F GOLF

168,438 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
puryearag85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Played so poorly today I went and got fitted for the new Cleveland cbx irons because I don't ****ing deserve to play Pings! F golf
tandy miller
AG
Were you at briarcrest?
khaos288
AG
tandy miller said:

Were you at briarcrest?

Firewheel in dfw
agracer
AG
Good heavens, started with a +4 on the first hole...then par, par, par, bogey, double, birdy, bogey...and after a smashing drive on #9, I shanked two in a row a doubled the last hole for a 44 on the front, 43 on the back.

Basically 3-holes cost me 8 strokes...and all 8 were just completely horrible shots. The rest of the strokes were decent contact, just bad placement (just off green, or into green side bunker and one 3-putt).
agracer
AG
I think I'm done for the year... Shot a ****ing 100 on the same course I shot an 87 just a week ago. My game has just been horrible all summer and I think I just need a break.

Broke 90 only twice this year. Been over 100 multiple times... I didn't go over 100 all last year.

I swear I was ready to walk home after the 14th hole but my dad was playing the best I've ever seen him play in a long time so I just grinded it out. Felt bad for him as he 3 putted the last two holes and finished with a 91

Missed all of 2 fairways last week... Today, hit one...and the rest weren't even close.
bagger05
AG
Got a notice from TheGrint that girlgolfer was +11 at the turn... wonder if she'll be making an appearance here soon......
khaos288
AG
bagger05 said:

Got a notice from TheGrint that girlgolfer was +11 at the turn... wonder if she'll be making an appearance here soon......

Damnnnnn that's khaos status
shaynew1
AG
bagger05 said:

Gotdang they just put your business out there like that ?
girlgolfer12
I'm here! Every aspect of my game was off. I couldn't hit a drive to save my life! My second and third shots were just as bad. I had three triples and an effing four-putt! I was gripping my clubs way too hard trying to fix my swing, which only caused more issues and leaving my weight on my back leg. Not sure what it is about Coyote Ridge but when the wheels fall off I can't get them back on. Last five rounds there 106 (worst round in 10 years!), 88, 82, 84 and 95 yesterday.

What's so frustrating is I played Sherrill Park #1 on Friday and started with an eagle, so I was feeling pretty good. That didn't last long bogeyed the next two holes, parred the next three and three straight bogeys to end the front. Birdied 10, two pars, double, two pars, two bogeys and ended with a double for an 82. We'll see what happens today at Bridlewood!

It's a game, so let's have fun! It's taken me sometime to feel that way.
girlgolfer12
79 at Bridlewood. Much better!!
khaos288
AG
girlgolfer12 said:

This is the F GOLF thread. None of that 70s **** unless you're a + handicap.
jj9000
AG
girlgolfer12 said:

Get this **** out of here.

This thread is for despair and thoughts of quitting this game.
DadAG10
85 at Pine Dunes on Sat, very pleased, but didn't make a putt.

103 at Pinnacle the next morn, maybe too much fun Sat night????
Obi Wan Ginobili
girlgolfer12
Hahaha.. Just following up on my crappy round from the day before and I felt like I wanted to give it up..
agsalaska
AG
This is like priming my weed eater right here.

Shot 79-84 last Thur-fri with a 44 on 9 to add to that. 2 birdies, one a two putt birdies and one bad chip that went in birdie coupled with 10 double bogeys. Went thru 7 balls.

Went out today and shot 68 with an old 2015 pro v1 x-out in 20+ winds. By myself. Hit 14 greens.

jonj101
Started taking lessons from a guy in May. Completely changing my abomination of a swing and its for the better, however the past few weeks the swing I'm trying to get away from has come back with a vengeance (over the top, lunging at the ball, little actual turn or weight distribution).

So this past week I played Wildcat Highlands, and was doing fairly decent on the back nine. I was pulling a couple of shots, but they were still salvageable so that I was hitting greens or close enough to get par. Get to 17 and I get a double bogey then finish with a par to give me 40 on the back. I'm a 16 handicap and I've never broken 40.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Golf is a complicated game.

Played a tournament in Burnet over the weekend.

Course is set up as a 37-35 on the scorecard, and I had to start on 11 both days.

Had a forgettable "front" 9 (10-18). Couple of pars but a bunch of uggos. Made the turn with a 48.

I knew I was having a good "back" 9, but I didn't realize how good it was until I turned in my card and saw I dropped a 2 over 39.

First time breaking 40 on nine holes. I didn't win my flight though.
tandy miller
AG
jonj101 said:

Started taking lessons from a guy in May. Completely changing my abomination of a swing and its for the better, however the past few weeks the swing I'm trying to get away from has come back with a vengeance (over the top, lunging at the ball, little actual turn or weight distribution).

