F GOLF

168,447 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
The Lost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to play my first round of the year finally this afternoon. F my little time to play... and probably the score to come, but at least I get to play!
schwabbin
AG
Joining the odd 77 party. Shot my best 9 ever and was -2 thru 10. Then proceeded to finish the last 8 holes +9. F golf

Granted I was walking and it was about 95 degrees that day.
The Lost
Finally got to play, last night truck got broken into and my 10 y/o clubs that will get minimal resale are gone.

F.
AggieDruggist89
AG
schwabbin said:

Joining the odd 77 party. Shot my best 9 ever and was -2 thru 10. Then proceeded to finish the last 8 holes +9. F golf

Granted I was walking and it was about 95 degrees that day.

Myrtle Beach TPC. 36 - 41 77 with a quadruple bogey. F Golf.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Shot 84 today with 6 three putts.
I'm so close to breaking 80.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Honestly I'm not really ticked off except for how it started out........

Last Sunday after long layoff (13 months) for medical reasons including a total rotator cuff rebuild June 27)

Traditions Black Tees
Im 15 HI

Start out +1 thru 6. Shoot sporty little 92
Lost balls
Twice to get out of bunkers
Three OBs

Doing it again Sunday 6th
AG
83 today with 34 putts. Doubled two of the par 5s and bogeyed another with a total of 4 drops in the water hazard. Would have broken 80 if not for those.
AggieIce
AG
86 on Saturday

Zero lost balls

I'm a 3.3
ORAggieFan
62 Front, 42 back yesterday. How is that even possible?
DadAG10
ORAggieFan said:

You only played 6 holes on the back?
ORAggieFan
DadAG10 said:

ORAggieFan said:

You only played 6 holes on the back?

Nope. Doubled 10 followed by two three putt bogeys. Birdie on 18. 7 penalty strokes vs zero and hit some GIR.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Not an eff golf, but I picked the game back up this summer after only playing twice a year or so for the last twenty.

Start of the summer I was shooting 105 and have been playing once a week or so since. Last four rounds have been 90, 91, 92, 90.

Today 85. Damn it feels good to finally break 90.
Rubble
AG
Congrats for living somewhere where the weather isn't ****ty. F the weather!!

Oh, and congrats for breaking 90!!
snowaggie
snowaggie
Shelton98 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Tempest is tough. I played there about a month ago. Felt like I hit it well and still shot 88. Took me two shots to get out of bunkers twice. And having never played there got into trouble off the tee a few times on shots I thought were perfect.

There are some fairways on Tempest that should just be called "ways". I hit a few pretty good drives that landed on a side of a hill in the middle of the "fairway" and kicked 30 yds sideways into no man's land.
Yeah...I hate that too. I play a course that has a tree growing in the middle of the fairway. Soooo...you're penalized for driving the ball in the fairway, and find yourself playing to the side (in the rough) to avoid it.
UpstateAg
AG
First 9 in a few years. 5 3-putts, 43. Not quite f golf, but did they make putting harder?
Rubble
AG
165 out on the par 5 7th at UGA golf course. Made a 7.

F golf!
CoppellAg93
AG
LantanaAg said:

165 out on the par 5 7th at UGA golf course. Made a 7.

F golf!
Was that the hole with the approach shot over water with the Par 3 over water after ? I took a picture of it from the tee but can't seem to post it. Played it earlier this year and was on in regulation and 3-putted.
Rubble
AG
That's 12 that's over the water.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Yeah, I had to go deep into the pages to get this, but this morning was a complete **** show.

Couldn't drive, couldn't approach, couldn't chip, barely putted well.

****ing crazy ass game.
AustinCountyAg
I'll add to the thread. Played a quick 18 last week at legendary in Hempstead. 12 over on the front. Five over on the back. F golf
mike_ags_fan12
52 on the front, 47 in the back.
lazuras_dc
AG
I had a birdie and three pars through 8 holes and was sitting at 37. Pretty sure a par on 9 would be a 9hole best for me.

I shank the drive on 9 into the pond. Hit another drive that was decent but in some tree trouble. 150 out decided to punch under tree versus go over. Hit the tree which left me with an open 100 yard shot which I hit over the green. Downhill chip out of rough never checked and rolled to opposite side of green. Two putted for an 8.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
This needs to get back on the first couple pages

Shot 48-41 today. First 18 in a long time but hopefully get "all clear" to play many many more
AG
Played Grey Rock this morning. Started on the 10th hole. After the turn, I went Par on the 1st, Birdie on the 2nd (burnt edge on Eagle putt), and then a 8 on the Par 3 3rd.

