F GOLF

168,499 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Shelton98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Tempest is tough. I played there about a month ago. Felt like I hit it well and still shot 88. Took me two shots to get out of bunkers twice. And having never played there got into trouble off the tee a few times on shots I thought were perfect.

There are some fairways on Tempest that should just be called "ways". I hit a few pretty good drives that landed on a side of a hill in the middle of the "fairway" and kicked 30 yds sideways into no man's land.
BigRedAg18
I graduated in December and started a new job in January so for the first time ever I can afford to treat myself to some new clubs. I picked up my new P790s earlier this week and decided on a box of TP5s to go with them. After 2 rounds at Diamondback the whole box is mostly gone. F Golf.
(But these new irons are awesome)
khaos288
AG
Welp....haven't been here in awhile. Gave in and got a lesson a few weeks ago and when it's clicking, it's great.

Started today birdie....quad.....birdie....triple. Ob tee shot after each birdie and not particular good follow ups
AggieDruggist89
AG
khaos288 said:

Welp....haven't been here in awhile. Gave in and got a lesson a few weeks ago and when it's clicking, it's great.

Started today birdie....quad.....birdie....triple. Ob tee shot after each birdie and not particular good follow ups

F U A B

F*** Up After Birdie

Common phenomenon
khaos288
AG
Exactly what I said
Post removed:
by user
Forum Troll
AG
22 stroke differential between 9s eh? And i thought 10 or 12 was frustrating.
Post removed:
by user
AggieIce
AG
Front Nine: Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Double, Double, Bogey, Double for a smooth 40

WITH ONLY 10 PUTTS!!!
CapCityAg89
AG
AggieIce said:

Front Nine: Birdie, Par, Birdie, Par, Birdie, Double, Double, Bogey, Double for a smooth 40

WITH ONLY 10 PUTTS!!!

I love this thread. That's funny **** right there.

So glad it's not just me.
Aggieangler93
AG
I don't even want to mention what I shot earlier this week. I couldn't get off the tee to save my butt!
khaos288
AG
Was playing my best golf ever the past couple weeks. Then Friday I was playing tips and doing fine until the last couple holes and finished double double double. Then Sunday I got up early and drove 45 minutes to play. Hit 4 tee balls in the water on one and back felt not right. Got a refund and drove home. Now can't play bc of work travel...literal torture.
jonj101
So far this is a year of highs and lows - won my first tournament and broke 80 for the first time. Then sciatica flared up in me and sidelined me for some weeks. Lost a bit of weight (still got some to go), and I'm able to swing the club again, but now I'm snap hooking everything.

I think its my body trying to compensate for fear of the injury, but not sure. I have another tournament on Saturday, and if I was playing like I was a few months ago I'm confident I could take it. But the way I'm hitting it now I have no clue. Going to see my coach on Friday, but might be too late.

agracer
AG
After today I'm seriously ready to just give up. Practice, lessons, record myself to see what I'm doing right and wrong at the range...and I'm not really a whole lot better then when I started playing 5 years ago.

5 years ago I picked up the game again..20 yr old clubs and shooting 110++ the first few times I went out. Took some lessons, got some newer used clubs and before the summer was over I broke 90 for the first time in my life. Got better the next few summers and then it just seemed to go downhill...

More lessons and new clubs 3 years ago...break 90 maybe 2x a season...but not once this year. Last summer and this one I suddenly can't hit my driver...finally got that worked out now I can't even hit my wedge consistently let alone anything bigger. I was 115 out on #8 today and took 3 more damned strokes to get in the green (no penalty's).

Shot a effing 50 on the front tonight and was 30 over after 15 (quit bc too dark to finish) so likely 105+ today if I'd finished the round...

It seems like every time I play I find a new hiccup in my swing that wasn't there last time...

PS yes I play the ball where it lies unless it's on a cart path...I keep score according to the rules including penalties.
AggieDruggist89
AG
agracer said:

After today I'm seriously ready to just give up. Practice, lessons, record myself to see what I'm doing right and wrong at the range...and I'm not really a whole lot better then when I started playing 5 years ago.

5 years ago I picked up the game again..20 yr old clubs and shooting 110++ the first few times I went out. Took some lessons, got some newer used clubs and before the summer was over I broke 90 for the first time in my life. Got better the next few summers and then it just seemed to go downhill...