So this past week I played Wildcat Highlands, and was doing fairly decent on the back nine. I was pulling a couple of shots, but they were still salvageable so that I was hitting greens or close enough to get par. Get to 17 and I get a double bogey then finish with a par to give me 40 on the back. I'm a 16 handicap and I've never broken 40.

A 40 at wildcat would be better than that most places... #17 in particular is tough if I'm thinking of the right hole
FJB
Icecream_Ag
S
I shot 49-39 on Sunday at Houston National. Front 9 hit 1 fairway, 0 greens, and 1 OOB.
jonj101
For my game that is definitely a good round, and I'm happy to appear to be making progress. Its just that I came so close to a milestone, plus the way I am I have no idea how fast the improvements will stick around.

Also the guy I have been working with is Richard Brown - I think you mentioned you took a few lessons from him?
tandy miller
AG
Yes, over at quail valley? He's good
FJB
AustinCountyAg
Played pine Dunes on Saturday. Started four over on the front nine. I was solid off the tee and solid with approach shots giving myself multiple birdie chances. Thirteen over on the back. Sllloowww groups in front got me out of my groove and killed my swing and everything I had going. It was a grind just to make a bogey. **** golf
Post removed:
by user
t - cam
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Played pine Dunes on Saturday. Started four over on the front nine. I was solid off the tee and solid with approach shots giving myself multiple birdie chances. Thirteen over on the back. Sllloowww groups in front got me out of my groove and killed my swing and everything I had going. It was a grind just to make a bogey. **** golf

So do slow groups make you pissed our what? Not sure why playing slow ruins so many rounds.

That said I have little kids and thus like my golf to take forever.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Harder to keep your swing in a nice rhythm. You're clicking along then suddenly you have to wait 20 minutes between shots. It's almost as if you need a half dozen range balls to get loose again before hitting your shot. That's how it feels for me, anyway.
AustinCountyAg
t - cam said:

AustinCountyAg said:

So do slow groups make you pissed our what? Not sure why playing slow ruins so many rounds.

That said I have little kids and thus like my golf to take forever.
Sooper nailed it. It completely gets me out of my groove. I was handling it "okay" for this first thirty minutes or so, and then I completely just lost it. Waiting fifteen minutes between shots and having to watch the groups in front of me duff shots, and then take ten minutes between the duffs as they look for their balls, OR watch them drop another ball after their duffs completely got in my head.

Golf is already frustrating enough. another layer of the puzzle was that I teed off at 3 so I was already fighting daylight and wanted to hurry to make sure I got all 18 in. (which I didn't, because I had to skip a hole in order to get around the slow pokes).

**** golf, and **** players who have no common sense to let groups through, or to hurry the **** up
jgh85Ag
AG
Lost my range finder at Fossil Creek. Either dropped it transferring it and a towel into the cart or it was stolen out of the cart while I was on the range. So f the ******* who found it and did not turn it in or f the ******* who stole it. Other than that, I enjoyed Fossil Creek.
khaos288
AG
jgh85Ag said:

Lost my range finder at Fossil Creek. Either dropped it transferring it and a towel into the cart or it was stolen out of the cart while I was on the range. So f the ******* who found it and did not turn it in or f the ******* who stole it. Other than that, I enjoyed Fossil Creek.
Got one for sale if you want a Bushnell Medallist!
jgh85Ag
AG
I think I am just going to stick with grint yardage for now.
dc509
AG
Played Golf Club of Dallas Saturday, and shot 99. Worst round in quite awhile I could not put two quality shots together. If I was in the fairway I would do something like blade an approach shot. If my approach shot was on then I was going to miss a putt that was longer than about an inch. F. Very frustrating day. Had remind myself that if I'm playing golf it's an overall good day.
tandy miller
AG
Tied my PB of 90 yesterday with 2 triples. Went back in the afternoon and replayed the holes I tripled... parred both. Could have been a ball down 84. What a strange game.

FJB
Yesterday
AG
38/45. Something about getting food at the turn that just screws with your mind.
khaos288
AG
Quit playing for 8 weeks bc of a back injury, and slowly coming back over the past two weeks. Was feeling good after hitting +1 on the nine hole course.

+30 at river chase today. Worst score in over 18 months. With a birdie. It was the weirdest round of golf. Half my shots were solid, but the other half were so bad they'd cost me two more strokes. It was awful. I feel like I currently have 0 shots.

Driver? Nope.
Woods? Nope.
Long irons? Nope.
Mid irons? Best shots, still nope.
Scoring clubs? Garbage.
Putter? Decent.
khaos288
AG
49/39 today

Golf Jesus will not let me just snap these ****ers in half and start biking

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.