F GOLF

168,491 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dang....yall suck.

Really, dude?

Didn't you troll around this board a while back?

No, just recently... with Joe Dante Wrist Hinge thingy.

Funny that you stuck with it long enogh to let it ruin your game.

If it didn't work for you, why would you let it ruin your game?

I suppos you could have learned to clear the hips faster, like DJ.

Makes no sense.

Because it felt right and I could spank the ball on rhe range. But when timing got off on the course...I would duckhook. It caused me to swing more in to out and gradually gave me a bowed wrist at the top.

I still fight it today.

But because I learned the game as a kid...and spent more time golfing on A&M course and munis in Los Angeles while in grad school instead of going to classes, I can still score well regardless of my ball striking.

I still struggle with bowed wrist at the top...but only if there's a ball in front of me. Without the ball, my practice swing puts me in a perfect wrist position.

Yes, I understand charles barkley's mental block.

I love golf.
AggieIce
AG
37 on the front

44 on the back

No Birdes
CTGilley
AG
I did more squirrel hunting than golfing. I could not get the ball off the ground most of the day and when I did I would clip a limb and drop it straight down. Worst round in years! I gave up on the score card and started drinking.
agsalaska
AG
Yes. Yes. F golf. Let the hate run thru you.

Been working hard all winter with lessons at golf tec and all that. Have a pretty good round a cpuple of weeks ago. Makes me feel like I can compete at a 2.4. Go out in the men's game the last two weekends and can't chip or putt to save my life, not to mention my inability to handle the wind. 83-81 and donated several 20 dollar bills. Fortunately I stayed away from the real betting.
billyag20
AG
Played yesterday afternoon and was +3 thru 16 (lowest round ever is a 78). Hit a perfect drive on the par 4 17th to leave me 85 yds to the pin. Then proceed to skull a wedge over the green and card a 10 without a lost ball. I was so rattled that I ended with another bogey to finish with a 82.

F Golf
agsalaska
AG
I have been working my ass off on this new swing. So much to think about. I finally come out yesterday and seem to have it. Hit seven greens on the front but thanks to an errant 4 iron and two 3 putts I am two over. Two ten footers for birdie missed on 10 and 11. Get up on 12 and hit the ball in the right fairway bunker about 100 yards out. No problem I think. Nope. Big problem. I am against the lip and cannot get the ball out. A hole I am probably under par on in my last 20 rounds turns into another double. Instead of being -1 or so thru 12 I am +4 thanks to terrible putting and some bad luck. From this point on I lose my swing and still cannot putt.

Miss right on the par 3 13th but have a pretty straight forward uphill chip. The chip lands right where I want it and for no good reason kicks dead right. Instead of having a tap in par I miss a ten footer. Followed by total **** the rest of the way.

Shot 81

F Golf.
khaos288
AG
End of last year I was hitting my irons consistently and driving straight enough to get my average into the low 90s.

I haven't broken 100 this year. Drive slice is back with a vengeance. Can't even strike properly with the hybrids/irons.
DadAG10
Saw new posts today, thought it might have been Rickie posting.
ElCheAg
AG
Played the old Lawrence Marshall course this past Saturday. The wind was a beetch! Scored a 96, and still made a few bucks.

Oh yeah. Fook golf.
jj9000
AG
Had a decent round going into the 17th hole.

Par 3 - 140 yards

Pulled a 9 iron and proceeded to clank one off the hosel. Ball landed in bounds, but I was fired up that I hit a hozzler.

Was determined to get the ball on the green off the box.

Proceeded to clank 3 more off the hosel from the box...all coming to rest within 10 yards of the first ball. Gathered my Easter eggs and turned the give a **** meter off.

F Golf!!

Quinn
AG
After a couple decent rounds to start the year, I played like complete garbage on Saturday. Sprayed my driver all over, mi**** a ton of irons, etc etc. Wanted to break all my clubs afterwards so I would stop wasting money on this stupid game.

F golf!!
07fta07
AG
Started taking some lessons to develop a repeatable swing. Have learned to hit the ball great on the range with the new swing but can't take it to the course. Played 54 holes this weekend without a birdie. F golf.
Yesterday
AG
Haven't played a round of golf in almost three months. F work.
WHOOP!'91
AG
My brother says he tried to buy a bucket of range balls from the pro shop because those are the only ones he can hit worth a damn.
Brick Tamland
Bought a bucket of range balls yesterday..

I think I hit one ball well. **** golf. Worst day on the range I've ever had. Couldn't get anything up in the air and everything just felt wrong with my swing. Worse than the first time I ever went.
AustinCountyAg
last month I was hitting baby draws off the tee box on command....a couple weeks ago that has all but disappeared and have been awful. Slicing it off the tee box and shanking irons. So damn frustrating to go from playing some really good golf to straight garbage.

I know I'm coming over the top but I literally can't do anything fix it
Funky Winkerbean
AG
quote:
Haven't played a round of golf in almost three months. F work.

One year.
John Maplethorpe
AG
quote:
last month I was hitting baby draws off the tee box on command....a couple weeks ago that has all but disappeared and have been awful. Slicing it off the tee box and shanking irons. So damn frustrating to go from playing some really good golf to straight garbage.

Think merry-go- round instead of ferris wheel. Think you're striking the inside of the ball.

You can PayPal me the $110 for the lesson.
AustinCountyAg
quote:
quote:

Think merry-go- round instead of ferris wheel. Think you're striking the inside of the ball.

