F GOLF

168,440 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
foxfire
How long do you want to ignore this user?

While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.Henny Youngman

Yep, old Henny summed up my day!!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
F golf dp
agsalaska
AG
Club Championship.

I have been playing below my abilities for the better part of two years. Didn't think that would change today.

It almost did. Three birdies in my first 8 holes and even with a missed three footer I was -1 going into 8 with back to back reachable par fives in 9 and 10. Proceeded to F up 9 and be a freaking five iron for my third shot and then three putted for bogey.

10-COuldnt get up and down for birdie but made par.
11. Was 140 out right in the middle of the fairway sitting in a divot. Bogey
12. Skulled my six iron approach into the hazard. Made a very hard up down. Bogey
13. Did everything I could to hit it in the water but missed. Hard up down. Par
14. Three putt from 15 feet. Bogey
15. Up against the lip of a fairway sand trap. Bogey
16. Up against the lip of a fairway sand trap. Bogey.
17. Tough up down for par.
18. Drive behind tree. Bogey.

-1 after eight and bogeyed 7 of my last 10 holes.

F GOLF
Chipotlemonger
AG
Coyote Ridge KILLED my friend and I today. Good lord. Added 30 strokes to his normal scores, and 20 to mine. I'm still up money on him heading into our round tomorrow, but today was demoralizing.

Girls here are as reported, hot as hell.
agracer
AG
Shot an 87 last week at the local. Lowest score ever for me.

Shot a 96 on the same course today. 3 putted like 5 times and could just not find a rhythm at all.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I got a lesson Tuesday, but other than that, I am not touching my clubs for this week I think.

I had a blowup on hole 10 of my Sunday round. Conceded not only the hole in match play with one person, but picked up and conceded Nassau for the back 9. Could not hit the ball on the hole worth a ****.

Of course now that I said that, my lesson Tuesday will probably go fine, then I will be right back into practice and playing by Thursday my normal amount.
Ag_07
AG
Made the turn Sunday at +10 and played the back +6 for a decent 88.

However, with a double triple, and quad (all on the front) I was +9 on only three holes.
bagger05
AG
Absolute blow up at Lone Tree just south of Denver on Saturday. I have gotten accustomed to playing my home course where we can't water the fairways and everything plays firm and quick. Lots of tight lies that set up for low-lofted clubs and bump-and-run type play.

Then I get to this course and Denver has gotten a s##t-ton of rain in the last week or so and the rough is tall, thick, and sticky as melted jolly ranchers. Add on top of that all of the pin placements being extremely difficult.

Started out grinding for bogey on four holes in a row. Then I get a double.
Hit the next green in reg but three-putt for bogey.
Two really good shots set me up for a wedge into a par 5. Get suckered into going at the pin and end up in the bunker. The sand is hard as a f##king rock and I skip my club off of the sand and thin it into another bunker. Get out and two-putt for a double.
Drive into the hazard on the next hole and end up with another double.
Hit the green on #10 and three-putt for a bogey.
A few holes later I end up just over the green in the gnarly rough. Pin is on the front of the green. I hit a perfect flop shot that lands in the tall rough, bounces on the fringe, and then proceeds to release about 50 feet, go past the hole, and roll into the rough just short of the water.

I eventually stopped keeping score but I doubt that I broke 100. Worst f##king day on the course in probably 2+ years. Just a non-stop disaster. F##king awful.

F GOLF.
Aggie1391
I can't get rid of these random shanks. They happened 1-2 times a round and I can't figure out why. The swing feels fine, but the ball goes shooting of 45 degree to the right. Adding 2-3 shots a round. Shank on 9 caused my 79 to become a 82 yesterday. And it was also in my head for the rest of the round
agracer
AG
quote:
Made the turn Sunday at +10 and played the back +6 for a decent 88.

However, with a double triple, and quad (all on the front) I was +9 on only three holes.
. I looked back at my score and realized my +9 strokes over last week came from a snowman and 5 three putts.....and I swear in all of those three putts I left the ball < 1/2" short.
Hoyt Ag
AG
+4 at the turn
+5 going into number 18
triple putt

Screw golf.
agsalaska
AG
God I hate this game. Why oh why do I do this to myself.

