F GOLF

168,461 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
50/36 today. LOL.
Damn. I thought my 38/45 was bad the other day. At least you ended on a good note.
t - cam
AG
quote:
quote:
50/36 today. LOL.
Damn. I thought my 38/45 was bad the other day. At least you ended on a good note.
yeah, I've had some of these wild turnarounds and collapses. The turnarounds are much more enjoyable.
K Bo
AG
Yeah, I am very glad it wasn't 36/50, but that's the worst Jekyll and Hyde round I've ever had. Such a cruel, cruel game.
STL_aTm
AG
I've come to the realization and decision that i need to overhaul my swing. I've been putting it off for the last couple of years but I cant do it any longer. My game goes through so many ups and downs and i know its because my swing is so inconsistent. I haven't gotten any better in the last 2 years while playing a crazy amount of golf. I am a decent player that can go from a high 70's to a mid 90's from day to day. Its so frustrating.
The 2 main changes are grip (my right hand currently is so far turned over that my palm is basically pointed straight down) and my club head at the top of my swing (currently my club head is so open it doesn't even look physically possible).
What sucks about the whole situation is that im competitive with the different groups I play with right now majority of the time. I know switching this is going to make me absolutely rage on the course until it becomes a more natural feeling ( & who the hell knows when that will happen) but I just feel that it has to be done for me to improve and become more consistent.

cliffs:
swing sucks and needs to change
antman8504
AG
quote:
I've come to the realization and decision that i need to overhaul my swing. I've been putting it off for the last couple of years but I cant do it any longer. My game goes through so many ups and downs and i know its because my swing is so inconsistent. I haven't gotten any better in the last 2 years while playing a crazy amount of golf. I am a decent player that can go from a high 70's to a mid 90's from day to day. Its so frustrating.
The 2 main changes are grip (my right hand currently is so far turned over that my palm is basically pointed straight down) and my club head at the top of my swing (currently my club head is so open it doesn't even look physically possible).
What sucks about the whole situation is that im competitive with the different groups I play with right now majority of the time. I know switching this is going to make me absolutely rage on the course until it becomes a more natural feeling ( & who the hell knows when that will happen) but I just feel that it has to be done for me to improve and become more consistent.

cliffs:
swing sucks and needs to change
I know the feeling. that right hand being that weak really opens the face in your backswing. I am opposite as you, I am always trying to make sure my right had does not get too strong (underneath the club) because it can lead to monster hooks. But since that hand is so inconsistent, it leads to inconsistent days. I will go months with a good neutral grip to one day I show up and I swear I cant hold the club neutral to save my life. Frustrates me so much.

what has helped me when I get into these ruts is to put a grip trainer on a spare iron. when you swing the club with one of those it will feel foreign (which means you are way off from neutral) but I think a grip trainer is the only thing that will help you not regrip to you old ways mid swing.

Remember that a grip change is a swing change. so going to a neutral grip from a weak grip, you will probably start hitting it way left at first. Give it a few range sessions before you give up on it.
t - cam
AG
This is why a lot of instructors tend to teach a swing and not the swinger. Many golfers get upset that every coach just wants to change their swing when all they want are some minor fixes to get more consistent. The problem is the consistency is in the swing. Most instructors goal is to give you a more repeatable swing.

My brother in law plays a lot of golf and when he has it going he is a mid to high 70's golfer but his low is closer to 100. I don't play very much right now but I never veer much from a low to mid 80's now a days with most strokes being lost around the greens where my feel suffers. I worked at a course growing up and through college and had an instructor iron out the weird nuances I had created on my own to fix small issues as they appeared.
STL_aTm
AG
Exactly. I've taken 2 lessons in my life and both instructors did the exact same thing. During the lesson I'm shanking shots and it looks like I'm a newborn trying to hit a 2iron. I know its just going to take some time for it to become muscle memory. Unfortunately that means me getting my ass kicked on the course for the foreseeable future.
Aggie1391
I haven't played as much this year as I normally do, and since I have to play often to be consistent, I was expecting a bit of rust early on. I played 4 rounds in 2016 thru mid May and everything was ok. Then I went 6 weeks without touching a club and my game has gone to crap.

I miraculously shot 79, with awful driver play and terrible ball striking. I thought it was just rust and would wear off, but then I played yesterday. I can't even make solid contact anymore. My driver, which is normally very reliable for me, has completely disappeared. Most swings hit the toe start right and slice. I went from having a controllable fade, to a big slice that cuts across the entire fairway. And of course, when I aim more left to compensate, I hit it dead strait in the ****. I had absolutely no idea where the ball was going when I stood over it yesterday. hit 2 fairways all day. Can't even count how many balls I lost, probably 8. Stopped keeping score after the 8th hole, but I doubt I broke 95.

F golf.

agsalaska
CTGilley
AG
Y'all called it. I did not feel I was playing that bad but my score card said other wise ...
Flogi
I stopped playing since I'm no good and I don't have time to devote to it. Great sport tho.
khaos288
AG
The golf gods are cruel.

I have been in the worst slump for about a month. Today I finally have a driver and iron game. My putter leaves 9 birdie putts short through 17. On 18 and uphill lie, I find my line, and strike firm. I hit the cup perfectly square, but just hard enough the ball bounces out of the cup. I miss my tenth par (personal best) and my 86 (personal best on the course)
Oso96
AG
Played at Caledonia in Pawleys Island, SC last weekend and shot 82. I had a double bogey on 18 to finish. I knew I hit the ball good, but didn't know how good until I started going over the round. I hit 8/13 fairways and 12/18 greens. Now comes the kicker. I had 40 putts with 7 three putts. I still won money but it could've been a really good round.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
9 birdie putts and shoot 86?
khaos288
AG
quote:
9 birdie putts and shoot 86?

