F GOLF

168,484 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsalaska said:

AggieIce said:

34 Front
49 Back

Three putt from 3 feet on #8 and that started the chaos

Now that is F golf worthy right there. I pulled a 44-34 and a 42-32 last year. But a 34-49 is a special kind of hell.

Geezus 15 stroke split.

11 is my record, and I thought that couldn't be beat.
jj9000
AG
Quote:

I may or may not have witnessed this.

Total and complete awesomeness!!
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

Quote:

I may or may not have witnessed this.

Total and complete awesomeness!!

The good ole "want to play for your money back on the back 9?"

"Nope"

Birdie, birdie, birdie putt lips out
agsalaska
AG
Been working hard on my game. All phases. Been to the golf course every other day or so for the last 3 weeks. I've been concentrating entirely on alignment. I have a tendency to close everything off and aim way right. Enough of that.

It feels incredibly awkward but the flashes of brilliance have been obvious. I'd play 11 holes and have 2 or 3 birdies. The ball was going straight. Only problem was about every 5th or 6th swing was a total flier usually finding whatever trouble was right. But thays part of it and they should be going away. So I go out today and......

35-45-80.

F Golf.
mm98
AG
Had a chance to play an afternoon round at Crystal Falls in Leander yesterday. Short but nice elevation variation. On the front, played well on the first 6 holes and ended with a triple, double, double to finish 54. My goal was to keep it under 50. Back nine played much better but finished with two doubles on 17 and 18, for a 45hoping for a 42.

Closing out the last few holes on the front 9 and back 9, I felt like Nick Anderson bricking 4 straight free throws.

On a positive note, I actually hit my driver very well.
BigHitterDaLama
Blue star for the Nick Anderson FT brick reference.
Yesterday
AG
Fired a nice 94 in our local US Mid Am qualifier at my home club yesterday. Was 2 over through 5 holes before a thunderstorm fell blew in. We played in an absolute, sideways wind monsoon for two holes before the horn blew and I went 6 over on those two holes. Two more rain delays and 6 different players later(because everyone in the afternoon flight was quitting) I finished 18 with a shiner bock and cigarette in tow(I usually don't smoke). Pretty sure you can't drink during a round but I nor the rules officials gave a **** at that point.

F Golf!
investorAg83
AG
Watters Creek this morning...39 on the front; 49 on the back. Front was pretty solid all the way around but it all fell apart starting on 10. Lost four balls on four straight holes. Couldn't buy a fairway. W. T. F.
AustinCountyAg
Legendary oaks this morning. 10 over on front. 2 over on back. Zero birdies. **** golf.
Aggie1391
46-37 this afternoon.

0 fairways on the front and 0 greens. I was 10 over after 6. Played the next 12 holes 1 over.
KidDoc
AG
Had my first birdie ever today!

Now to just stop the intermittent slicing off the tee and woods and chunking my irons (especially long) and I can start keeping score maybe!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HoustonAg12
AG
Played my first round of golf in over two years yesterday. Shot my second best score ever of an 86. 43 front and back. 1 birdie. Two triples though

Pleasantly surprised
khaos288
AG
You in the wrong thread son
agsalaska
Aggieangler93
AG
mm98 said:

Had a chance to play an afternoon round at Crystal Falls in Leander yesterday. Short but nice elevation variation. On the front, played well on the first 6 holes and ended with a triple, double, double to finish 54. My goal was to keep it under 50. Back nine played much better but finished with two doubles on 17 and 18, for a 45hoping for a 42.

Closing out the last few holes on the front 9 and back 9, I felt like Nick Anderson bricking 4 straight free throws.

On a positive note, I actually hit my driver very well.

This is why we call the place, "Lost Balls", instead of Crystal Falls.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
mm98
AG
I misjudged those elevated par 3s badly. Next time I'm there I plan to just putt it firmly from the teebox and let it roll downhill and stop short of the green.
viper14
AG
Played Luna Vista on Saturday....shot a 41 on the front (not bad), played the back really well and tripled 18 for a 36 on the bank nine...F the 18th hole! My buddy even said the wheels would fall off on the 18th hole...F him too!

PS: I am very happy with my 77 that day!
jj9000
AG
viper14 said:

Played Luna Vista on Saturday....shot a 41 on the front (not bad), played the back really well and tripled 18 for a 36 on the bank nine...F the 18th hole! My buddy even said the wheels would fall off on the 18th hole...F him too!

PS: I am very happy with my 77 that day!
There's really no room for positivity in this thread.

Nothing but despair, anger, rage, and demoralization is allowed in these parts.
khaos288
AG
Yeah. Triple on 18 isn't rage unless it's for 80/90/100 and you've never broken that barrier before
viper14
AG
I am sure that my future round will have more rage/anger to share here - ha!
agracer
AG
The only iron shots I didn't blade last night were the ones I teed up in the tee box....I mean, WTF here. My issue is usually hitting fat. Almost never hit it thin.

I swear my game has gotten worse since I bought new clubs last spring and nothing seems to work anymore. If I'm not blocking my driver 45-deg right, I'm blading my irons over the green and/or three putting.
Poot
5 out of my last 6 rounds at E or better... REALLY thought I was on to something... and THEN, yesterday happened.

