F GOLF

168,468 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Way. Told him I was interested in graphite because of some wrist and forearm sourness. I kid you not, he practically took the club out of my hand and told me to stop before I caused permanent damage.
Mr.Bond
AG
Permanent damage to yourself or the equipment
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Way. Told him I was interested in graphite because of some wrist and forearm sourness. I kid you not, he practically took the club out of my hand and told me to stop before I caused permanent damage.

Hopefully you didn't believe the dumbass at Dick's
Philip J Fry
AG
Who knows. It was a bizzare experience.
Mr.Bond
AG
If he were talking to me and insinuating that I should quit the game...... I'd either be getting a **** load of store credit from management or he would be unemployed
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

t - cam
AG
tandy miller said:

**** this stupid ****ing game. 96 from the whites at sienna. Seriously I don't even know why I bother. I'm not any good. In fact I suck. Why anyone plays with me i dont know. All of a sudden Ive lost about 30 yards with every club in my ****ing bag. Hell I was 35 yards short on a 140 yard par 3 with a SEVEN iron. What the hell?! Seriously ready to give up. I really don't know why I do this to myself.

I did putt well today though

You have represented this thread well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Have any of y'all pursued legitimate lessons?

khaos288
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I got a lesson pack last year. Before that I was playing drink on a golf course. Now I will occasionally send in for a video lesson if something gets really wonky but I like working it out myself usually.
Mr.Bond
AG
Everyone has their own approach. The second my game starts going in the wrong direction, I attempt a self fix. If that doesn't work I go see my swing Dalai lama

Philip J Fry
AG
khaos288 said:

Mr.Bond said:

I got a lesson pack last year. Before that I was playing drink on a golf course. Now I will occasionally send in for a video lesson if something gets really wonky but I like working it out myself usually.

I just wildly change my mechanics until I hit a shot that looks good.
t - cam
AG
Philip J Fry said:

khaos288 said:

Mr.Bond said:

I just wildly change my mechanics until I hit a shot that looks good.

I'm like you. I try a bunch of stupid shots till one works and accidentally goes well then I repeat that and work backwards towards my normal swing.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I had never had a lesson until a year or so ago, and tried http://zachallengolf.com/online-lessons/ I personally like this method of instruction better than hitting balls on a range with someone standing over me. Also, the price is ridiculously cheap, IMHO and I respond well to the video analysis side by side with a player he is trying to showcase for the fix or suggestion.

I have had a total of 3 lessons in a 6 month period and my hdcp went from 1 to +1, which is huge. There weren't too many drastic changes, but it just got me understanding what I was doing and now I am in a better position at address and my overall swing has eliminated the left side of the course. Results don't lie.

...and he has a pretty decent resume too:

Quote:

Zach Allen is a PGA-certified golf instructor. He was voted the Southern California PGA's Teacher of the Year. Golf Digest recognized Zach as one of the Best Young Teachers in America. And GolfTips Magazine named him a Top 25 Golf Instructor.

agsalaska
AG
Mr.Bond said:

After a couple of years of struggling I finally broke down and went to Golf Tech. I really don't think just one lesson will do much. I think if you are going to get lessons, no matter who you choose to go to, you need to go at least five times over eight weeks and commit yourself to the range.

I went specifically for irons. I just wasn't consistent enough with my irons to score like I used too. And to be honest I am still not where I was but it is not because I cant hit an iron. I am hitting them better than I have in years. Now all of a sudden I cant ****ing putt.
Mr.Bond
AG
agsalaska said:

Mr.Bond said:

After a couple of years of struggling I finally broke down and went to Golf Tech. I really don't think just one lesson will do much. I think if you are going to get lessons, no matter who you choose to go to, you need to go at least five times over eight weeks and commit yourself to the range.

I went specifically for irons. I just wasn't consistent enough with my irons to score like I used too. And to be honest I am still not where I was but it is not because I cant hit an iron. I am hitting them better than I have in years. Now all of a sudden I cant ****ing putt.
Not really sure why the emoticon......However thats why i stated "lessons" not lesson. When pursuing any type of consistency you must put in the effort of practice and learning. I highly recommend multiple lessons

agsalaska
AG
The emoticon was a complete accident
Mr.Bond
shaynew1
AG
Shoot 39 42 in a skins game. Press some bets for another 9. Shoot 35 w a triple.