We were playing our championship tournament this weekend and it was the last chance to get points for our season long Grapevine Cup and quality for the finals. I came into the weekend two spots out.

It has been frustrating enough over the last three years watching my Handicap fall from a 0 to a 3 even though I play as much as I ever have. But I figured anything below 158 or so for two days should do it. My last two rounds were 71-76. So this should be easy right? Wrong.

Yesterday a 78 with two doubles and one eagle.

Today. Got thru the front with a 38 even though I hit two balls in the water and had a three putt. But my lone birdie for the two days came on 9(two putt birdie).

Get to the back and pipe a drive. Im 115 out and yank it into the trap. No big deal until I get up there and find it fried egged. I hit it only to have it nestle up against the edge of the trap giving me no shot. So I have to turn the club head over and knock it back down the face of the trap. Get up and down for double bogey.

Ok I say. Im still just 4 over. Two is a short par three and I hit it right over the flag to about 20 feet and proceed to FOUR PUTT!! **** you **** **** you **** you.

Miss a dead straight 8 foot putt on 3 for birdie putt still par.

Get up on 4, a reachable dead straight narrow as hell par 5 and just stripe one right down the pipe. Get up there, no ball. We finally found it on the edge of the hazard thirty yards right of the center of the fairway behind a tree. I have no idea how it got there but I was pissed. Made 7.

Finished from there with two more bogeys and a double for a 46. 38-46. 84. The worst competitive score I have had probably since I was a freshman in high school. 78-84. On a weekend where 78-79 was all I needed.

F golf. I may still qualify. I hope I don't. F golf.

Thank you.
AggieIce
AG
My FIL and I finished in second by .27 strokes after handicap in my Member-Guest tourney
agracer
AG
Still have not come with in 9-strokes of that 87 I shot back in July......I've someone developed a way to hit the ball with the toe of my club at random times and have no clue why.

Was 11 over after 4-holes ended with a 51 on the front.

Back nine started with two triples, but I managed to scrape a 48. Reached one GIR, 10-feet out...3-putt. Had two par's all day.

I think I'm going to stop keeping score for awhile.
CapCityAg89
AG
So yesterday I take advantage of our nice weather in Tacoma. Foursome on the first tee let me go through; threesome on five do the same, so I clip along pretty well. Shoot 39 on the par 36 front with four bogies and a birdie. Tee shot on 10 just misses the tree that marks the dogleg, so I'm in position A. Good 3H layup to 125, still sitting pretty, but with uphill lie. Feeling very good about my game.

Absolutely cold chunk the approach for my first "negative" (wasted) shot of the day. I salvage a bogie, but then yank my tee shot on 11 OB ... miss the long bogie putt. Push my tee shot on the long 12th and then hit a poor third ... triple. Scramble a par three on 13, but go bogie, double, bogie into a very difficult par 3 17 where I make a great chip to about a foot (whew, felt good), but then blow 18 up with another double. That's a 47 on the par 35 back.

3 over to 12 over. F golf.

voorheesdn
AG
Two days ago I shoot 84. My best round of all time by 10 strokes. Today I go out and shoot 103...missing fairways, 3 putts all over and poor sand shots.

F Golf
agracer
AG
One of the best shots I've ever hit in my life. Nailed my 3H from ~195 out, hit 6' behind the pin, bounced and stopped ~12' away from the pin two putted for a 9! Lets see drive skied, 2nd shot shanked into some trees in/out now at 3 hitting 4, 4 hit a tree, 5 hit a tree, 6 finally back on the fairway. didn't really
keep score yesterday since I've hit all of 100-balls in the last few months (winter, snow, cold).
Aggie1391
Shot 79 two weeks ago that included a bull**** triple (ball got lost in some newly sodded area in front of the green). Probably one of the most consistent rounds I've played.

Then proceed to shoot 97 yesterday. Had 2 pars all day and they both came on par 3s that were under 115. And of course I birdie 18.
WHOOP!'91
AG
I have a talent for hitting my best shots on holes that are already hopeless. Drain a 40 ft putt to salvage quadruple bogey, for example.

F Golf.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Worst round in years this last weekend.

