***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

119,399 Views | 2621 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by HawthornAggie
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're still not playing excellent offense, but that was the style we played the last 30 or so games of the season. Thats what it takes to win it all
HawthornAggie
AG
HawthornAggie said:

Washington looks like he's never played professionally

Credit where credit is due, idk if PJ missed a shot after this. Finished incredibly strong including some clutch free throws.
PatAg
AG
We give Kidd a lot of crap, rightfully so, but he made a lot of excellent adjustments on both offense and defense
MW03
AG
Best decision of the night was to throw on 971 in the 4th, pause the tv, and listen to chuck call the game.
MW03
AG
How the **** am I supposed to sleep now???
gigem1223
Shaq "Clippers let this one get away"

They literally had the lead for maybe 5 minutes of the whole game. The LA bias is ridiculous
gigem1223
Lmao now they're crying about the and one call overturned.
FriscoKid
AG
gigem1223 said:

Stop being a victim and take the win. It was a great game and a lot of fun.
shack009
AG
gigem1223 said:

Shaq "Clippers let this one get away"

They literally had the lead for maybe 5 minutes of the whole game. The LA bias is ridiculous

Thought that was weird and then Chuck talking about how he can't believe there are 2 off days until the next game. He said "my suns have to play every other day." The suns literally just got 2 days off between games before tonight. So off the rails.
shack009
AG
FriscoKid said:

gigem1223 said:

I think he's more laughing at the crying national analysts.
gigem1223
FriscoKid said:

gigem1223 said:

That's really what you took out of that? You obviously aren't watching the post game show.
MW03
AG
I'm eating this national post game up like a ****ing sundae. Gimme all your salt, TNT. Weep for Paul George and Harden and Westbrook. Man the Clippers are one Pat Bev away from having an all time ******* team.
PatAg
AG
That TNT broadcast is probably done soon. I'll still enjoy their funny clips that get posted, but they can't watch and analyze games anymore.
shack009
AG
PatAg said:

That TNT broadcast is probably done soon. I'll still enjoy their funny clips that get posted, but they can't watch and analyze games anymore.

Is it really? I haven't really tuned in to it in some time, but I was under the impression it was still pretty popular. But I have no idea.

Their analysis definitely has not seemed to be particularly insightful tonight, that's for sure.
PatAg
AG
shack009 said:

PatAg said:

Is it really? I haven't really tuned in to it in some time, but I was under the impression it was still pretty popular. But I have no idea.

Their analysis definitely has not seemed to be particularly insightful tonight, that's for sure.
Oh its still popular, I just meant that they clearly dont really watch games anymore and just have bad take after bad take. Getting old
MW03
AG
Man. Luka was incredible on defense down the stretch. They kept trying to iso him and he was full on shutdown defense. Considering he played 46 mins and the entire second, that's incredible. Sheer force of will.
HawthornAggie
AG
W
FriscoKid
AG
gigem1223 said:

FriscoKid said:

gigem1223 said:

That's really what you took out of that? You obviously aren't watching the post game show.

Yeah. I really don't care what they say. The Mavs have a better team and the clippers have pulled together a bunch of stars from 6-7 years ago. I really don't care what Shaq says on a "national broadcast". I want the Mavs to win because I'm a fan with my kids, but I don't give much thought to what an "expert analyst" thinks..
shack009
AG
MW03 said:

Man. Luka was incredible on defense down the stretch. They kept trying to iso him and he was full on shutdown defense. Considering he played 46 mins and the entire second, that's incredible. Sheer force of will.

He was doing so well that he got cocky and tried to pick up PG 75 feet and it ended up with Luka being left in the dust, but I think the clippers didn't score, IIRC.
Guitarsoup
AG
Right in Hardens fat ugly face

shack009
AG
shack009
AG
MW03 said:

PatAg
AG
That run we went on in the 4th coming out of the timeout was so awesome. Love playoff basketball
gigem1223
FriscoKid said:

gigem1223 said:

FriscoKid said:

gigem1223 said:

Yeah. I really don't care what they say. The Mavs have a better team and the clippers have pulled together a bunch of stars from 6-7 years ago. I really don't care what Shaq says on a "national broadcast". I want the Mavs to win because I'm a fan with my kids, but I don't give much thought to what an "expert analyst" thinks..

Yet you care what random strangers say on a message board…
shack009
AG
hph6203
AG
MW03 said:

He was.

Grapesoda2525
Defense was great. The main thing that's is annoying is the missed free throws, turnovers, and missing shots right on top of the basket.
jeffdjohnson
This series really turned into a physical grind. Kawhi was definitely compromised in this game. Both teams are playing physical, swarming defense with nothing easy in the paint. At the end of the day the Mavs have Luka / Kyrie and the Clippers have PG / Kawhi / Harden. If apex Kawhi doesn't show up then the Mavs have the advantage in this series.
PatAg
AG
starting on ESPNU if you dont have bally, since other game is going into OT
PatAg
AG
Refs already sucking
HawthornAggie
AG
No reason Mavs should have to challenge there
HawthornAggie
AG
Nice start for Gafford
PatAg
AG
Just allowing them to maul Luka
HawthornAggie
AG
Annnnnd he's out
gigem1223
Make a frickin shot. Damn

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.