F GOLF

168,475 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
shaynew1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Played today. Missed three greens for a birdie, three bogeys, and an eleven. I also put three balls in the water on one hole. But the frustrating part is I miss 4 birdie putts inside ten feet.

Fffff putting.
jj9000
AG
2 snap hooks in the water on Front 9
5 shots to get out of 4 bunkers on Front 9
Cozied up to a nice...solid...mother fricking 47 on the Front

All Pars and 2 Bogies on the back...37

47-37 split.

F-Mother Fricking Golf!!!

Yesterday
AG
Better than 37/47
Post removed:
by user
AustinCountyAg
Played Moody Gardens today with the wind a constant 25 mph all day. It was brutal both playing into and with the wind. More so with the wind on approach shots. Five over on the front and ten over on the back for a commanding 88. At the turn I was thinking I was going to shoot the round of my life especially considering the conditions, and then boom. Eight straight bogeys on the back capped off with a double to end the day. F golf
khaos288
AG
Another F golf day.

2nd worst round in 12 months. The driver was working better than ever, and that was the only thing that worked.

The nine hole course I've been practicing at has very slow greens, and all that practice didn't translate at all when I got on these bad boys. Hit 39 putts, a 7 month high. All my sweet iron game practice completely died on the 18 hole course. I was hitting thins and hooks all day long. I came home and got on the sim and it took me almost an hour of banging balls into the net to figure out where my latest swing flaw came from.

Fortunately, after much frustration, a weaker right hand grip, and a little more hitting down on the ball, I was hitting the square on the face, and in a good path again.

But how the eff to groove a swing so well on the short course all week long, only to completely fail with it on saturday....very frustrating.
t - cam
AG
I didn't have to f golf today. Hadn't played in like 10 months so was thrilled with an 81 with no penalties and a few missed short puts. Could have easily been a 76/77. Felt great with how I hit it.

Yeah golf.
khaos288
AG
I have officially forgotten how to play golf.

The nine hole course I normally practice on today and shoot anywhere from +4 to about +10 I played and shot +17. And it was only the fact I made a ton of one putts that it wasn't worse.

I'm officially abandoning trying shape a draw out of my irons. I'm going back to the basic boring short swing I played with last year. **** it. I just wanted to to have fun again, and that other crap is creating so many mi****s.
Aggie1391
38 putts today. 2 rounds in a row with over 36 putts. Spending an hour on the putting green tomorrow.

On a side note, guy in my group had a hole in one today. First time I've had one in my group. Didn't see it go in though unfortunately
Post removed:
by user
dc509
AG
109 today at River Crest. My last three rounds have been complete garbage.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
85 at Fossil Creek yesterday. Would have been a 75 had I shown up with anything that resembled a putter. Hit some incredible recovery shots, good everywhere else. Absolute dog **** once I got on the green.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

85 at Fossil Creek yesterday. Would have been a 75 had I shown up with anything that resembled a putter. Hit some incredible recovery shots, good everywhere else. Absolute dog **** once I got on the green.

Is that hyperbole or did you really hit 10 more putts over the round than normal?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
It's hyperbole for sure. Honestly, I'd say I left 6-7 strokes on the green yesterday. Not really sure though. I'd rather not relive that debacle. Fortunately, I putted much better today. Couldn't hit my driver to save my life though. Wind didn't help either. F GOLF!
tandy miller
AG
104 today at fort bend cc. **** golf
Sean Mercer
tandy miller said:

Enjoy FBCC while you can. It's not going to be around much longer.
tandy miller
AG
Sean Mercer said:

tandy miller said:

Enjoy FBCC while you can. It's not going to be around much longer.
Thats what I heard. It's a shame, I like that course, and there is never anyone out there. Sucks for the people that built in the subdivision adjacent to the course.... they paid a premium for those lots that the will never recover.
Mr.Bond
AG
Sadly that's happening more often than it should
UTex09
I was 100% FIR today. Holed out from a sweet flop shot off the green. Only had 1 three putt all day. But every. Single. Iron. Swing. Was like I had never held a golf club in my entire life. Usually my irons save my azz after I hit a nice high cut off the tee right into the rough but not today. Couldn't miss a fairway off the tee but hit all manner of garbage with my irons. Topped it, blocked it right, hook left, hit it fat as ****, thin as ****, skulled, hell I even straight up shanked one damn near 90 degrees to my right.