F GOLF
bagger05
AG
On Sunday at the Campus Course I was hitting the ball as well as I have ever hit it over the course of 18 holes. I was absolutely pounding the ball off the tee. Every iron shot I was making solid contact. Every iron shot except one.

After crushing my tee shot (1) on #9 I was a mere 8-iron away. The one total miss I have all day was a thinned 8-iron (2) that went screaming toward the right side of the green. I ask the ball (very nicely) to get in the bunker, but no. It decides it's going to hit the cart path and skip into this chunky lie under the crape myrtles. I chunked my chip (3) and it landed in the bunker, and since it was just a short little chip, it left me a fried egg. I chunk that sand shot (4) and don't get it out, leaving myself with another fried egg lie. I get that one out (5) but put it into the bunker on the other side of the green. I have a decent lie there and manage to get it out (6) but just barely on the green. Downhill putt goes about five feet past the hole (7). Miss the comebacker (8). Tap in (9) for a FREAKING QUINTUPLE BOGEY.

Heading into #9 I was +2. Cooled off a little on the back and shot a 41 for an 83.

Not dissatisfied that I was hitting it great all day, but it definitely stings that I let an opportunity get away from me like that. I don't have that kind of A-game every day... it'd be nice to play at that level for 18/18 holes and actually shoot in the 70s for once.

TLDR - F golf.
Yesterday
AG
Played in a scramble two weeks ago where I was the designated long ball hitter. I swung for the fences off the tee and haven't been able to hit a decent drive since! Scrambles are a blast but good lord does it screw up your swing. F golf!
bagger05
AG
Had an okay round going. Terrifying approach shot into the 18th green. Absolutely striped a 3-hybrids into the wind over the water. Turns out it hopped over the back of the green which was very elevated. Ball came to rest on a severe downslope behind the green. Not sure if you've ever had to chip off of a severe downhill lie onto a severe elevated green but it's really freaking hard. Carried it too far and it rolled into the water I had just carried. Drop, chip, two putts, triple bogey for a g##damn 90.

Efffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff golf.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Dang....yall suck.
bagger05
AG
quote:
Dang....yall suck.

F golf and f you too.
Mr.Bond
AG
Shot a 45-37 today with a double on 17..... Golf is my ***** lover
jj9000
AG
quote:
Dang....yall suck.

Really, dude?

Didn't you troll around this board a while back?
hot dog
AG
Traditions kicked my ass today... That course is so hard for my current talent level
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
quote:
Dang....yall suck.

Really, dude?

No, just recently... with Joe Dante Wrist Hinge thingy.
jj9000
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dang....yall suck.

Really, dude?

No, just recently... with Joe Dante Wrist Hinge thingy.

Funny that you stuck with it long enogh to let it ruin your game.

If it didn't work for you, why would you let it ruin your game?

I suppos you could have learned to clear the hips faster, like DJ.

Makes no sense.
LeFraud
Playing with a guy I've known since grade school this morning. He's never shot under par. Well, he is -1 thru 17, with 18 being a pretty easy par 5. He hits a good drive, but gets a little unlucky and is forced to layup with a low punch. He doesn't hit a great shot, and pulls it. He then had to hit another low punch shot from about 120, he hits just over a bunker, but it rolls into the bunker (another 5 yards of carry and he's right next to the hole). He actually catches a break, as the bunker was GUR. He takes a drop and hits his 4th to about 10 ft. 10 ft for par, and a round of 71, a personal best. He catches the lip, but settles for a bogey 6.

...F golf
07fta07
AG
Hadn't played in a couple weeks until yesterday so figured it would be a bit rusty. Had to start on the back 9 which usually gives me fits. Proceed to shoot 36 so it's smooth sailing for a good score right? Nope, 42 on the easier front 9. F golf.
jonj101
Walked 18 at my home course yesterday. Here are my stats:

4/13 FW
4/18 GIR
33 putts

Final score - 99

It should have been 30 putts, but I had three 3 putts. I think this illustrates what some have said previously on this board concerning the importance of GIR. Its just taking me far too many shots to get on the green. Even though I only had 4/13 FW, there were a number of times where I was only 1-2 yards off of the fairway. My iron play is definitely killing me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.