More lessons and new clubs 3 years ago...break 90 maybe 2x a season...but not once this year. Last summer and this one I suddenly can't hit my driver...finally got that worked out now I can't even hit my wedge consistently let alone anything bigger. I was 115 out on #8 today and took 3 more damned strokes to get in the green (no penalty's).

Shot a effing 50 on the front tonight and was 30 over after 15 (quit bc too dark to finish) so likely 105+ today if I'd finished the round...

It seems like every time I play I find a new hiccup in my swing that wasn't there last time...

PS yes I play the ball where it lies unless it's on a cart path...I keep score according to the rules including penalties.

Post ur swing. Let me look.

There are 2 related but different aspects to golf, how to hit the ball and how to play the game. Most golfers focus so much how to swing and hit the ball, they don't think much about how to play the game.

When I see high handicapper who doesn't improve, it's typically they don't swing well and they don't know how to play. You can improve one aspect and score better. But to get good at golf... It requires a solid swing and a level headed mind. Yeah. F Golf... I went 43 37 for 80. Quad and Double. But I was able to recover
theSCHW4B
AG
48-38 today with 2 putts that lipped out on the back 9. Couldn't put anything together on the front. Went to the snack bar for a drink at the turn. Realized after parring the first 4 holes on the back that I had left my wallet in my back pocket when I had gotten a drink. Needless to say I will be playing my next round with my wallet on me.
TXAGGIE10
41 front, 49 back. Briarcrest.

On back:
1 quad
4 doubles
1 bogey
3 pars

Couldn't keep it together.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Last 3 rounds even or under par. Playing in yesterday's drizzle, struggling to keep grips dry, losing some drives right due to slippage, +3 headed to #14, turning more aggressively thru the ball to get the face square, then strain the old back on par 5 #14. Felt a twinge on the drive, then the TWANG on the subsequent 3wood that nearly sent me to my knees. Didn't even bother to get the ball and just made the walk of shame to the parking lot. Could barely load my stuff in the car. Have never had to quit on a round due to injury.

Some improvement today so if I'm lucky, maybe I'll be good for next weekend. But more likely to be about 2 weeks off
jonj101
Had to pull out of a tournament yesterday due to unresolved back issue.

At this moment its not F Golf, its F sciatica.
agracer
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Post ur swing. Let me look.

There are 2 related but different aspects to golf, how to hit the ball and how to play the game. Most golfers focus so much how to swing and hit the ball, they don't think much about how to play the game.

When I see high handicapper who doesn't improve, it's typically they don't swing well and they don't know how to play. You can improve one aspect and score better. But to get good at golf... It requires a solid swing and a level headed mind. Yeah. F Golf... I went 43 37 for 80. Quad and Double. But I was able to recover
I know how to play. Learned a long time ago to play withing my own abilities. As in, I'm not trying to hit out of the rough 200-yards to a narrow elevated green with trees left/right and a creek in front of it. That's a VERY low percentage shot for me, and unless I'm playing in a scramble, I never "go for it". I lay up every time and try to get close and save par. Or if I'm buried in the trees I'm not trying to thread a 5I through a 2-foot gap between 5 trees and get on the green..I take the easiest path to the fairway every time and get a better shot at the green.

It's my swing..just can't seem to find it constantly. And it's not the missing targets left/right/short/long that kills me. I'm generally pretty happy if I strike the ball well even I miss my target a little. It's the crap swings that shank, toe, top, thin, fat that drive me nuts and add 10+ strokes to my rounds. It just appears in the middle of my round...and I'll take 10-strokes on 3 holes...then suddenly back to par/bogey golf and finish 20+ over. So instead of an 85 I'll shoot a 95 or higher (depending on if my swing suddenly leaves me again for a few holes). It's just crazy that I can't find any kind of consistency. I honestly have ZERO confidence in any of my clubs right now except my putter (which oddly has been great the last two summers).

Writing that out it's probably the bold part...one bad hole I can usually just say, whatever, happens...it's the 3 or 4 in a row, or being 115 out in the middle of the fairway and taking 3 more to get to the green...then 3 putting...that's what sends me over the edge.

