F GOLF

168,463 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
rosco511
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exactly. About two months ago I went to get a lesson for the first time in probably 10 years because I made a commitment to start playing golf regularly again. I was about a 4 handicap in college and early 20s when I played regularly, but over the years as I played less frequent and would take longer breaks from playing I would then struggle with consistency in ball striking when returning to play. This time I said I would take a lesson after several weeks of playing and so I followed through. The instructor told me my impact position was the only thing that really needed work, as I was releasing the club too early. This "simple" issue has required me to hit 1/2 and 3/4 shots for basically the last 2 months to retrain the feel of the correct impact position. There have been times where I really struggled to consistently achieve it, but after going to the range and/or playing about 3 times a week over those 2 months, I am finally at a position where my impact position on those 1/2 and 3/4 shots is really consistent and feels natural again so can now begin to do full swings.

It was not always easy playing but being limited to 1/2 and 3/4 swings, but I knew that was the only way to get there. Basically, lesson is to trust the process and work at it because sometimes do have to take steps back before can go forward.
agsalaska
AG
My stroke average is up a bout 2 strokes over last year and it is pretty frustrating. But the last couple of weeks I have hit the ball much better. We are currently getting new greens so I have been practicing less and playing at other courses more. Maybe higher scores should be expected.

But ****

Yesterday I had it going pretty good, at least to the green. And I didn't putt too bad. I made a couple of 8 footish par putts and a 20 for birdie. But I did miss a few I should make. But not terrible .But everything else was solid. I had 13 pars and probably 10 were of the tap in variety. I didn't knock down any pins but was 20 feet for birdie most of the day. Only one birdie, but without a good place to practice putting during the week I am not going to make many.

Oh but then there are the 3 OB balls that turned into 3 doubles. One with a driver off of the tee that I pushed dead right and then sliced, on with a 3 wood from the fairway trying to reach a par 5 where I am pretty sure I was aimed OB, and one with a 5 wood off 18 tee that I duck hooked. Turned a potentially good round into a meh. Again. Just like last weekend. 3 excrutiatingly awful shots. F golf.
t - cam
AG
I'll take hitting it good and scoring bad over the alternative. I will not have near as much fun if I feel like i'm scrambling all over the place rather hitting good shots and putting like crap.
agsalaska
AG
t - cam said:

I'll take hitting it good and scoring bad over the alternative. I will not have near as much fun if I feel like i'm scrambling all over the place rather hitting good shots and putting like crap.

True. It did make me want to come back today because I know it's right there. You hear pros talk about it all of the time and it applies to all skill levels been hitting it good but can't score. That has been me lately. Problem is I will lose it before I actually score well. . '
khaos288
AG
It's too hot for this ***** I was 119 yards away from hitting par on the 9 hole course today, and of course I Bon Jovi shank the tee shot, half way there. A bad bounce of the fringe in my approach shot, and a missed chip in by 4 inches, and I bogie.
khaos288
AG
I. ****ing. Quit.

Played tour 18 for the first time today, and shot 94. I was lucky to shoot that. Couldn't hit a ****ing shot all day. Look for lots of sale threads soon.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
I'm quitting with you.

Played Castle Hills this morning. 104.

Not. A. Single. Par.

You have to try really hard to not shoot par on a single hole. I even had 3 decent birdie looks. I honestly think it's the first time I have ever not scored a single par in a round.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Friday I shot 57 on the front and 41 on the back. How does that happen? Well, at least it wasn't the other way around. I'd really be pissed then.
CTGilley
AG
Woke up Saturday and could not walk. Tendonitis in my foot. I planned to play golf the whole three day weekend and I could not do a thing.
tandy miller
AG
**** golf.

2 rounds of 91 in a row (best is 90). One hole just about decided it both days.

Sunday played rio Colorado, was chipping 3 on the par 5 first. Chipped 3 off the green, 4 on, and 3 putted for double.

Yesterday played Sienna Plantation. Played the best round of my life except for 2 holes. Hit the best 3w of my life off the tee on the ~280 yard par 4 9th. Got a lot of rollout, and ended up in a green side bunker. Took 3 swings to get out. Two putted for double.

So frustrating. I'm RIGHT THERE, but I can't seem to put it all together under pressure. Yesterday I was 1 over through 4... looked at my scorecard and went 5 over through the next 2.
Post removed:
by user
tandy miller
AG
I know it will happen. Just frustrating. My short game is usually my best facet. And I rarely don't get out of the sand in one.