F GOLF
Larry S Ross
AG
I'm 65 and started back at golf a year or so ago. Have not broke 90 once since coming back. Really have been horribly last 2 months.
I was saying f golf big time. Went out today and said screw it. Play the game. Damed if I didn't shoot a legit 86. Missed several makable putts.
Maybe I will give it a few more chances now. I'm sure the golf gods will punish me for being happy tho.
Icecream_Ag
S
Started out on fire today and screwed up one hole to stride in with a 41.

Second 9 felt like an out of body experience. Nothing felt good or comfortable. Took a lovely 9 on the easiest par 5 on the course to pretty much highlight my back 9. Played 18 about perfect to par and limp in with a 51 for a nice 92.
07fta07
AG
Yesterday I was even with 3 to go. Shot 4 over.
Today I was 8 over thru 8. Shot 6 over.

F golf.
CTGilley
AG
Almost got my first ace. High ball fading, Hit the flag stick and inch above the cup and kicked left.

F Golf
CapCityAg89
AG
Doubled #1 today (finally playing after a brutally wet winter in the PNW), then two over for the next six holes, turn with double, double, bogie, triple, triple. Finish the last five in 3 over.

F the **** outta this ****ing game.
jj9000
AG
13 Pars
1 Bogey
2 Doubles
2 Triples (both on Par 3s)

F-GOLF!!!
agsalaska
AG
I was 1 over going into 18 yesteady and took a 7 on the par 4 18th. I am a former scratch that has broken par exactly once this year. A freaking 7. Though we were racing to beat the storm. We played the last 3 holes, as a 5 some, in about 15 minutes. I went bogey-birdie-triple.

Now that I think about it. It was actually an 8. 1 in 2 out. 3 in the right rough. 4 in. 5 out. 6 to 15 feet. Two putt for an 8.

F golf
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
**** golf.
Seriously, after that round...
**** golf.
Quinn
AG
Shot my best round ever today, 91 on a par 72. Of course, I finished double-double from the fairway on my last two holes. Think it's time to retire my S wedge. Should have stopped thinking about 89.
CTGilley
AG
F RAIN! I shoot by best round in 2 years yesterday and was excited to get out this morning. Last night we had over 4 inches of rain and the course is closed.
dc509
AG
Two rounds rained out this weekend.
Icecream_Ag
S
All over the place today for a 90, though thinking of claiming a 88 due to slow play by the group in front of us.

Highlight was a 330+ drive on 12.
Lowlights were the 6 balls that went swimming and lack of accuracy with mid and low irons
agracer
AG
after spending most of last summer in the low 90's and occasionally breaking into the 80's...I made the mistake of taking a few lessons to help with my consistency and I'm now shooting at or above 100 (the last few times out anyway).

Last night I had 4 pars and 1-birdie three triples, a quad and a +6 and shot a 99. On #1 and #16 I managed to hit the ball almost 60 off angle two swings in a row on both holes (losing 2 balls of course) accounting for 8 strokes. I haven't done that in years let alone two times in a row on two separate holes. Oh, and I parred the following holes each time.

Somehow, after spending the last two month pushing everything right, I'm now pulling my irons with a strong draw...missed several greens today left.

Eff this game.
t - cam
AG
agracer said:

after spending most of last summer in the low 90's and occasionally breaking into the 80's...I made the mistake of taking a few lessons to help with my consistency and I'm now shooting at or above 100 (the last few times out anyway).

Last night I had 4 pars and 1-birdie three triples, a quad and a +6 and shot a 99. On #1 and #16 I managed to hit the ball almost 60 off angle two swings in a row on both holes (losing 2 balls of course) accounting for 8 strokes. I haven't done that in years let alone two times in a row on two separate holes. Oh, and I parred the following holes each time.

Somehow, after spending the last two month pushing everything right, I'm now pulling my irons with a strong draw...missed several greens today left.

Eff this game.

Maybe your instructor realized your previous swing could do no better than 90's and is trying to give you a more repeatable swing for a higher ceiling. Sometimes you have to go back.
agracer
AG
t - cam said:

agracer said:

Eff this game.

Maybe your instructor realized your previous swing could do no better than 90's and is trying to give you a more repeatable swing for a higher ceiling. Sometimes you have to go back.
Thought about that...but my bad holes were always around the green...duff a chip or two, 3 putt 4-5x a round....last time I shot 90, I 3 putted SIX times and quadrupled the final hole (hit trees twice trying to punch out)...that's 10 strokes right there. I also shot +2 over 9-holes at the end of last summer. I just wanted some help cleaning things up and it's turned into a disaster. I'm actually going to see my old instructor next week. He's been helping me for 3-years and really think I click better with him vs the new guy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.