You can PayPal me the $110 for the lesson.

What do you mean merry go round instead of Ferris wheel? Are you also saying for me to focus hitting the inside of the ball?

I usually try to think to hit the ball opposite field (baseball) when trying to hit a draw. Lately though it has been a straight push that way or a massive fade
AggieIce
AG
Also depends on what your club face is doing. Inside-out doesn't always mean draw.

Club face determines initial direction, club path determines ball flight
khaos288
AG
?forcedesktop=1
Brick Tamland
Hit about 40 balls today and only missed 5 or 6 using the SAME EXACT SWING. F. Golf.
Post removed:
by user
AustinCountyAg
Went back out yesterday and the draw magically returned. And played pretty decent all around. So annoying... Will soon find out if I have it today or not
CapCityAg89
AG
Played a bit of "early Spring day in Seattle" golf today. Shot 99 with 8 pars. Double, Quad, Triple, Triple to start. Back 9 was par, par, quad, par, par, triple, par, triple, par.

86 on the same course in the rain two weeks ago with a birdie but only 3 pars.

F golf.
Post removed:
by user
jonj101
Club Championship was this past weekend. Developed the shanks on the second hole of the first day. Every single iron shot. At one point I practically chipped in a half circle. Carried throughout the entire round.

I went out and played 9 holes after that round with another member and shot my handicap, so I figured it was over. Sunday the exact same thing happened. On one hole I knocked like 4 balls in the water. I came in dead last by like 30+ strokes. A few people I was playing with told me they don't know how I finished - they would have picked up their ball and went home. I wanted to, but I just couldn't quit - despite how painful it was. First time since I picked up this game that I contemplated quitting. I had been looking forward to this tournament all year and had an absolutely pathetic performance.

I talked to the pro afterwards and he told me a box drill I can do on the range, so I probably won't see the course for a while.
AustinCountyAg
quote:
Club Championship was this past weekend. Developed the shanks on the second hole of the first day. Every single iron shot. At one point I practically chipped in a half circle. Carried throughout the entire round.

I went out and played 9 holes after that round with another member and shot my handicap, so I figured it was over. Sunday the exact same thing happened. On one hole I knocked like 4 balls in the water. I came in dead last by like 30+ strokes. A few people I was playing with told me they don't know how I finished - they would have picked up their ball and went home. I wanted to, but I just couldn't quit - despite how painful it was. First time since I picked up this game that I contemplated quitting. I had been looking forward to this tournament all year and had an absolutely pathetic performance.

I talked to the pro afterwards and he told me a box drill I can do on the range, so I probably won't see the course for a while.

I understand your pain. Golf is the most humbling game ever
jj9000
AG
jonj101...don't quit, bud...I can sympathize with what you are going through...They hit me last summer.

I went from shooting at quadrants of the green with a PW, to praying I don't break a window with a PW.

Heck, I played at a really really high-end Country Club, grabbed an 8 iron from 150 out, and stone cold clanked a multi-million dollar home 45* to my right.

Also, I can't tell you how many iron sets I built during that time period...jacking with static weight/composites/swingweight/length/flex/grips...I could go on.

Bottom line is that they won't stick around if you put in the time.
khaos288
AG
for about 1 week I had my 3 wood perfectly figured out. I was hitting it dead straight carrying 200. In the two weeks since then I haven't hit one off the tee 200 with a roll. Swing feels exactly the same of course. F golf.
leachfan
Joined the country club a few weeks ago and I only know one member really well. Have played in the big noon game 4 times and they have been the worst 4 rounds I've played in years. I can see everyone roll their eyes when they see my name on the list now.
Went back and played with my old game and shot an 80. Played another round with my nephew- shot an 81. Decided I'd try the big game again this weekend. Crap - it was worse than ever. Almost hit the club champion who was in my group. I just wanted to go look for my ball and keep rolling to the parking lot. F GOLF!
jonj101
Thanks - I'm not quitting. It just really tears you apart and gets in your head when it happens. In addition to better swing mechanics, I think I have to learn how to mentally separate it so that if it happens I don't get paralyzed so that it keeps repeating.

Much better golfers can accept the mistake/mis-hit and move on with the confidence that it won't keep happening. I failed to do that. Just gotta keep pushing.
dodger02
AG
I've played maybe 10 rounds over the past 18 months. I love the game, but can't seem to properly juggle golf, family, and my inherent laziness.

This weekend, I played my home course as a single. For a long time, I struggled with a bad hook off the tee that really hindered my play. However, I recently found a swing thought that works, and I found far more fairways on Saturday.

Shot a 39 on the front and started feeling great. Then, on the 13th, I got stuck behind two groups of five - the one immediately in front of me played the 13th through 18th with two or more balls, each. It took me almost two hours to play the last six holes. I got thrown off my pace, got pissed, and finished the last six holes +7. I didn't make a birdie all day and I missed at least 5 putts of < 4 feet. If my putting from distance were event half-way decent, I would have been even par on the front.

Uncle Jimbo
My ball-striking is the best it's ever been. I gave up on my driver because I'm hitting my long irons so consistently.

I can hit my 3-iron 230 off of the tee and I'm nutting it straight down the fairway every time.

I hit 7 out of 7 fairways on the front nine using my 3-iron and 5 out of 7 GIR's on those holes.

I also had two 4-putts and a 3-putt on those same holes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.