I will say that I had 2 really solid 5 hole stretches yesterday. Played 1-5 +3, and played 10-14 +2. Then the wheels came off down the stretch both 9's

khaos288
AG
Fine. I'll keep playing. A guy was helping me with my swing and gave me two pointers that had me launching balls high, long, and even with a little fade. I've been trying to force a fade (to get rid of my insane hook) all. Stinking. Year. This guy gave me two tips that had me pushing them out onto greens in no time. Of course I was still aiming for the hook for awhile but it was close to figured out by the end.
clintaggie04
AG
I had been playing pretty well with rounds of 81, 81 and 82. Friday I met some buddies at Pine Forest and shoot a cool 92 (46-46). Couldn't hit my driver, was hitting irons fat, made nothing outside of a few feet. No big deal, just one of those days. Played Monday at Battleground, which is in really bad shape by the way, and carded a 93 (46-47). It was brutal. I bet I didn't hit 10 balls in the center of the club face all day.
Mr.Bond
AG
I've heard battleground has become a goat ranch. Which is sad because it's a decent layout
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

clintaggie04
AG
Greens were absolute garbage. I won't go back.
07fta07
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I've heard battleground has become a goat ranch. Which is sad because it's a decent layout

It's been like that for a while. Used to be one of my favorite courses, but haven't been there in forever because the last couple times I went it was complete crap.
Mr.Bond
AG
My part of town really blows ass as far as public courses go. Moody is great but its nearly as far away from me time wise as stuff north of Houston
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Played Battleground last year. First and only time. Was told at the pro shop the greens were "in transition" which apparently means painted, compressed sand. No grass at all. Wouldn't know it, though, based on the rates. I won't be back.

Luckily, I live on the north side and have plenty of good options.
khaos288
AG
+1/+9 split today but hit my first eagle so that's a plus?
girlgolfer12
Eff off! You played your best round (no lakepark) and no reason to say F golf, sir! You played well! Today was fun with our group!
bagger05
AG
khaos288 said:

+1/+9 split today but hit my first eagle so that's a plus?

Not only did you get an eagle, but you also yelled GET F##KED!!!!! right after you made the putt so that was also a plus.
Quinn
AG
Was on my way to breaking 90 for the first time until I threw up a ****ing 9 on #16 at Stevens Park. Finished with a 92.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
girlgolfer12 said:

(no lakepark)

Enjoyed it as well, BW.

Khaos definitely shoved it up my ass with that putt.
jgh85Ag
AG
Lube or no lube?
Icecream_Ag
S
jgh85Ag said:

Lube or no lube?
we are gentlemen...so no lube is my guess
khaos288
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

jgh85Ag said:

Lube or no lube?
we are gentlemen...so no lube is my guess

It was slider that slipped in ever so naturally.
CTGilley
AG
41 on the back and didn't break 90.
jckrjr7
AG
Beat my friend for the first time after about 40 rounds together on Monday with a 97 on a really difficult track. He smoked my ass by 16 strokes Friday when I threw up a 102 at the easiest course in town. Couldn't hit a fairway to save my life.
jgh85Ag
AG
So shouldn't he be the one to f golf?
tandy miller
AG
**** this stupid ****ing game. 96 from the whites at sienna. Seriously I don't even know why I bother. I'm not any good. In fact I suck. Why anyone plays with me i dont know. All of a sudden Ive lost about 30 yards with every club in my ****ing bag. Hell I was 35 yards short on a 140 yard par 3 with a SEVEN iron. What the hell?! Seriously ready to give up. I really don't know why I do this to myself.

I did putt well today though
jj9000
AG
Told a guy in my group today that I'm about to sell all my extra **** and apply those funds to a years worth of a swing coach. Too bad his bag consists of almost all of my old gear.

Really getting tired of going low with new **** and then stringing 3-4 go F yourself rounds together.

Just defeating sometimes.
Philip J Fry
AG
Went to ***** today to analyze my swing. The guy working the station flat out told me I needed to stop playing.
tandy miller
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Went to ***** today to analyze my swing. The guy working the station flat out told me I needed to stop playing.

No way
Mr.Bond
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Yea I call Bull****

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.