Front 9: 1 fairway and 19 putts later (missed 4 5 footers)... 43 on the front

Back 9: 3 fairways and 2 greens in regulation with a double on 18 for a crispy 42.

5 penalty shots... 85. Damn this is a humbling game...

F GOLF!
khaos288
AG
Poot said:

5 out of my last 6 rounds at E or better... REALLY thought I was on to something... and THEN, yesterday happened.

Front 9: 1 fairway and 19 putts later (missed 4 5 footers)... 43 on the front

Back 9: 3 fairways and 2 greens in regulation with a double on 18 for a crispy 42.

5 penalty shots... 85. Damn this is a humbling game...

F GOLF!
hmm, can I get a ruling from someone on whether the first sentence disqualifies the rage from the rest?

Just kidding man. The worst part of golf is shooting well one day, and terrible the rest.

My contribution is this....

for weeks my iron game has been SO strong. I've been hitting greens from crazy distances, and needing to because my driving has been so bad.

Naturally I haven't been hitting as many iron shots on the range, and trying to tame the driver.

Welp, my last 3-4 outings I've finally hit a lot of good drives, but now can't hit a green for the life of me. Not to mention my putting has suffered as well.
jj9000
AG
Quote:

Welp, my last 3-4 outings I've finally hit a lot of good drives, but now can't hit a green for the life of me. Not to mention my putting has suffered as well.
True story.

Wet greens don't help though.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I have to mention the guy in HS that went 30-50 in a tourney...just ridiculous.

agsalaska
AG
Not sure if this counts cause I shot 75 today which is the best round I have shot in at least three weeks. But I played a guy I play with all of the time. He is a +1 and give my dumbass 3 handicap 4 strokes. Stroke or match my pick. I pick match.

Had four birdies and an eagle today and lost to him on the last hole by one. And none of the birdies or the eagle were on holes I stroked on. Dude shot 31 on the back.

Me
-1 -1 +1 E -1 E +1 +2 +3 +3 +4 +5 +4 +5 +3 +3 +3 +3

Him

E E E E E E E +2 +1 E E -1 -1 -1 -3 -2 -2 -4

I hit it OB on 3 and might have killed somebody on the road. And I 3 putted 11 and 14. F
Yesterday
AG
Shot a 79 with 42 putts! Birdied 4 of our 5 par 5's, was putting for eagle on 3 of them. Ball striking was impeccable today but my lord I could not control my speed on the greens. 4 birdies and sitting even after 12 holes and I shoot a 79 with 5 three putts on the final 6 holes.
G-Town Cracker
AG
I switched from standard to midsize grips and am spraying the ball everywhere. F this ish!
STX Ag
AG
Played my first round in 15 years yesterday. Shot 50 on the font nine with 6 penalty due to OB.

"Not bad, I can turn this into a decent score on the back side"

A mix of duffs, whiffs and rotten putts later I shot 56.

Now I remember why I quit the last time around.

**** GOLF.
agsalaska
AG
Dude you went 15 years before breaking down. Geez. I went 3 without Copenhagen before I broke down. Damn deer season. But 15 no golf is crazy.

You can never forget it is one day at a time.
khaos288
AG
Does anyone have tips on how to not be such a ***** piece of **** *******?

Played a course this morning that ate me up last time I was there. Been playing well though so i was ready to crush it.

Started very strong, and had one double on the front from a bad bounce ob. 40.

Get to the last hole with 1 over on the back, and thought that a double or better gets me a 70s round.

****ing triple with the worst shanks ever.

Iron off the tee, shank. Reload 3 times shank, push, shank. Find my first ball, poke out, 170 to the flag, and shank to the bunker. Bad bunker shot. Bad chip. Missed the putt for 79.

80. I hate this game. Fun all day and the last hole ruined if.
investorAg83
AG
khaos288 said:

Does anyone have tips on how to not be such a ***** piece of **** *******?

Played a course this morning that ate me up last time I was there. Been playing well though so i was ready to crush it.

Started very strong, and had one double on the front from a bad bounce ob. 40.

Get to the last hole with 1 over on the back, and thought that a double or better gets me a 70s round.

****ing triple with the worst shanks ever.

Iron off the tee, shank. Reload 3 times shank, push, shank. Find my first ball, poke out, 170 to the flag, and shank to the bunker. Bad bunker shot. Bad chip. Missed the putt for 79.

80. I hate this game. Fun all day and the last hole ruined if.

Ouch...Which course?
khaos288
AG
Firewheel lakes. Played pretty solid all day. One errant tee shot on the front, and a few missed greens. Otherwise only 18 screwed me.
investorAg83
AG
Rough...I enjoy those.

Played Teravista yesterday in Austin. I don't know what it is, but I think my swing with my driver just starts to unravel as my round progresses. Front 9, everything looks good. Then around 10, I start popping everything up. I mean I'd be better teeing off with my 9 iron. I think my swing start to mimic my iron swing and I start coming down on it too much. Then I try to correct and flatten the plane out...massive duck hooks.

Long story to say it was 41-51 for a 92.

Now I'm in Orlando for a work thing...with my clubs...and my wife. Would love to get a round in while I'm here and not pay for it all of September.
elchucoag93
AG
All over on the front 9 today. OB twice and quads on both for a nice 66!! 43 on the back. 23 strokes!! F GOLF!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.