F GOLF

168,473 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
My ball-striking is the best it's ever been. I gave up on my driver because I'm hitting my long irons so consistently.

I can hit my 3-iron 230 off of the tee and I'm nutting it straight down the fairway every time.

I hit 7 out of 7 fairways on the front nine using my 3-iron and 5 out of 7 GIR's on those holes.

I also had two 4-putts and a 3-putt on those same holes.
Mwhaha had the exact opposite experience in the wet course yesterday. I hit a bunch of fairways but 2 GIRs all day (par 3s) 15 2 putts, 1 1 putt, and 2 3 putts. shot 100.
Yesterday
AG
quote:
My ball-striking is the best it's ever been. I gave up on my driver because I'm hitting my long irons so consistently.

I can hit my 3-iron 230 off of the tee and I'm nutting it straight down the fairway every time.

I hit 7 out of 7 fairways on the front nine using my 3-iron and 5 out of 7 GIR's on those holes.

Don't give up on the big dog. I did the same thing for a long time and it really hindered my game. One day you'll have a bad stretch of irons and then you'll really be putting up big numbers. 130 out is so much easier than 180. Keep grinding on that driver. You'll get it
agsalaska
AG
As I have posted on here several times I invested in a 15 lesson package at Golf Tec last winter. My game has been on a steady decline since moving back to Texas from Vegas in 2012. The only 2 things keeping me decent were my driver and my short game. BUt my irons and fairway woods had fallen apart. Golf Tec has worked wonders. I am a club longer with my irons and am just stroking it. Best contact I have made in years.

The problem is now all of a sudden I have completely lost my putter and to a certain extent my sand wedge. I hit 8 of 9 greens on the front yesterday and shot 39. I got up and down on the one I missed and had 4 3 putts including a 3 putt par from 15 feet on the first hole. I then proceed to 3 putt #10. After a wrist induced pull hook off the tee resulted in a double bogey on 14 /i sit 230 out a little into the breeze on the par 5 15th with a perfect lie. I am 6 over but birdie here and I may salvage a decent score. I proceed to get wristy again and absolutely smash an 80% 3-wood pin high 30 yards left of the green into the water. Bogey. Then, on the par 3 16, fighting my wrists to the death, I push my 3 iron OB. Stick the 2nd ball to ten feet and miss the putt. Double bogey.

So I play 14-16 +5, 3 holes I am probably even on in my last ten rounds. Turn in a birdie free 81.

And I lost $35 which I would have won most of back if I would have made the 8 foot birdie putt my playing partner and I completely misread on 18.

F Golf.
powerbelly
AG
I cant hit my driver to save my life right now. Shot 51-38. Only improved on the back because I was teeing off with my hybrid and putting lights out.

F golf.
Uncle Jimbo
Took 5 swings to get out of the greenside bunker. Would normally have just quit the hole and gone to the next one, but it was during league play so I was like Tin Cup out there trying to play it out.

F golf.
CapCityAg89
AG
I've said it before, but I LOVE this thread. Shot 83 last week with 34 putts. 94 this week with 41. F Golf.
07fta07
AG
Finally figuring out my new swing and putting together some great rounds the last few weeks. Course closed now for flooding. Having hand surgery next week. I'm out all of May. I'm not sure if that's F golf but it's F something.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Get well, man. Wouldn't call it F Golf, but definitely F injuries.
t - cam
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't give up on the big dog. I did the same thing for a long time and it really hindered my game. One day you'll have a bad stretch of irons and then you'll really be putting up big numbers. 130 out is so much easier than 180. Keep grinding on that driver. You'll get it

Agreed, the game is just to hard to be consistent having to hit long irons into most greens.
03_Aggie
Shot a 90 w/36 putts last Sunday. 29 putts today and came in with an.....89.

From good ball striking and bad putting to bad ball striking and good putting.
t - cam
AG
quote:

I'll take the bad putting round every day if I have to chose. I can have fun and feel decent if I put bad but strike it good. There is no fun in hitting it bad.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
quote:
Finally figuring out my new swing and putting together some great rounds the last few weeks. Course closed now for flooding. Having hand surgery next week. I'm out all of May. I'm not sure if that's F golf but it's F something.

The other hand.
Post removed:
by user
t - cam
AG
quote:
What's the catchall reason for a sudden, inexplicable chunking of iron shots with fat divots 3-6 inches behind the ball? Turned an 80s round into high 90s real quick.

F golf.

Coming in too steep. Flatten out your swing.
07fta07
AG
quote:
quote:
What's the catchall reason for a sudden, inexplicable chunking of iron shots with fat divots 3-6 inches behind the ball? Turned an 80s round into high 90s real quick.

F golf.

Or moving too much, or leaning back too much, or a whole lot of other things.
agsalaska
AG
F golf
t - cam
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

F golf.

Or moving too much, or leaning back too much, or a whole lot of other things.

Good point
agsalaska
AG
I am starting to get really tired of this Bull****. I was +5 on 18 which is reachable in 2 if you cut off the corner. It is downwind and I figure I need a birdie to shoot a net 73 which may pay. Nice quick wristed pullhook out of bounds. Shoot 79. Again. I guess it is better than the 81 last weekend.

I limited myself to 3 three putts. That's an improvement. Ugh.
AG Custom
AG
F Golf!
dodger02
AG
You're in my area. Where are you playing?
agsalaska
AG
Wildflower

You?
dodger02
AG
Mill Creek
agsalaska
AG
Is that the course in Salado that used to be 27 holes but flooded?

Do you ever make it up to Temple?
dodger02
AG
Yes. The original front nine ("Creek 1") is closed. The old back nine ("Creek 2") and newest nine ("Creek 3") are open. It plays at par 68 or 69.

I rarely get to Temple. Haven't played Wildflower in 10+ years.
CapCityAg89
AG
Bump for Martin Piller shooting +5 on Sunday to move to T41. Even par would've been a Top 15.
fireinthehole
Going out again today?
03_Aggie
quote:

And back to an 89 with 41 putts. F golf!
MikesFamousJava
AG
F F F F F F F! Anyone have a strong reccomendation for a coach
/instructor in Plano/north Dallas area? I'm to the point of either paying for some legit lessons or putting my Ping G20s up on Craigslist and looking for a new hobby.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bruce at Ridgeview Ranch is a nice guy, if you're really really lost then he's a great coach to get you back to fundamentals.
MikesFamousJava
AG
Thanks, I may look him up!
khaos288
AG
Mike Deaton at plantation is great for all levels. Ag and cool guy. 300 for 5 lessons
dodger02
AG
Played Apple Rock yesterday. I partnered on the back nine with Rex Norris - former DL coach and DC for Barry Switzer at OU. He also coached for Emory Bellard at A&M. His stories were the best part of my day.

36 putts. 6 fairways. Too many penalty strokes. I stopped counting - 90+?
boy09
AG
Played The Quarry yesterday. Hit 2 fairways.. 2.... I even left the driver in the bag and just tried to keep a hybrid somewhere in the fairway, couldn't even manage that. Still ended up shooting 84. It's really not too difficult of a course, especially if you can find the fairway.
bagger05
AG
Shot an 84 today.

One birdie, ten pars, four bogeys, two doubles, and a quintuple bogey.

Had a really nice round going and put two shots OB on #14.
DadAG10
quote:
Shot an 84 today.

One birdie, ten pars, four bogeys, two doubles, and a quintuple bogey.

Had a really nice round going and put two shots OB on #14.
Well at least tell us which course so we can feel your pain on 14.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.