F GOLF

168,453 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is officially the winner for biggest differential
AggieIce
AG
Twenty

Three

Strokes
agsalaska
AG
elchucoag93 said:

All over on the front 9 today. OB twice and quads on both for a nice 66!! 43 on the back. 23 strokes!! F GOLF!!
Wow. That is a level of suck and misery that has not been seen on this board. Congrats.
AgPrognosticator
AG
Buddy informed me on the tee box of #11 yesterday that I was 10/10 GIR.

....so of course I shank that tee shot off a cliff and into the water.

...then I proceeded to drop 2 and shank 3 over the same cliff and into the water. Took an 8 on a par 3 and wanted to quit golf altogether.
agsalaska
AG
You know, its **** like that that has been my downfall in the last 5 years or so. I used to make very few doubles or more. Now I can't get thru six holes without making one. Its always something different too, but the majority of them are bad drives or irons into the green. And it shouldn't be that dang hard to get to the green. I don't **** up too much on and around the green. But i can sure as hell hit it OB, left and right. I can blade a lob wedge, hit one off the hosel, skull it, chunk it, top it, yank it left, About once every 4-6 holes. Sucks. I should probably practice more and play less.
theSCHW4B
AG
My low round is an 81. I thought yesterday at Southwyck might be the day. Recovered nicely after a double on a Par 3 to shoot +3 on the front. Proceeded to quad the first Par 3 on the back to shoot +9 on the back. Finished the Par 3's at +7. Still thinking about that quad this morning. Oh well, maybe next time.
BreNayPop
AG
My driver left me this past week- push or hook- but my wedges have been dialed in. Par for the first 7 holes, came to an easy par 5 and bombed a driver down the pipe. Hit easy 6 from 200 and hooked it into a hazard, took double, fried egg in a bunker on 9 caused a bogie to finish +3, birdied 10, great par on 11, then another fried egg on 12 caused another bogie. Finoshed +3. Wtf, why cant i get it to par?!?!?
khaos288
AG
The rare Monday post.

first six holes even.

Next seven holes +10

Last 5 holes -1

WHAT THE HECK. I know the harder stretch was more into the wind, but wow...it's like a little wind in the face and I tensed up. Pulled everything, and never finished a swing. Very frustrating to know you can make the swings, and fail.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
got home to find my my new fitted irons & wedges came in yesterday and excitedly rushed to the range.

never could get comfortable over the ball after hitting really well, really consistently lately. i guess i wasn't transferring my weight well and hit nothing but these high, ballooning iron shots with terrible dispersion.

pulled out my 3 wood which has historically been my worst club until the last month or so and hit nothing but absolute bullets. left the range cussing my new expenditure (yes i know it was the indian, not the arrows).
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
57 yrs old today.

Been looking forward to playing golf with my wife today all week.

Had breakfast at Stellas and it went downhill from there.

Uggh

Started on the back 9 (Traditions)
6-5-6-7-6-6-5-6-6. 53 on back

5 on #1 with 3 putt from 15 ft

6 on #2 with 4 putt after hitting 6i over and right with a front left flag

Insert guy tossing bag in pond

11 holes was all i could take
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

57 yrs old today.

Been looking forward to playing golf with my wife today all week.

Had breakfast at Stellas and it went downhill from there.

Uggh

Started on the back 9 (Traditions)
6-5-6-7-6-6-5-6-6. 53 on back

5 on #1 with 3 putt from 15 ft

6 on #2 with 4 putt after hitting 6i over and right with a front left flag

Insert guy tossing bag in pond

11 holes was all i could take

This is how a post on F golf should look.
Mine
AG
First seven holes: 1 bogie, 3 Doubles, 3 Triples
Driver: Adequate
Irons: Shank city
Wedges: Laughable
Putter: Pitiful

Hole 8: Rear back and launch a gorgeous drive down the fairway that I can't even admire because I'm too busy watching the head of my driver (which has snapped off) fly over some shrubbery onto the previous green. From behind said shrubs commences a plethora of profanity in Spanish. Come to find out the head of my driver landed on top of the sunshade of a mower which scared the living **** out of the now irritable man operating it. After retrieving my wayward head I chunked a couple of irons and made a quad.

I decided to bail on the rest of the round at the turn before I could do any more damage to my clubs or innocent bystanders.

F Golf.
khaos288
AG
Just hit my second par in one. Pushed first shot into a red stake nature preserve right by the green. Second off the tee goes in the hole.

F golf.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Ouch

And you've done it twice

Cant imagine how to top that
AG
Yep. 149 9 iron into the sun I didn't see drop after a bad first shot off the cart path.

Today right pin and not even a bad push that went into the hazard. Second shot looked great and heard it hit the flag.
jj9000
AG
Damn...I wish I could have seen this!!

