F GOLF

168,472 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Aggie1391
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Played in San Antonio last weekend. 36 holes at TPC Oaks on Friday and 36 holes on TPC Canyons on Saturday.

Friday was pretty much a wash cause it rained all freaking day. Shot 83 in the morning, and then quit on 16 in the afternoon cause I couldn't stand the rain, Probably shot somewhere around a 90.

Saturday we caught a break and it was nice weather, not a drop of rain. Shot 47 on the front after hitting my driver pure all day. Something clicked on the back and I shot 39 for a 86.

The second round comes and I'm absolutely striping the ball. Overall, probably my best ball striking ever for a round. Make a 15 footer for par on 2 after a bad drive, but besides that it was all fairways and greens for the first 14 holes. Holes 8-12, I had birdie putts inside 10 feet on each hole, only made one of them. Come up to 15 tee box sitting at 1 under for the round. I push my tee shot into the right rough, no big deal since I was in the exact same spot earlier in the day. Never found the freaking ball. Playing "PGA" rules, take a drop assuming in went in the tall grass, punch out with my third shot, hit an 8 iron that hits the green pin high and just rolls off the green. Hit a perfect chip that bounced twice, rolls into the flag stick and bounces off the stops 2 inches from the hole.

4 footer for par lips out on 16 and par 17 and 18 for a 73. Considering it's one of my best rounds ever, I should be ecstatic about that score, but I can't get over what happened on 15 and what could have been if a couple more putts on 8-12 dropped.
mm98
AG
I'm seriously at the "one last lesson or quit" point.

Was not great but consistent enough to have fun until about 4 weeks ago. Lterraly cannot square up an iron shot if you gave me 50 swings at the range. Half are hosel shots and the other half are fat usually 3 inches behind the ball...

Combination of over the top, early extension, and a temper that is just getting worse as I go.

If anyone has a decent coach suggestion in the Cinco area let me know.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Damn...I feel your frustration.

I don't know anyone in Cinco but, if you're at THAT point, I know great instructor in the Klein area, Golf Digest Top 100 in the US, IIRC. Good instructor with all the tech so you can see where you're going wrong and how to correct.
mm98
AG
I office near Willowbrook 2-3 times per week so that may work. PM me his info, or just post it here.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
mm98 said:

I office near Willowbrook 2-3 times per week so that may work. PM me his info, or just post it here.
http://www.pheniciegolf.com

golfprof@pga.com

Good luck.
khaos288
AG
Welp. I'm garbage in the cold. +16 on 8 holes today and finished +17 over the last 10.
mm98
AG
That's been my typical score lately.

Even in good weather.
khaos288
AG
Lol that's my fifth round this week and my previous worst score was +11.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
mm98 said:

I'm seriously at the "one last lesson or quit" point.

Was not great but consistent enough to have fun until about 4 weeks ago. Lterraly cannot square up an iron shot if you gave me 50 swings at the range. Half are hosel shots and the other half are fat usually 3 inches behind the ball...

Combination of over the top, early extension, and a temper that is just getting worse as I go.

If anyone has a decent coach suggestion in the Cinco area let me know.

Practice tempo and balance with short irons.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
AggieDruggist89
AG
1 under front 43 back with triple last hole.

F golf
STX Ag
AG
Have been nails with irons all summer, even started going with 3 iron off the tee cuz I was whacking it 180-200 in the fairway and hitting every one. Short game, 9 iron in and putting had killed me.

Couldn't hit an iron today to save my life. Don't know what my score was on the front but I never hit a drive or other shot farther than 150 on the back. 9 iron in was fantastic to the point I was pin hunting and never 3 putted. Shot a 52 despite hacking up every fairway.

******* G O L F.
hunterjr81
I have been practicing a lot at the driving range the past 4 months. Have been hitting all my clubs very well. 1 out of 10 were off center impacts. I am thinking I should be able to shoot in the 70's easy.

Well, today I decide to take it to the course. Only had one good solid hit all day out of 84 shots.

F this game.
investorAg83
AG
First 3 holes: par, par, birdie
Last 3 holes: par, birdie, par

The middle effing 12: +17 for a final 85.
agsalaska
AG
Awful awful awful. Windy as ****. Dormant conditions. Exceptionally fast greens.

Worst week I have had this year. 84-82. 4 doubles. 1 triple, 1 birdie, 4 lost balls. 2 hozzel rockets, and strangely no 3 putts, though the longest putt I made was about 8 feet and I missed a several inside of that.

Awful. I was lost with my irons. And to top it all off on Tuesday I spent some time on the practice green and played 6 holes making 3 birdies. Easy peasy. The problem was I committed myself to keeping the ball down and out of the wind and it just didnt work. Threw everything off.

I did win money though. So that's good.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Cen-Tex
AG
Decided to quit playing. Developing arthritis in both hands and golf tends to aggravate the condition. It was fun while it lasted.
Westicles
AG
Had an "I love golf" and an F golf type round yesterday. I've never shot even par. Shot 1 over twice prior. Stood on the Par 5 18th tee even. Pulled my drive into the trees, punched out to a really good layup position, 120 out. The course has really struggled with this green over the last few years and it's hard as a rock and basically non-receptive. Hit a really good wedge shot to a back pin location about pin high, ball doesn't stop and rolls off the back. Chip up to a short sided pin, miss the putt and bogey 18 to miss even by one shot. F golf.

Thing that makes it exceptionally frustrating is I bogeyed 12 to go +1 and knew where I stood and told myself I needed to play the next 6 holes -1. Birdied 14 to get back to E and did what I knew I needed to do. Even missed a few legitimate birdie opportunities in there as well to get to under par.