Last fall I played in Arkansas with my son on a course I'd never seen in my life. It was about the same rating/slope as the courses I play at home. I shot an 84. I think I had one double and one three putt the entire round. So I know I can do this, it's why I keep playing.
stick93
AG
jonj101 said:

Blew out a disc 3 weeks ago(that was a fun trip home from Florida). Wasn't able to use my right leg at all. Had it repaired on Monday. Modern medicine is awesome. Now the hard part. Leave the sticks in the garage for 6-8 weeks while I rehab.
snowaggie
stick93 said:

jonj101 said:

Blew out a disc 3 weeks ago(that was a fun trip home from Florida). Wasn't able to use my right leg at all. Had it repaired on Monday. Modern medicine is awesome. Now the hard part. Leave the sticks in the garage for 6-8 weeks while I rehab.
Wouldn't mind at all if you were to elaborate a bit on what you had done, if you're inclined. I've heard wildly differing opinions on the topic of surgical interventions for back problems.

My freshest F Golf moment: Have screwed up rounds in a variety of ways, but this one felt uniquely self-inflicted and I can now understand how the best players must have the ability to avoid this....was having a good round (for me), nothing worse than bogey and was hitting the ball really well (more 3-putts than normal). Got to the 11th and almost failed to even make contact with the drive. Kept putting myself in alternate roughs trying to get back into position. Walked off the green with a triple and let it ruin every subsequent shot the rest of the round. Just couldn't shake being *issed and feeling sorry for myself, when in reality there were still enough holes to recover and maybe still come out with a good score. F Golf.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Member Guest past weekend.

Buddy flew out from CA to VA.

He's +1 and I'm 3. We are the low team. Expected to take Gross.

Practice round, between him and I, 11 birdies and 1 eagle. 66 and 72...both with a double on the same hole.

We came in 69 and 72 gross on Sat and Sunday.

F Golf.
Rubble
AG
41 on the front with a birdie and a 3 putt double.

+3 on the back through 13. Chunk an 8 iron in the water and make double on 14. Birdies on 15, 16, 17. All I need is par on 18 to shoot 79. Chunk a 3W off the tee and end up making double for 81.

F Golf!
lazuras_dc
AG
Personal best I think I've shot an 87 a handful of years back but most likely cheated with a foot wedge or changing a lie or something. So Haven't legit broken 90 in a long time (took a 2 year hiatus from golf) and I'm now month 3 after starting back into it. Had a 44 on the front and needed par on 18 to get 89. Slicedmy drive. Chunked the next shot. Third shot on the green to 15feet - blast it past end up 3 putting.

F golf.

Also- local course doesn't carry white claws? F golf
rononeill
49/40 with a lipped our birdie put on 18. I'm dealing with what I call a "young" 11 handicap. Have a handful of 80s, a 79, and a bunch of 86-94s. I still feel like a 16 player that's just seeing a lot of luck lately.
07fta07
AG
34/43 Sunday. 3 birdies on the front. 3 doubles on the back. Swing went to **** for the back 9. F golf.
agsalaska
AG
HAHA. I know that feeling.

My last 5 rounds are 84, 82, 81, 79, 79. I am trending in the right direction!!!

F Golf.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
jj9000
AG
Placeholder for my entry later today.

Edit...I did not disappoint.

F-Golf.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Shot a 48/40 today. My best back 9 ever I think.
What pisses me off about it is that I had THREE 3-putts for bogey on the back 9. And they weren't long either. All within 15 feet. Greens were wet, but rolling really fast. Just couldn't figure them out.
Rubble
AG
Old American is ****ing hard, especially with the wind blowing. I think I made 3 pars in route to a 95. Didn't help that it's cart path only until after the LPGA tournament in a couple of weeks.

F Golf!
AgfromHOU
AG
Two weeks ago I came within inches of my first hole in one. In disbelief, I fell to the ground... into a bed of fire ants.

**** golf.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Two weeks ago I came within inches of my first hole in one. In disbelief, I fell to the ground... into a bed of fire ants.

**** golf.

Did you make birdie?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
GQaggie
AG
I am prone to rapidly alternating between streaks of brilliance and horribleness. I once shot 44-33. That was an odd 77 to say the least. I shot 77 today in a much different way, 38-39. Sounds like a much more mundane round, right? No, most frustrating 77 ever.

I started the first three holes of each nine three under. Birdie, birdie, birdie on holes 1-3. Birdie, par, eagle on holes 10-12. The fourth and fifth holes of each nine were bogey, double bogey to completely wipe out the early gains. The last four holes of each nine were the definition of mediocrity.
DannyDuberstein
AG
To join the odd 77 party, my +5 yesterday included 3 double bogeys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.