F golf.
AggieKatie2
AG
Playing so bad right now I even dream about playing bad and breaking down in front of my old coach about how can someone with so much experience play so poorly.
tandy miller
AG
Won a 2 man 9 hole scramble this evening. 11 of my shots, 6 of my partners (not including putts).

First career win haha

Hit this from 120 out on #9

jj9000
AG
Get that mess out of here!!

This is the F Golf thread...not the look at my badass round thread.

This thread is reserved for pain...anger...and internal destruction.
tandy miller
AG
jj9000 said:

Get that mess out of here!!

This is the F Golf thread...not the look at my badass round thread.

This thread is reserved for pain...anger...and internal destruction.

I can do that too.

Quote:

tandy miller said:
**** this stupid ****ing game. 96 from the whites at sienna. Seriously I don't even know why I bother. I'm not any good. In fact I suck. Why anyone plays with me i dont know. All of a sudden Ive lost about 30 yards with every club in my ****ing bag. Hell I was 35 yards short on a 140 yard par 3 with a SEVEN iron. What the hell?! Seriously ready to give up. I really don't know why I do this to myself.

I did putt well today though
agsalaska
DannyDuberstein
AG
Charles Barkley, whose swing is/was the F golf of all F golfs, is now hitting full swings cross-handed. Which while it isn't pretty, is a vast improvement vs his old hitch.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/885938874169602048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-40284979452514510396.ampproject.net%2F1499807487098%2Fframe.html
t - cam
AG
It would suck to love the game as much as he does and have that huge of a mental block getting in the way.
khaos288
AG
Been playing my best golf lately and today went out and got stuck behind the slowest dbags of my life. Never got in a rhythm. Shanked several balls and hit 4 doubles
agsalaska
AG
Tripled number 3 last Sunday, then played the last 15 holes +1 for a 74 at Ridgewood in Waco. Shoot +1 73 this week in Killeen with 31 putts. I'm E thru 8 today at Berry Creek in Georgetown. I proceed to Double 9 with a wedge in my hand, 3 jack 10 and 11, get stymied behind a tree on 13 after what I thought was a good drive and bogey, 3 putt par 14 after driving the green. It was then that I found out putters don't react well when thrown at iron fences. Then with a borrowed putter I 3 jack 17. That's after missing a 4 footer for par on 16. Shot 79.

I play 41 holes two over without really making any putts. Then play the last 10 today 7 over. F golf
clintaggie04
AG
Shot 39 on the front at the Gaylord Springs course in Nashville. Make the turn to find 3 4somes stacked on 10 tee.

F resort golf courses.
shaynew1
AG
make a bunch of bets yesterday and shoot 35...46! f golf.
tandy miller
AG
Quote:

I play 41 holes two over
Holy ***** Thats what I play 1 hole
CapCityAg89
AG
Back in Austin this weekend. I've lived in Tacoma for 3 years and golf on a Texas afternoon is really hard. Playing Jimmy Clay, shot front nine 43 with a triple on the island green 6th. Then made the turn and melted. I left a 40 foot birdie on 9 an inch short and tapped in to save 49. F 100 degree golf.
AggieIce
AG
Started Birdie-Birdie-Birdie

Ended up +4
khaos288
AG
The famous four letter word strikes again.

38 on the front 9, with a bogie on the easiest par 5 9th. Then we got stuck behind the most rude twosome ever. Driving on the green. Writing down scores and bull****ting while we waited in the fairway.

It through me off enough to bogie 8 in a row and shoot 81.

New putter seems legit though.
t - cam
AG
AggieIce said:

Ended up +4

Oh heavens!!
Poot
t - cam said:

AggieIce said:

Ended up +4

Oh heavens!!

Just goes to show you what sloot golf is... We can all F it from any number of angles.
AggieIce
AG
Poot said:

t - cam said:

AggieIce said:

Ended up +4

Oh heavens!!

Just goes to show you what sloot golf is... We can all F it from any number of angles.

I know, it is pretty ridiculous to gripe about a 76, it was actually a pretty special round overall.

But I cost myself at least 4 strokes with two absolute hosels (one into the deep woods, leading to a triple from 98 yards out) and that just left a poor taste in my mouth

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.