F GOLF

168,433 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every time I am having a good time golfing something goes wrong.

I finally figured out a fix for closing my club face at impact and creating a hard pull (flexing left elbow towards the target). I am hitting awesome irons and even hit a par four drive to maybe 10 yards shy of the green dead center of the fairway.

I hosel rocket a pitching wedge chip and miss the *********green from 30 ft. I thin the next chip by rushing through, and an eagle look turned to a bogie.

F golf.
AggieKatie2
AG
I'm done with trying to play competitively. I just don't have the nerves for it. I'm a 9.4 handicap. Play a qualifier today and shoot a whopping 103.....only putt 27 times.

F Golf
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

I'm done with trying to play competitively. I just don't have the nerves for it. I'm a 9.4 handicap. Play a qualifier today and shoot a whopping 103.....only putt 27 times.

F Golf

No offense but u should hit your handicap about 1/5 times
Qualifiers for mid-am /city ams usually take 75 to get in

You would probably have a 1/50 shot of hitting that in a tourney as a 9.4
I'm a 3 and I'm 1/5 in qualifiers or right about my average.

Just need to be more realistic and get your handicap down to 2-5 and play more tourneys
Nerves don't go away but you learn to deal with them better.

AggieKatie2
AG
To add to my frustration....

I play a quick 6 holes before picking up my kiddo with no warmup.....even through 6 (4 pars, 1 bogey, 1 birdie)

F golf
khaos288
AG
Tried to play 9 after work. Of the first 15 full strokes 11 pure shanks. No idea wtf
tandy miller
AG
I lost 14 balls on the lakes course at wildcat today. Started 2 over through 6, then the wheels came flying off. Hit 3 in the water on the par 3 7th, followed by 4 more on the 8th. Couldn't hit my driver or irons worth a ****. Told myself mid round I was quitting until thanksgiving....

Then chipped in on 14, and made about a 35 footer on 17

Got home and booked a tee time for in the morning
Aggie369
agsalaska
AG
When I saw there was a new post on this thread I was expecting it to be from cmarkmat.
dc509
AG
My driver has become useless. A recently as a month ago I was killing off the tee. The last 3 or 4 rounds of I've been spraying it all over the place. If there are groups of trees it's almost a given that second shot will be in the shade. The one decent drive I've had was on #18 on the Highlands at Tenison Park, and it kicked off of something in the fairway and ends up in the trees on the right. The title of this thread immediately came out of my mouth.
khaos288
AG
Had a decent round going yesterday then on 15th tee box I decide to play it smart and hit a 5 iron off the tee bc I had been smashing irons all day. I shank it and don't even make it to the fairway and proceed to double bogey twice before the round ended.
Mr.Bond
AG
Y'all are lucky to even be playing. Courses where I live are under 5 ft of water
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Poot
Bond,

Timber Creek came to mind looking at the flooding... are my concerns justified?
07fta07
AG
Poot said:

Bond,

Likely very wet there.
Mr.Bond
AG
Poot said:

Bond,

Dixie Farm is under water
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tandy miller
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Y'all are lucky to even be playing. Courses where I live are under 5 ft of water

Preach
viper14
AG
Played Riverchase on saturday, first 7 were in light rain shot 40 on the front...boy when the sun came out my game went sh/t...I am not a fan of 10 or 17...lost two each on those two holes and couldnt get it together...ended up with 94

F GOLF!

Playing again on labor day though
khaos288
AG
viper14 said:

Played Riverchase on saturday, first 7 were in light rain shot 40 on the front...boy when the sun came out my game went sh/t...I am not a fan of 10 or 17...lost two each on those two holes and couldnt get it together...ended up with 94

F GOLF!

Playing again on labor day though
no matter how much of a fade I put on my driver on 10, it always seems to land on that hill.
Zjones920
I love this game. Just when you are going a long thinking everything is great. BOOM! Out comes a score that makes you want to quit the game. Nothing but the driver was working on Friday, I never felt comfortable over the ball all day, and that's not a feeling I've had in a long long time.

BOOM

07fta07
AG
That beats the hell out of
Boom
10' under water
Zjones920
No doubt about that.
AggieIce
AG
Which is worse:

Topping your drive 45 yds on an "easy" Par 5 and making par OR three-putting a Par 5 for par

Both happened yesterday
khaos288
AG
AggieIce said:

Which is worse:

Topping your drive 45 yds on an "easy" Par 5 and making par OR three-putting a Par 5 for par

Both happened yesterday
I wish my "which is worse" scenarios were both pars...
tandy miller
AG
My favorite course is ****ed. RIP sienna plantation
viper14
AG
I did this on hole 11 at Riverchase...booming drive, 4 iron in, 3 putts for PAR

Chipotlemonger
AG
3-putt Par is way worse than the other scenario.
Shaggie 05
AG
Did this as well Saturday at Twin Creeks #4... Big drive, 5 iron, 3 putt. The third putt being from about 2 feet, and at the end of the round was the difference between a new personal best (E) and tying old personal best (+1)
t - cam
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

3 putt par sucks but hitting the ball poorly is worse in my opinion at least for my round enjoyment.
khaos288
AG
Here's a better which is worse.

On a long par three dunking one in the water. Then on your second off the tee leaving it just off th green with a quality shot, then a quality chip and a tap in for double bogie.

Or

Some ass hole on Texags asks if you pull with your left hand or push with your right. Then you take 9 holes to get that thought out of your head and hit about +15.
jj9000
AG
Fair question!!

You really need to think about if you inhale or exhale during your takeaway.
jgh85Ag
AG
Try 4 putting from 30 feet on a par 3 for double bogey. That was a f golf moment a few months back. But, i still beat TFS that day.
DannyDuberstein
AG
t - cam said:

Chipotlemonger said:

3 putt par sucks but hitting the ball poorly is worse in my opinion at least for my round enjoyment.

I'm with you on this. 3-jacks suck but happen to the best of players. But ****-ass ballstriking, especially something like a topped shot, makes me want to punt a litter of puppies.
Shaggie 05
AG
Exactly one week after tying my personal best, I shot the worst score I've had in years. Had to be all the burnt orange and logos everywhere as I played UT Golf Club.
AustinCountyAg
played my first round in about 3 weeks this past weekend at Kizer. 12 over on the front nine. 6 over on the back. All the while I shanked every single tee ball on the par 3's. The worst round I've had in regards to ball striking in a while.

It did drill home to me though that putting can save your ass. I made several 5ft plus putts for par saves. Thank God.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Idk just make your putt?
khaos288
AG
Just F it.

Played so strong with my irons all week at the short course and today couldn't buy an iron shot. Tripled the first hole with two shanks. Then never improved.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.