F GOLF

168,436 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Shelton98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oso96 said:

Played today and shot 79 with 43 putts. 8 3 putts.

You must be a hell of a ballstriker.
Poot
Oso96 said:

Played today and shot 79 with 43 putts. 8 3 putts.

Oof. I shot 83 with 45 putts in regionals in High School my senior year. I feel your pain…. That round I 4 putted for bogey twice on par 5's.
TecRecAg
AG
Started playing 2 years ago. Was on pace to break 90 for the first time today. 44/51 for a 95. Tripled both par 3s on the back 9. Just ugly.
Iowaggie
AG
LIV Golf has added a fighting division apparently to boost ratings.

(NSFW possibly for language)

Bad Poster
F Golf.

4/14 FIR
1/18 GIR
38 Putts
1 ball OB
Score of 97

I've been playing ever since I was 10. Started taking it seriously and playing once or twice a week every week for the last year and a half. Not getting any better. So tired of this ****
Trinity Ag
S
Bad Poster said:

F Golf.

4/14 FIR
1/18 GIR
38 Putts
1 ball OB
Score of 97

I've been playing ever since I was 10. Started taking it seriously and playing once or twice a week every week for the last year and a half. Not getting any better. So tired of this ****
Sounds like you need a new set of irons.

(that is my preferred strategy when my game tanks)
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Bad Poster said:

F Golf.

4/14 FIR
1/18 GIR
38 Putts
1 ball OB
Score of 97

Maybe you just suck.
Bad Poster
Trinity Ag said:

Bad Poster said:

F Golf.

4/14 FIR
1/18 GIR
38 Putts
1 ball OB
Score of 97

Lol I have the 2021 P790's i dont think its the irons.
Bad Poster
Funky Winkerbean said:

Bad Poster said:

F Golf.

4/14 FIR
1/18 GIR
38 Putts
1 ball OB
Score of 97

Maybe you just suck.

This is my opinion as well.
Trinity Ag
S
Bad Poster said:

Trinity Ag said:

Bad Poster said:

F Golf.

4/14 FIR
1/18 GIR
38 Putts
1 ball OB
Score of 97

2 years old and you hit them like crap?

New irons. Definitely.

And "new" just means different -- not necessary brand new.
Bad Poster
Trinity Ag said:

Bad Poster said:

Trinity Ag said:

Bad Poster said:

F Golf.

4/14 FIR
1/18 GIR
38 Putts
1 ball OB
Score of 97

2 years old and you hit them like crap?

New irons. Definitely.

And "new" just means different -- not necessary brand new.

The issue is my swing. Not the irons
Muy
AG
Started playing 2-3 times a month a little over 2 years ago (before that about 5-6 times a year in scrambles). Shot an 87 last Sunday, was so happy I played Monday after work…. shot a 105.

F golf
agsalaska
AG
NM. That post was nothing but trouble.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Gladiator 96
AG
A Friday morning funny .....

Bad Poster
After shooting in the 80's 3 times in the last month, I had my worst round in the last 5 years today at briarcrest. A 107. Old skins game folks took forever this afternoon and held me and my dad up pretty good today. Waiting every shot and 95 degree heat doesnt bode well for a good score. But ****!! A 107!?!?! Awful. Nothing going right today. 58 on the front 9 and 6 balls OB today.

**** golf
Muy
AG
After 2-1/2 years of playing golf I finally shot my first low 80 round with an 82. I live golf now.
Bad Poster
Wrong thread *******
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Got a new TSR2 and went out on a business round.

Embarrassed myself the first 4 holes OBing and shanking drives on each hole.

lost confidence and even skulled a par 3 tee right into water on the 4th or 5th. Started to slowly get it together by hole six and shot a 57 on the front nine.

Tee shots came together and I shot a 47 on the back 9.

Trying to break 90 this year for the first time, but always get slow starts even after warming up.