F golf.
rally-cap
AG
Only been playing for about a year and half now. Played my 5th round (5th round playing my own ball, not in a scramble) on Saturday at the Firewheel Old Course in Garland, and shot 52-45, which has pretty much been my average so far. Was really hoping to break 90 for the first time, as my swing has really been improving, but I had some bad mis-hits.

I did however sink my first ever birdie on the Par 5 16th - playing 550ish from the blue tees - drained a 12 foot putt for the birdie after a driver, 3 wood off the deck, 56 to the green. So that ball went straight in the bag! Felt good to finally get that off my back.

Breaking 90 is next.
Shelton98
AG
The Wizard of Oz said:

Played Grey Rock this morning. Started on the 10th hole. After the turn, I went Par on the 1st, Birdie on the 2nd (burnt edge on Eagle putt), and then a 8 on the Par 3 3rd.

F golf.

This was my front 9 from my last round....

lazuras_dc
AG
Shot a 48 on the front the other day. Was thinking of hanging it up then shoot a 40 on the back. All time best 9 holes for me but couldn't put it together with a good front for a 18 hole PR
proudaggie02
AG
This is either my first time or it's been a long time since posting on this thread. After yesterday's round, I was ready for a little break but a good night's sleep has me ready to ready to fix my putting problems. I'm planning to do parts of the putting portion of the ultimate practice routine.

75 yesterday on a par-70. I had 11 birdie putts inside 20', 9 inside 15', 7 inside 8', and 5 inside 4'.... I made 1 birdie. I also hit it OB on two driveable par-4's.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Right there with you. Played last monday and shot a 77 with 3 putting 3 par 5s with looks at Eagle (also had a triple on the card, but don't get me started there). Practiced the putting this past weekend, but hadn't heard of ultimate practice routine before. Going to give the putting a shot as i think that's the large piece of the puzzle left stopping me from going low
Poot
2 Fridays ago, at Cypresswood Tradition I went out and hit the ball about as well as I'm capable of... 69 with 7 birdies. I made a double when I chipped out into the water and I missed 4 5-6 ftrs. 67-68 was right there with 65-66 in play. Pumped.

Couldn't WAIT to get out last Friday. I proceeded to start 6 over on the 1st 3 holes with 2 made putts from 8 and 12 feet to save doubles on 2 and 3. 8 straight pars after that and I birdied 18 to shoot 80. Damn expectations...

Needless to say, F GOLF.
rally-cap
AG

Went to play on saturday after spending the last several weeks working on my fundamentals at the range, getting my irons dialed in. Everything felt great warming up at the range before the tee time.

Could not hit a shot to save my life through the fist 9. It was like I had never played the game before. Was paired with a threesome that were all pretty decent, so I stepped off after the turn to not slow them down.

Back to the range this week.

F GOLF.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Not an eff golf, but I picked the game back up this summer after only playing twice a year or so for the last twenty.

Start of the summer I was shooting 105 and have been playing once a week or so since. Last four rounds have been 90, 91, 92, 90.

Today 85. Damn it feels good to finally break 90.

this was me before the lockdown. 5 consecutive rounds in the 80s (great for me) and now every time i swing a club something is different. perfect draws all day one day, a case of the shanks the next time, then a bunch of fat, weak shots the next followed by a bunch of hooks the next time. i never know what i'm going to do from one outing to the next which makes it really difficult and frustrating.

f this game.
'03ag
I've been off an on since I was a kid. Tend to pick up the game for a couple of months ever few years. Then I'll go 12 -24 months without hitting a ball. Only broken 100 three or four times prior to 2020.

For whatever reason I've played about 8 times this year. Haven't shot worse than 105, and had rounds of 95, 93(equalling a personal best), and yesterday 95(49-46)

Despite not being my best score I think I had my best day on the course ever. I've been working on things and had a strategy to stick with stuff I had confidence in. Teed off with hybrid all day because I'm still working on recent changes with 3w. Driver is way on the back burner right now. That meant on holes into the wind I was only 185 off the tee several times. I resolved to be in the fairway no matter what, and it worked. Ironically the only two times ended up in the first cut, I hit both greens(3 putts).

I had one blow up hole. Two really bad swings in a row resulted in dumping two straight shots in the water on a par 5. Ended up with a 10. Other than that I had NO TRIPLES which is why I think I had my best day out. Closer to being a repeatable result. Highest combined total of pars and bogeys ever(12). I played very conservative and made a real point to miss in predictably in a way that didn't crater my round. Earlier this year I shot 93 with two quads(on par 5s no less) and that really pissed me off.

I have a tendency to get greedy and frustrated. So it was good to see results from the conservative approach and I feel like I'm in a spot where I can start chipping away at strokes here and there.

So since I posted this here I'm pretty much guaranteed to shoot 110 next time out.

schwabbin
AG
Shot my all time low this weekend. See y'all in a few days

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.