in a row and seemingly still has the green light.

25/7/2 on 50% shooting in 28 minutes
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
AG
He's also shooting way better than THJ on catch-and-shoot 3s, so he actually just makes more sense in that role.

I don't get why coaches continue to choose to not play better players across the league.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Hardy is gonna end up on an average to bad team at some point in his career, average 25+ PPG and Kidd will still be like "he dribbles too much".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
Denver just choked the 1 seed. Just throw the game against OKC and keep the nuggets on the other side of the bracket.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Denver just choked the 1 seed. Just throw the game against OKC and keep the nuggets on the other side of the bracket.
If the Mavs can throw a game against the pistons, throwing a game against the thunder should be a piece of cake.
mavsfan4ever
AG
The line is 19.5, so we are going to tank it like we should. Just need to hope Hardy doesn't go for 50+ and somehow make us win.
shack009
AG
Really looking forward to watching Hardy and O Max get close to 40 minutes against OKC's A team.
shack009
AG
This game is just a flashback to when the Mavs didn't have two nice big men. Just giving up easy offensive rebounds and easy paint buckets...

Edit: And Dwight Powell just punched a ball out of bounds for no reason. This game is truly a flashback to one year ago...
shack009
AG
Lucky Suns get everything to go their way today, jump out of the play-in, and miss Denver and OKC. They will beat Minnesota in round 1 probably pretty easily.
PatAg
AG
Why did you even watch this game, must hate yourself
shack009
AG
Lol I only watched the first 6 or so minutes. It was apparent very early what this game would be.
M.C. Swag
AG
We almost had em.
HawthornAggie
AG
M.C. Swag said:

We almost had em.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Hate to point this out, but LA was actually trying to win their second to last game and lost. I hope we don't regret assuming they'd win and packing it in. Could have least made them try to win today or risk losing home court in the first round.
hph6203
AG
Not sure you can say they were trying to win when Westbrook, Harden and George all played less than 10 minutes.
Guitarsoup
AG
I'm just sad New Orleans lost, because I really wanted to see a Lakers/Suns playin.

I don't like the Phoenix/Minnesota 1st round matchup, because I wanted to see both those teams have a 1st round meltdown
shack009
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Hate to point this out, but LA was actually trying to win their second to last game and lost. I hope we don't regret assuming they'd win and packing it in. Could have least made them try to win today or risk losing home court in the first round.

They were going in to the game trying to win and the mavs loss ended towards the start of their game, so they pulled the plug pretty quickly.

They would have won today if they had to, anyways.
shack009
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I'm just sad New Orleans lost, because I really wanted to see a Lakers/Suns playin.

I don't like the Phoenix/Minnesota 1st round matchup, because I wanted to see both those teams have a 1st round meltdown

Completely agree. As usual, things worked out as well as possible for Phoenix. Was hoping it would be Phoenix/Denver on the 2/7 line, so I would be happy with the outcome of that series either way.
PatAg
AG
Kidd clearly opted to get Luka/Kyrie extra rest, which I think was smart considering all the knocks Luka had picked up the last month...and those 2 dudes carrying the majority of the workload for our team.
Guitarsoup
AG

MW03
AG
Grapesoda2525
Play in went well.

Could be relevant to the mavs if we advance and the thunder choke in the first round. Lakers are 7th seed. 8th seed will be kings or pelicans. I didn't want the warriors or lakers in the second round of the playoffs, so I'm glad that possibility is out.
M.C. Swag
AG

Game 1 is gonna be a 2:30pm tip off! Should make for a lovely Sunday afternoon.
South Platte
I don't mind Phoenix. Booker is a schmuck, but overall I'm neutral on their franchise. I loved rooting for their teams in the 90's while the Mavericks took the decade off and Kidd and Jim Jackson took turns banging Toni Braxton.

Golden State. Fallen off a cliff. I hate that they had one last good year in 2022, which might have cost us an NBA title. I think everybody is sick of them. And I still haven't recovered from the Baron Davis Stephen Jackson Jason Richardson beatdown in 2007.
Guitarsoup
AG
South Platte said:

I don't mind Phoenix. Booker is a schmuck, but overall I'm neutral on their franchise. I loved rooting for their teams in the 90's while the Mavericks took the decade off and Kidd and Jim Jackson took turns banging Toni Braxton.

Golden State. Fallen off a cliff. I hate that they had one last good year in 2022, which might have cost us an NBA title. I think everybody is sick of them. And I still haven't recovered from the Baron Davis Stephen Jackson Jason Richardson beatdown in 2007.
Suns, Jazz, and Lakers are still the axis of evil for me. And where ever James Harden, Joel Embiid and other pathetic foul merchants are.
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

Golden state is my least favorite team. Even when they suck, they seem to have our number. Really glad there's no way we can play them in the playoffs.
Guitarsoup
AG
Supposedly Kawhi is getting shots in his knees and Clippers don't know if he will be ready.

Or maybe his Uncle is making him hang out in New York to try to get a better show deal. Hard to tell.
Grapesoda2525
Guitarsoup said:

Supposedly Kawhi is getting shots in his knees and Clippers don't know if he will be ready.

Or maybe his Uncle is making him hang out in New York to try to get a better show deal. Hard to tell.
Good thing is it sounds like he won't be 100%. I'm not one to root for injuries, but I'm sick of Leonard and he's already knocked us out of the playoffs twice. Just lose in the first round and go enjoy the Olympics Leonard.
Guitarsoup
AG
Kahwi is out.
shack009
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Kahwi is out.
Absolutely brutal for them. You hate to see it.
shack009
AG

Great news.
M.C. Swag
AG
Anyone other than skip bayless report that?
Guitarsoup
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Anyone other than skip bayless report that?

Pretty sure I remember that Skip and the uncle got to be buddies when Kawhi was on the spurs
shack009
AG

That quote from PG is pretty damning...
shack009
AG
Got to applaud Devin Booker for finally showing up after the Suns are down 20+. Was a non factor all game and now wants to take over when the game has been decided.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.