87. Missed every birdie putt (none egregious misses, they were all long, but you hope one goes in) then a triple on each side brings me to 78 already. 7 holes to go +9 on the rest....I'm not very talented.
jj9000
AG
You should sell your clubs and get new ones.
khaos288
AG
quote:
You should sell your clubs and get new ones.

I just agreed to trade those irons too. That was their going away present to me. My driver and chipping was super on point though.
ClassOf17
F golf...

I just wanted to get it out of my system before I play today.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
F golf...

I just wanted to get it out of my system before I play today.
Did it help?
Icecream_Ag
S
I said that about 25 times today then we actually teed off. It didn't help at all.
MondayMorningQB
AG
Games a lot like whack-o-mole, you never know what's going to pop up
khaos288
AG
Welp. A true f golf. Played not great yesterday and went out today to work in the new irons. About ten strokes in I pulled something in my shoulder/neck. Could barely get my clubs back in the truck and drive home.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Get well man. That **** is the absolute worst.
Oso96
AG
I think this is fitting for this thread.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1383028-shot-74-today-lost-by-15/
CTGilley
AG
Played out of my mind Friday. One stroke off my personal best and my lowest round all year.

Back to average on Sunday.
agsalaska
AG
Oso96 said:

I think this is fitting for this thread.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1383028-shot-74-today-lost-by-15/

Just saw that. I shot 75 Friday and lost by 7 and was playing skins against him and a cpuple of others.. In a good almost 2 club wind. Dude is a 0 handicap and is in his mid thirties. He played some mini tour stuff out of college but didn't make it. He normally shoots in the mid seventies but will occasionally show some flashes of brilliance. He shot like a 65 with a double a few days before.
jj9000
AG
Welp...went full Roy McAvoy on #18 today.

Through 17...either going to shoot high 70s or low 80s. Get to the Par 5 18th...and golf kicked me square in the nuts.

- Drive...straight pull left...in the woods
- Found ball in the woods...punch out hits tree and goes behind me
- 2nd punch out hits same tree and goes straight right
- Next shot with a 7 iron...pulled left back into the trees
- Kept 7 iron in hand and hit a really good shot between 2 trees and down the fairway
- Pull a wedge from 118...pull into the left bunker
- Skull that mother-****** over the green
- Get back on the fringe
- Double hit my chip shot
- Said "F this"...got the ball...dropped it and chipped again to 4 feet
- Stepped up to that mother-****** and drained the putt

F-GOLF !!!
agsalaska
AG
So you made a 12?
jj9000
AG
agsalaska said:

So you made a 12?

Yeah..or 13...I didn't write the score down.

It was a glorious one-putt meltdown.

agsalaska
AG
Man I just ****ing hate this game.

I shot 74 yesterday and only hit 6 greens. Maybe 7. I can't remember ig one putt was just off or just on. I was dead nutz chipping and putting.

I hit 10 greens today and shot 79 with a chip and putt birdie on 18. Other than that I couldn't get up and down to save my life. Hit not one but two hozzel rockets. Lost three balls. And missed 4 birdie putts inside 10 feet.

And we are about to get into some serious winds for the next couple of months. Today could not have been better scoring weather. Of the 16 that played today 7 broke par with their handicap. I was net 77. Joy.

Maybe it was all the Whiskey last night.

F golf.
AV8ORAG84
AG
Best golf post ever, F golf makes me laugh every time I see it. My favorite saying. Last week 41/32, wtf?
F Golf.........
khaos288
AG
49/46 from the tips saturday.

The worst part is I had 4 80s rounds in a row, and had hit the 9 hole course twice that week. I spent all week striking my irons awesome, and then I got to the money game on saturday and couldn't hit a GIR for the life of me.
Boo Weekley
I have found that calling myself highly offensive and politically incorrect slurs tends to help psychologically. And at the very least is entertaining for others and helps them feel better about their game and level of maturity. "Come on you stupid f@***t" or "hit the ball you white trash POS" tend to be my go-to's. Tying to work "tr@nny" in more often nowadays as well. The game of golf brings out the worst in my language. Luckily my game has been pretty solid for the most part and I have seen a lot of improvement especially in iron contact in the last 1-2 years so i am berating myself for missing birdie putts or getting bogeys now when years ago it was for completely whiffing the ball or putting it halfway to the hole. No way I could play on tour though no matter how good I was...I love insulting myself verbally too much.
khaos288
AG
Boo Weekley said:

I have found that calling myself highly offensive and politically incorrect slurs tends to help psychologically. And at the very least is entertaining for others and helps them feel better about their game and level of maturity. "Come on you stupid f@***t" or "hit the ball you white trash POS" tend to be my go-to's. Tying to work "tr@nny" in more often nowadays as well. The game of golf brings out the worst in my language. Luckily my game has been pretty solid for the most part and I have seen a lot of improvement especially in iron contact in the last 1-2 years so i am berating myself for missing birdie putts or getting bogeys now when years ago it was for completely whiffing the ball or putting it halfway to the hole. No way I could play on tour though no matter how good I was...I love insulting myself verbally too much.
Oh buddy....some people on this site could vouch for some pretty outrageous strings of words that have come out of my mouth
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

Oh buddy....some people on this site could vouch for some pretty outrageous strings of words that have come out of my mouth
True story.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.