Oh well, can't complain about wearing shorts and playing in mid-70s weather on 12/22 while tying a PR.
CapCityAg89
AG
Cen-Tex said:

Decided to quit playing. Developing arthritis in both hands and golf tends to aggravate the condition. It was fun while it lasted.

That ****ing sucks.
Poot
Hunch: When you do break that barrier, it will be with a 69 or 70... and you'll kick the damn door down. Seems like the way these things work.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Westicles said:

Thing that makes it exceptionally frustrating is I bogeyed 12 to go +1 and knew where I stood and told myself I needed to play the next 6 holes -1. Birdied 14 to get back to E and did what I knew I needed to do.

Without coming off like Seriously77 with an unsolicited advice, here goes.

Today I can't say F golf because golf Gods have been good to me lately and for now.

The main reason for the failure to achieve your goal score be it 79, 72, and 69 and instead shooting 80, 73, and 70 is because a golfer is focused on the score.

You can't will a birdie or par. That's not how it works. You should only focus on your next shot.

For the ****s and giggles, next time you play, have someone else keep the score and don't pay any mind to your score. In fact, just forget what you're shooting. Then tally up at the end of the round. Once you play a hole, erase it from your mind.

And see what you shoot.
Larry S Ross
AG
Been pissed off at my game for 6 months. I'm a 21-22 handicap. Shot an 86 the other day. Amazing how 11 1 putts and a couple of birdies can change your attitude . I know it won't last, but sure was fun.
jj9000
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Westicles said:

Thing that makes it exceptionally frustrating is I bogeyed 12 to go +1 and knew where I stood and told myself I needed to play the next 6 holes -1. Birdied 14 to get back to E and did what I knew I needed to do.

Without coming off like Seriously77 with an unsolicited advice, here goes.

Today I can't say F golf because golf Gods have been good to me lately and for now.

The main reason for the failure to achieve your goal score be it 79, 72, and 69 and instead shooting 80, 73, and 70 is because a golfer is focused on the score.

You can't will a birdie or par. That's not how it works. You should only focus on your next shot.

For the ****s and giggles, next time you play, have someone else keep the score and don't pay any mind to your score. In fact, just forget what you're shooting. Then tally up at the end of the round. Once you play a hole, erase it from your mind.

And see what you shoot.

There's no room around here for this mumbo-jumbo!!

This thread is for doom...gloom...despair...and overall hate for the game of golf!!
E
AG
My slice came back on my drives. I had two lessons left this winter with my coach and did driver lessons to try to corret it... made it worse
mm98
AG
I'm not good. But I have a chance to finish the front 9 under 45 which I've only done two other times.

Tee #9 - Drive goes left in the trees and light rough but luckily it's a good lie with a good line between two oak trees. Have 120 over a small pond to the green. Hit two in the water and after two drops, blade my next shot over the green. A chip and some lousy putting later, I wrote down "10" in the last hole.

F GOLF!
Poot
Time to check back in...

Scratch golfer here... 4th round in a row in the 80's today... officially on the struggle bus.

I played Woodforest today and I duffed a chip, missed the green with 2 more chips, lost 3 drives 75-100 yards right in the woods, hooked a hybrid in the left woods, and had 2 3 putts and a 4 putt... and that was all IN THE FIRST 5 holes! I started with 3 doubles and 2 triples to be +12 thru the first 5 holes of the West.

I played the next 13 holes in +2 with a double on 18 due to poor club selection for another piss poor round of 85.

Horse****.

I'm not sure if I want to practice or quit.

F GOLF
BreNayPop
AG
took 2 months off, caught the hook-or-pushes.

played tpc phoenix stadium course last weekend and shot 84. so disgusted with myself for losing the good tempo i had.

im gonna try to lose those swings and find something better in a couple weeks.
Old Tom Morris
My irons were pretty rough this AM, and toward the end of my round, the breakfast tacos I had on the way to the course were starting to cause trouble. Finished 18 and practically ran to the clubhouse. When I got to the stall, I had one of two choices - pull down my pants or shut the stall door. No itime for both. Naturally, there is only one real option there, so the first bowel evacuation was witth the stall door open.
khaos288
AG
We've done it boys. This is peak golf talk.
Poot
Take it to the F Breakfast Tacos Thread!
BigHitterDaLama
Poot said:

Time to check back in...

Scratch golfer here... 4th round in a row in the 80's today... officially on the struggle bus.

I played Woodforest today and I duffed a chip, missed the green with 2 more chips, lost 3 drives 75-100 yards right in the woods, hooked a hybrid in the left woods, and had 2 3 putts and a 4 putt... and that was all IN THE FIRST 5 holes! I started with 3 doubles and 2 triples to be +12 thru the first 5 holes of the West.

I played the next 13 holes in +2 with a double on 18 due to poor club selection for another piss poor round of 85.

Horse****.

I'm not sure if I want to practice or quit.

F GOLF

Go find a waffle house
agsalaska
AG
I came here to ***** about the 83 I shot but I cant beat that.

Bravo
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
jj9000
AG
The commode is still undeafeated.
agsalaska
AG
Batting 1.000
JCA1
AG
I assume when you don't have time to close the door, golf etiquette requires a "fore!"
Old Tom Morris
Thankfully, it was empty when I first went in, so no "fore!" necessary. But there was a guy that came into piss not long after I shut the stall door, and I'm guessing he wished he'd played through. I don't think he hung around long enough to wash his hands.
jonj101
*Me on the driving range today*

Ok, remember your instruction - Trust the process.

Trust the process.

Trust. The. Process

TRUST. THE. PROCESS.

Trrrruuuuuuuusssttt. Thhhhheeeee. Proooooooooooooooccessssss.

@#$%^&#&&^@*&#T*^*@!*%#*%@*@*&#%*%@%#%*!*@^*#%*@^@

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.