F Golf
Muy
AG
Bad Poster said:

Wrong thread *******

I missed 5 putts within 4 feet, keeping me from hitting in the 70's. I hate golf.
agracer
AG
Nothing like finishing your round with a 4 putt double bogey (and three 3 putt bogeys for 9 holes) to find a $60 parking ticket for parking along the curb at the course like everyone has been doing for the last 18 months at the newly renovated clubhouse and parking lot….I mean why let everyone know about the policy change via email or even inside when paying. Or even hand out a few warnings for a couple weeks to get the message out there.
TJH_16
AG
Shot front 9 of 41, had a great chance to beat my best which is 87. Then proceeded to three putt my way to a 49 on the back 9. Texas heat and Lone Star Lights had their hand in it too.

Have to lag putt better next time.
agsalaska
AG

**** you all you miserable golfing ****s.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
TecRecAg
AG
Well at least tell us what happened
Rusty GCS
AG
Stupid game. Tee off today (I'm a 14 hcp currently) and all I have in my bag is Pro Vs. I'm late to the course and can't warm up. Par on #1. Ball in woods off the box on #2 and I double bogey. Ball in woods off the box on #3.

I'm looking in the shrubs and see a neon blue Top Flight. I figure if I'm gonna play like **** I might as well not lose $50 in balls. Pick up the blue top flight and finished the entire round with it. I'm 4 over after 3 with Pro Vs and 9 over the last 15 with a ****ty blue ball that I couldn't see for *****

This game makes no sense.
khaos288
AG
I hate this game as well. I have been getting lessons and the guy is rebuilding my swing completely. I'm far enough along that my full stroke with irons and woods is better than maybe ever.

Can't hit a wedge shot for the life of me. Went out to practice this evening and hit 20 balls at 65 yards and only had a handful actually make for up and down. The rest were long ass two putts or even 3 putts.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
65 is an awkward distance. I try not to leave myself with that one.

If that's any consolation…
TecRecAg
AG
Agree. I do what I can to stay 100< yards out. Even if it means leaving the driver in the bag
khaos288
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

65 is an awkward distance. I try not to leave myself with that one.

If that's any consolation…
Normally my game is pretty solid inside 130. I live near a little par three, and usually my practice is taking a bunch of shots across varying distances. It's one of those things where it usually is a well practiced shot, and right now it's just rusty and useless because I'm spending all my time with full irons/woods
AggieDruggist89
AG
khaos288 said:

I hate this game as well. I have been getting lessons and the guy is rebuilding my swing completely. I'm far enough along that my full stroke with irons and woods is better than maybe ever.

Can't hit a wedge shot for the life of me. Went out to practice this evening and hit 20 balls at 65 yards and only had a handful actually make for up and down. The rest were long ass two putts or even 3 putts.

Thoughts and Prayers ..
khaos288
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

khaos288 said:

Thoughts and Prayers ..
Thank you. I had some fundamentals that were just terrible. The things that weren't wrong still weren't great, and I basically just got lucky because I practice a metric boat load. At least now my practice is more pointed. I'm 6 lessons in, and every one feels like a new swing even if the change is small haha
mike_ags_fan12
My first 100 in a long while at Oso Beach in Corpus.

Discovered a new swing off the box which resulted in 50% fairway 50% pull left

Went OB/wet ball in 3 of back 9 holes and scored a 9 on the par 5 8th after getting wet twice.

Definitely need to hit the range to practice this swing
stick95
AG
Striving to break 90 for the first time, and I was 11 over after 14. In total control of bogey golf. Sure I hit some bad shots, but get it back into a playable position and make a bogey. Finished double, double, quad, triple. Wasn't even that mad about it, just said F Golf and went home.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
DRE06
AG
Golf is weird. My most recent scores.

85 - 86 - 88 - 86 - 88 - 82 - 87 - 77 - 76

Out of nowhere I've broken 80 for first time in 2 years. Only time ever shooting back to back 70s. Tied my lowest with a 77 last week in Florida and then carded my lowest ever with 76 back at my home course.

HC has moved from 9.1 to 8.5 last week after the 77 and now down to 7.8 after the 76

DRE06
AG
I will say that the 82 was my first round with a newly fitted drive. Made a world of difference. Moved from a Titleist 910 with stock shaft to the new Titleist TSR3 with fitted shaft (13 year upgrade!). My driving accuracy has improved dramatically
agsalaska
AG
I look forward to hearing all about the 94 you are about to shoot. Probably with some money one the line.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.