F GOLF

168,445 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Played briarcrest twice this week. Played 18 wednesday and quit keeping score after whole 10.

Maybe next time, just the tip.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Maximus Johnson
AG
Shot a 39 on the front yesterday with 4 birdies. Proceeded to shoot a 51 on the back with (4) 3 putts.
FGOLF
clobby
AG
First round in a month or so that I felt like I was hitting the ball well but had a few blow up holes that wrecked my score (adjusted 96). Its frustrating because I don't capitalize on my birdie and par opportunities as much as I would like.

f golf.
agracer
AG
Bad Poster said:

agsalaska said:

So as I have said many times I have basically quit golf in the last 18 months. I went from 50-60 scored rounds a year to 12 last year.

I promised myself I would not do that again. 2022 we are gojng to pick it back up. At least twice a month.

Played two days in a row

Day one, shot 40-32-72. Par is 35-36-71.

The front nine ended with a double bogey from a pin high just off the green birdie chip that I completely flubbed. Then three putted for a six. But that's ok. Agsalaska hasn't played much lately and that's going to happen. But the back nine was almost perfect golf. Hit seven greens and the other two were just an inch onto the fringe inside 15 feet, one of which I made. My longest birdie putt was 20 feet and my longest par putt was about five inches. Five pars four birdies and two hard luck lip outs on two of those pars.

Must play the next day right, right??

Day two, 45-39-84 different course par 72

a ****ing mother****ing 45. By my calculations that is five shots worse than my front nine the day before and 13 shots worse than the previous nine. It started out good too. I was 40 yards out for eagle on par 5 1st hole when, in my down swing, a loud BANG came from a house they are building on the hole and I bladed the 60 over the green. Made bogey but thats ok. Par 2, Par 3, Par 4. Yes. Yes. We are back. Oh no you are not back you dimwitted mother****er!!! Finished the side bogey-bogey-bogey-quad-bogey(three putt from ten feet). 45.

I did settle down and shoot 39 with six pars and three bogeys on the back. But man.

F golf. I hope it is cold and raining and windy the next time I get a chance to play. Maybe even snow.

Id give my left nut to be able to shoot in the high 70's or conisistently shoot in the low 80's every day
Exactly, AgsAlaska should not be allowed to post on this thread....
Shelton98
AG
Shallowminded14 said:

Shot a 39 on the front yesterday with 4 birdies. Proceeded to shoot a 51 on the back with (4) 3 putts.
FGOLF
This is what F GOLF is all about.
agsalaska
Rusty GCS
AG
Range was closed to mow so I grabbed a cart and played 6 holes.

5 GIR. 6 pars. Birdie rolls from 8', 12', 20', 30' & 35'. The chip was 30' to pin short sided but nuzzled it up 2" from the pin.

What the actual ****. I would be even par through 6 when I don't have time to finish the round.
AggieDruggist89
rononeill
42/49; 3 doubles, 6 pars/6 doubles, bogey, and a par. Ugh.
Gladiator 96
AG
This kid may bless this thread for years to come

agsalaska
AG
That is outstanding.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Rusty GCS
AG
Had time for 9 yesterday. Played the front. 5 over thru 5 then pulled it together for a 41.

Had time for the back 9 today. Was +2 on 18 box. 18 is a Par 5 so should be a par. I really wanted that 38 to combine with the 41 for a 79. It's not actually breaking 80 but mentally would have meant a lot to me playing the course under 80 even if splitting the round over 2 days.

Drive in the FW leaving me 240 with wind in my face (green is protected by water short and right). I had the 3W pulled then decided to play smart. Grabbed 7i and set it in FW leaving me 65. My favorite distance. Just an easy 3/4 58 and 2 putt for par.

Chunked the wedge into the water. Took my drop and pitched up, and 2 putted for a double bogey and a 40.

**** golf.
agsalaska
AG
Never try to play smart. It always ends up on the F golf thread.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Shelton98
AG
I had a decent round going yesterday, 5 over through 10... and then commenced to hit it OB on a 120 yd vanilla par 3 with a gap wedge in my hand. Carded an 89.

F golf.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Rusty GCS said:

Had time for 9 yesterday. Played the front. 5 over thru 5 then pulled it together for a 41.

Had time for the back 9 today. Was +2 on 18 box. 18 is a Par 5 so should be a par. I really wanted that 38 to combine with the 41 for a 79. It's not actually breaking 80 but mentally would have meant a lot to me playing the course under 80 even if splitting the round over 2 days.

