F GOLF

168,502 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
85 Tuesday then this yesterday. Wind was blowing but that's no excuse. Lol **** golf

khaos288
AG
tandy miller said:

85 Tuesday then this yesterday. Wind was blowing but that's no excuse. Lol **** golf

What tee set was that from
tandy miller
AG
Whites.
khaos288
AG
tandy miller said:

Whites.

Thanks buddy
tandy miller
AG
Hey at least I was consistent!

Seriously though, I've had a sinus infection and felt like my balance was off yesterday. It was weird, couldn't get linked up and felt wobbly after I'd swing. Glad I made it through that round with no broken clubs
Yesterday
AG
Kudos for finishing. My really bad rounds end at hole 14 usually.
tandy miller
AG
Finished and posted the score to the grint. They can't all be good... But jesus, they shouldn't be THAT bad
jgh85Ag
AG
That score will be ignored anyway. Unless you turn in 10 higher.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
agsalaska
AG
Time for me to revisit this thread.

So you want an f golf? I got one for you. I have gone from a 0 to a 3.5 in 4 years. I fucling hate it. But gelt good today.

We are playing two different money games I won't get in to. But We will start with my eagle on 9 losing 20 bucks to an Albatross. Cool. Never seen one of those. We were right next to each other in the fairway and both hit identical balls into the green. We get up there and one ball is about 5 feet right of the hole and no other ball is present, except for the one in the hole. So I lose the hole two different ways.

Then I eagle 15. Cool. 2 eagles in one round.haven't done that since I can't remember.

18 we play in the dark and I have a five footer for birdie with about 100 on the line. I miss it right. I have missed more pitts from inside 6 feet in the last 3 months then missed in the prior five years.

So I shoot 75, with two eagles. Played the non par 5s 8 over. I basically throw away 2 eagles. And I ended up down 20 bucks.

Yesterday
AG
agsalaska said:

Time for me to revisit this thread.

So you want an f golf? I got one for you. I have gone from a 0 to a 3.5 in 4 years. I fucling hate it. But gelt good today.

We are playing two different money games I won't get in to. But We will start with my eagle on 9 losing 20 bucks to an Albatross. Cool. Never seen one of those. We were right next to each other in the fairway and both hit identical balls into the green. We get up there and one ball is about 5 feet right of the hole and no other ball is present, except for the one in the hole. So I lose the hole two different ways.

Then I eagle 15. Cool. 2 eagles in one round.haven't done that since I can't remember.

18 we play in the dark and I have a five footer for birdie with about 100 on the line. I miss it right. I have missed more pitts from inside 6 feet in the last 3 months then missed in the prior five years.

So I shoot 75, with two eagles. Played the non par 5s 8 over. I basically throw away 2 eagles. And I ended up down 20 bucks.

Two eagles and a 75? I'm failing to see the F part. Albatross over an Eagle is pretty nuts. I'd wager that no one on this board will ever see that again.
agsalaska
AG
Yea your exactly right. I make two eagles, shoot a pretty good score, and witness a double eagle. A memorable day for sure.

A few years ago at Grapevine, in the worst spring winds of the year, I played in a tournament with about 80 guys in 20 dollar skins. I eagle a par 4 and had it covered. I think thete was only one skins paid. I also, on the same day, lost a closest to the pin dead into the wind with a 150ish yard five iron to 6 inches. A 25 handicapped hit it to 4 inches.

I never thought that day would be beat but it was today.
khaos288
AG
Welp. I'm back in this thread. Had a couple nice rounds in a row and I'm about to start the back nine. I'm 25 over. I tin cupped a hole for a 15 after a few double bogies.

Literally don't have a swing. No driver. No woods. No irons. No chips. Not one decent putt. It was an entire round of shanks. I've got the tips with every club
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
khaos288 said:

Welp. I'm back in this thread. Had a couple nice rounds in a row and I'm about to start the back nine. I'm 25 over. I tin cupped a hole for a 15 after a few double bogies.

Literally don't have a swing. No driver. No woods. No irons. No chips. Not one decent putt. It was an entire round of shanks. I've got the tips with every club
Thoughts and prayers.

And, I mean that sincerely.
khaos288
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

khaos288 said:

Thoughts and prayers.

And, I mean that sincerely.

I hate this ****ing game. 57/42 for a 99. That's almost two strokes per hole better. Wtf
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
You and me both. Don't know why anyone bothers.

And yeah, I'm playing tomorrow.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I had seven 3-putts and one 4 putt today.

19AG84
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I had seven 3-putts and one 4 putt today.

Tennis....definitely tennis!
Aggie369
AG
I've never broke 70

Shot 71 today

Had a 3 putt, and was green side after my second shot on 3 of the 4 par 5s...NO BIRDIES on any of them. Missed a 6 footer on 18 and 4 other putts inside 15 feet. Close...but still frustrating. Not a humble brag... this why the game is so great...it cant be won...it can't be beat.