Nice Par.
khaos288
AG
First thing I thought was your ass dying on the tee box struggling to laugh out "nice par"
agsalaska
AG
I made an OB Par today. Been putting really well the last few weeks but had three three putts in the first 8 holes. I am +3 on the par 5 9th sitting 240 a little up hill. Hang my second shot out so far right it ends up in my buddies parents back yard. Drop, hitting four. Hit it to six feet and make the putt. OB par.

Get on the back and hit my drive right on 14 but had a decent lie. The problem is the OB stakes are set all ****ed up where it cut off part of the rough and made it OB. Would have never been OB if there was a white line. But we are cheap and apparently cannot afford paint.

So an OB par, three three putts in the first eight holes, and a bull**** OB ball, and I shoot 77. That is the definition of leaving strokes out on the course.
Just an Ag
AG
This is the worst year of golf in my life. I can't find the right move or any consistency. I shot +6 and +8 over my already inflated HDCP this weekend. Did some soul searching Monday & Tuesday. Considered buying a boat. I made another change and went out for a late 9 holes. I hit every fairway, missed both par 3's on well struck balls just off the green. Missed one other green from 200 out, just off again. Nobody was around. I could've hit 50 fairways in a row. I couldn't miss. F-golf.
CapCity12thMan
AG

Quote:

I hit every fairway, missed both par 3's on well struck balls just off the green. Missed one other green from 200 out, just off again. Nobody was around. I could've hit 50 fairways in a row. I couldn't miss.

...so what was your score. It better be under par, because if not you need to focus on your putting.

Just an Ag
AG
Don't bring me down, man.
Larry S Ross
AG
I'm about a 22 handicap on my course. Couldn't wait to play today it's been so long w all the rain. Had a chance at a hell of a front 9 but screw up w putting. I shot 45 w 4, yes 4 three putts. Then choke up a 53 on the back nine. So end up w my pretty typical score.
AgfromHOU
AG
I had three birdie putts and two par putts. I walked away with one par, three bogeys, and a double. Shot 100 (personal best is 99). **** golf.
stick93
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I had three birdie putts and two par putts. I walked away with one par, three bogeys, and a double. Shot 100 (personal best is 99). **** golf.

A wise guy once told me: "One big reason for pulling or pushing the putting ball off line is know as the balance of power in the grip. Your grip must not apply pressure at the top of the grip or the bottom of the grip, only on the sides. Grip in the center of the palms with the heel of the palms under the handle of the putter."
girlgolfer12
Fired a 73; +2 on Friday, 23 putts, so I'm feeling pretty good teeing it up on Saturday morning. Nope! Double bogeyed the first five holes! Never felt comfortable over the ball. Swing was **** all day. Pulled out the fireball and things got a little better. Finished with a 46 on the front and 43 on the back. Let's see what happens today!
jgh85Ag
AG
F 8 days of rain and no golf.
khaos288
AG
Sup. Got the shanks.
khaos288
AG
khaos288 said:

Sup. Got the shanks.
Golf gods were merciful. Played much better on the back without any mis hits.
Seriously77
Love watching this fellow swing a club. Notice how folks dressed back in the day.

Good winter watch because I suck at winter golf

When it is too wet to play
khaos288
AG
Wrong thread...and website
AggiePride07
AG
So just took up golf seriously about 3-4 months ago. Taking lessons and my game is improving. Tee box OB's have been my nemesis.

Just recently joined a club by the house in Katy.

Played back 9 today. 36 par.

Miss a 3 foot birdie putt on #14 a Par 4 hole. Par that hole.

No OB's going into #18 (a par 4 hole) with a score of 39 so far. Started thinking about how good I was playing. Then I got as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rockers.

Hit my tee shot onto driving range. Punch out for #2 onto fairway that puts me 150 out. Big winds today. Green is on peninsula. High winds left to right. Hit my 7 to the left on approach. Wind died and quit blowing. Goes into pampas grass on left. Drop 4 hitting 5. Scull it into water. Drop 6 hit 7. Chunk it onto green (thank God). 2 putt for a crowd pleasing 9.

Finish with 48.

Silver lining: It's my second nine to post under 50.

F Golf.
khaos288
AG
You added your score up on the second to last hole?

AggiePride07
AG
Lol.

Actually truth be told, I did not. Wasn't going to do that. Done it before and learned my lesson. I did it after the hole and it was bitter sweet to see I broke 50. Tried to screw it up though. Lol
Poot
Sounds an awful lot like Falcon Point. If that's the case, you're not the only one who has trouble keeping it in play out there.
AggiePride07
AG
Yes. Falcon Point.

Water on every hole out there, but one.

Challenging course.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.