Drive in the FW leaving me 240 with wind in my face (green is protected by water short and right). I had the 3W pulled then decided to play smart. Grabbed 7i and set it in FW leaving me 65. My favorite distance. Just an easy 3/4 58 and 2 putt for par.

Chunked the wedge into the water. Took my drop and pitched up, and 2 putted for a double bogey and a 40.

**** golf.

I don't know man... 2 day split 79 may mentally handicap you in a worse way.
Rusty GCS
AG
Shelton98 said:

I had a decent round going yesterday, 5 over through 10... and then commenced to hit it OB on a 120 yd vanilla par 3 with a gap wedge in my hand. Carded an 89.

F golf.

Hole 2 at my local course plays 145-150 typically depending on where the markers are. Seems like an easy wedge or 9i. But the green is small and anything off the green to the right slopes to OB. The road is in play but right of the road is OB. Left of the green slopes to water. You have a small green and maybe 3 yards left or 5 yards right to not hit into hazard.

At this point my best options would be lay up with a 54 or just drop my ball in front of the water playing 3 instead of losing a ball.

Rusty GCS
AG
I was +29 through 17 today when my phone fell between cart and seat and was crushed when my playing partner sat in the cart.

4 times OB. 2 in water. Multiple 3 putts. Broken phone.

Not sure it gets much worse than that. Had to leave the coursed before finishing 18 to get to phone store before they closed.
AggieDruggist89
agsalaska
AG
At least you broke 100
HoustonAg12
AG
This one stings.

I am typically a mid 80s golfer. Played River Pointe today. Not the best course but decent. Shot an 80 there the last time I played.

Anyways, My brother in law, a former college baseball player, just picked up golf in February. Has been talking a lot of smack saying he is going to beat me when we get a chance to play. Haha yea right.

He finally fly's in and we play today. I am leading by 4 through 7 holes. Then I absolutely fall a part.

Ended up shooting a 99 in the worst round I have played in a decade while he proceeds to shoot an 94.

F Golf
Pooh Ah
AG
agsalaska said:

There. I feel better now.

Robin Williams on Golf - NSFW
DannyDuberstein
AG
Checking to see if Scott Piercy has posted yet
Tx_Aggie15
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Checking to see if Scott Piercy has posted yet
DannyDuberstein
AG
When they showed his scorecard, it had so many boxes that I thought it was an Austin homeless camp
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I gotta start showing up to the course a little earlier.

Shot an 84 yesterday… 45-39 including a double and a triple on the front due to showing up 5 mins before tee time.
lazuras_dc
AG
On my quest to break 80
Two rounds ago
41-47 wtf

Last round
40 on the front. Start off birdie par par par on back… then triple double par single single

highvelocity
AG
shot an 83 on thursday and broke 90 for the first time and bagged my first eagle.

played the same course on saturday and shot a 91 with 2 triples. apparently i forgot my short game at home during this round.

Poot
This was one of the more predictable visits to the F Golf thread in quite a while... Golf, doing it's thing.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I waited about a month to post...

Lost my 2nd round of match play 1 down.

Played a 10 handicapper who makes a bunch of pars with a few blow up holes.

I had to spot him 4 per side. Basically he got a stroke every other hole.

This loss spiraled me into a month long slump of not being able to break 80....

Im finally getting out of this slump.

F GOLF...
AgfromHOU
AG
Found this today on my 4 iron when I went to clean my clubs. Just got these in January as a treat yo self gift, and probably going to be done with TaylorMade (I did file a warranty claim).

TecRecAg
AG
Just complain til they give you 790s
AgfromHOU
AG
I hope so, but they'll probably send me stealths (which I don't want).

I wonder if they'll send me P790's if I ask nice enough. If they send Stealths, or don't do anything, I'll probably just trade them in and get fitted.
agsalaska
AG
lazuras_dc said:

On my quest to break 80
Two rounds ago
41-47 wtf

Last round
40 on the front. Start off birdie par par par on back… then triple double par single single

If you would have birdies out you would have had it.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Thought I was playing good golf... Doing well on points game and still in our match play championship.

Club championship this weekend... Thought I had a good chance...

83-83 including a triple and a quadruple.

F GOLF!

Saw my playing partner six putt today..

I did win my flight. I suck.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Danny Willett just 3 putted from 3.5' so pretty sure he's hating golf at this moment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.