Son #2 is due in 5 days so at least I get to sit on a 71 till I can get out and play again
DadAG10
Sat. Dec 9th - 107 - highest round of year

Sta. Dec 16th - 81 - lowest round of year.

It all makes sense.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Played two rounds after not playing for over a year.84,80. Having my torn meniscus repaired on the 28th..F golf.
khaos288
AG
**** this ****ing game.

After warming up my **** was unstoppable and then I caught the slowest three groups of all time on number three. 2 of my three bogies were 4 foot putts I missed after waiting 20 minutes to play the hole.

agsalaska
AG
Ah yes. Lake Park. Took my little ones there for their first golf experiences a few years back. Fun place.

Worst mosquitos in DFW
khaos288
AG
agsalaska said:

Ah yes. Lake Park. Took my little ones there for their first golf experiences a few years back. Fun place.

Worst mosquitos in DFW

It has helped my iron game a ton, but I will be dying of west nile soon.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Went +4 on 15,16, and 17. Shot 80. 16 was a 3-putt bogey...only 3-putt of the day.

F this S
AustinCountyAg
Played Wolfdancer yesterday in the British like weather. Never got above 50 degrees and never saw the sun but it was surprisingly pretty comfortable. It was only my second round since my wife had our twins last month. Needless to say my expectations weren't very high.... had a couple birdies, had a few pars, and hit a few ******.

Great day out on the course away from my screaming babies for a few hours.
rononeill
42/55 on Saturday, 59/41 on Tuesday
khaos288
AG
I'm backkkkkk

**** this ****ing game. Great striking and putting for 8 holes. Then instead of playing smart I smash the driver away...into the trees. A long punch out is ok but still 180 to the flag on a par 4. At this point I completely lose focus and hit a bad 6 iron, a bad chip, and a frustrated chip bc I didn't want to go back to the cart for a club. Finished with good putting and a 7. Second worst score was a bogie all day.

**** it. Be better *******.
Aggie369
AG
Been playing best golf of my life...8 of my last 10 rounds have been in the 70s and i haven't been practicing much. Shot 71 a few weeks ago before we welcomed our 2nd baby boy

Go out yesterday and play with my buddy and his 3 friends (all professional golfers)

I come in thinking I can hang with these guys and if I play well maybe I beat one of them

Welp....I couldn't keep the ball on the planet for first 13 holes....pressing, trying to play well instead of just playing....a little uneasy being only non pro in the group playing a new course for first time....

This game shows you exactly who you are that day...no one else to pick up your slack

F this game....and f me for loving it. Back to the course next week to go play to get my mind right
khaos288
AG
It's me again Golf gods.

Send me adderall please. When I focus and hit the shot after setting everything up, my success rate is very high. If I lose focus and feel put a shot without the right set up it's almoat guaranteed failure.

But I can't escape it.

Rare to see one of these posts after the range
PedroJack07
AG
Took a triple on a par 5 18th to shoot 78
se vis pacem.... paratus bellum
agsalaska
AG
PedroJack07 said:

Took a triple on a par 5 18th to shoot 78
Damn. Make birdie there it's a 74.

Sorry. Just addding to the misery
shaynew1
AG
Today I birdied 15, 16, and 18 coming in.

But tripled 17.

Four birdies, four lost balls, and three three-putts for an 82.
Yesterday
AG
Put up a monster 95 today! A 1.45 handicap putting up a 95 and that was after shaving 7 strokes off the back nine compared to the front. Nothing worked at all! The only two times I put together two good shots to putt for birdie I managed to three putt both!

I average about one "why do I even bother" rounds a year and I'm hoping this is the only one!

F Golf!
jj9000
AG
Early morning tee time at Firewheel Lakes.

Cold...check
Wind...check
Rain...check

Rolling along through the elements...finish 15 at 4 over on the round.

Get to 16 and cold top my Drive. Take a 5 iron and straight up block the next shot over onto the 17th tee box. Take a 58* and hit a perfect pitch...until it hits a branch and falls straght down. Skull the next chip. 2 putt for Double.

Get to 17...straight into the wind...most difficult hole on that course. Stress free Par.

Roll up to 18. Hook the ever loving bajeezus out of a 4 iron into the creek. Punch out from creek. Got me a big taste of some chunky love with a 9 iron approach...left it 20 yards short. Pull a 54* because I hadn't had enough chunky love. Proceeded to chunck it again. Pull a PW and stop it 20 feet past the hole. Sunk the putt for an extra salty Triple.

1-15 - 4 over
16 and 18 - 5 over

Sometimes I hate this game!!

khaos288
AG
Imagine this...it's 39 degrees out. You're dressed for 55. You start the day with a double, double, triple, +6. Your hands hurt from the cold, and you almost pack it in. You say screw it you want your 57$ worth.

The last 6 holes you go par, par, tap in bogie, par, par, nice 6 footer on 18 for bogie on a hole that included a 194 yard 7 wood stuck on the green.

Are you mad that you went 54/41?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.