F GOLF

168,492 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
JHUAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just outside Duluth.

12.7 more inches of snow to melt before we can play
agfan2013
AG
Played campus course on Sunday, irons worked fine but driver and wedges were very poor.....

Didnt help that it was an almost 5 hour round. Pro tip people, if you dont have anybody on the two holes in front of you and the four holes behind you have at least two groups on every single hole, you are playing too slow. Way, way too slow....
Pahdz
JHUAggie said:

Just outside Duluth.

12.7 more inches of snow to melt before we can play
right on, we'll have to get together for TexAgs Tournament North. I know Sooner Born on here lives in the cities as well
shaynew1
AG
shot 90 at a goat ranch.

f golf
dc509
AG
Not full f golf, but it would be nice to play a round this year without ridiculous wind.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Was +9 going into 15.
Finished +18.
agsalaska
AG
dc509 said:

Not full f golf, but it would be nice to play a round this year without ridiculous wind.
Yea it was brutal this weekend.

Best shot I hit all weekend with an iron was a smoked slightly choked down back of the stance 135 yard six iron on a par 3 to six feet. Of course I missed the putt. But it was a full three clubs into the wind. And you couldn't judge anything at all downwind.

It is supposed to be a little bit better tomorrow and Thursday. I hope so since I am playing tomorrow.
khaos288
AG
Welp *********mother ****ing sorry for being happy yesterday golf gods. Going into 9 and haven't hit a ****ing par
Oso96
AG
Played in tournament this past weekend in Ohio and hit the ball really well. I missed 7 putts inside of 5 feet and lost by 6 strokes.

F Golf

-Tiger
khaos288
AG
Haven't been here in awhile...

Been really working on my iron game lately, and had literally 7 severe mis-hits. Almost doubled my handicap from the whites.
khaos288
AG
khaos288 said:

Haven't been here in awhile...

Been really working on my iron game lately, and had literally 7 severe mis-hits. Almost doubled my handicap from the whites.

Twice in one weekend. Last week was destroying drivers high and straight. Switched to 3 wood off the tee after a few holes today it was so bad
AustinCountyAg
I'm in same boat. Played a round last week and was striping my driver. Nice little draws all day. Played Meadowbrook Farms yesterday and first three drives of the day all went OB. **** golf
khaos288
AG
Yeah, went to the range and hit one little hook. The rest high fades right down the middle
_lefraud_
AG
Played 18 holes on Mon, 37 putts
Played 27 holes on Wed, 38 putts (18 holes)
Played 27 holes on Thur, 40 putts (18 holes)
Played 27 holes on Fri, 38 putts (18 holes)

F golf
khaos288
AG
and I'm back. back again.

Pro tip, NEVER even think loudly "I"m happy with X part of my game". I made the mistake of telling someone I was happy with my chipping/putting lately.

hole 1. 30 footer for birdie. Maybe made it 13 feet. Ok fine, didn't practice before the round and the greens were slow. 3 putt.

hole 2. 25 feet to the hole, chip from just off the back of the green. Wanted to land it 18 or so feet and let it roll down hill. Landed at 12 and it didn't make it to 15.

hole 3. Two putt. Only par on the front.

hole 4. 80 yards to the green, missed just off to the right. Chip off the green the other side. Chip up hill poorly, 2 putt. double bogie.

hole 5. Sand wedge off the back left of a short par 3. Chip needed to go 30 feet. Maybe made it 15. Missed the putt.

hole 6. Good sand shot. Still two putt though, bogie.

hole 7. Three putt from 25 feet. First putt was garbage, second putt didn't break in inch somehow after watching another on the same line break a ton.

hole 8. Below the pin up a steep hill 12 yards away. 25 yard chip way over. chip again, and putt for bogie.

hole 9. green side looking up a slight hill to a short side pin maybe 20 feet away. Hit what I thought was a perfect stroke, and it caught the last inch of the hill, and died a foot later. Missed the putt.
Aggie369
AG
Played today after a few weeks off....hit 13 greens and had 0 birdies and 36 putts. Hit a lot of good putts...nothing dropped. Just one of those days...I've shot under par with less greens in regulation and walked off with a 79.

agracer
AG
A quad and two doubles the past week....47/42....and the quad was so effing ugly too and was a just a complete blow up on my part. No penalties or anything.
shaynew1
AG
F golf. It needed to be said.
Poot
Harumph!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
First round since last October. **** golf. **** practice. **** you. I'm broken.
khaos288
AG
Well I'm back with a vengeance boys.

I've been making an effort to work on my mental game so I can enjoy myself more.

Wednesday and today I shot 4 and 5 double bogies or worse. In the past 3 months I hadn't had a round with more than 3.

On a positive note, zero thrown clubs, just immeasurable sadness
jj9000
AG
Just posted a salty 36-46.

I'm not even pi$$ed.

New clubs en route.
K Bo
AG
3 over through 15 & finished double, bogey, double
shaynew1
AG
I hit one so far left yesterday, I watched a guy two groups ahead of us pick my ball up and I wasn't even mad at him. They literally couldn't believe it was a tee shot from the hole we were on.
agracer
AG
Cut the corner on a sharp dogleg at my home course which will usually set you up for an eagle put on this particular par 5 but I didn't quite get far enough past the corner. I'm 200 out but not a clear shot to the green with an overhanging tree in the way and there is a creek ~175 or so cutting across the fairway. So rather than try an extremely low probability shot, I decide to lay up to a better position to give myself a clear shot to the green and a chance at a birdie. Took 9-more strokes (including OB left and a water ball into the creek) to finish the hole. I took 11-strokes on 3 holes otherwise played fine. Eff this game!
AustinCountyAg
Decided to hit the range up yesterday. What a terrible decision. Shank, shank, thin, fat. It looked like I had never swung a club before in my life..... pretty sure my problems were stemming from my setup. But damn I had no idea how to correct it. I focused extra on alignment and etc but nothing seemed to fix the problems. **** golf
K Bo
AG
mats or grass?

my local range is square mats and unless I am hitting square to the mat I cannot get comfortable with my alignment and it's a disaster.
bjh19
AG
F golf. Finally joined in.
Brick Tamland
Hello darkness, my old friend
AustinCountyAg
Grass
K Bo
AG
f golf
khaos288
AG
Ok....

43 on 9 isn't bad right?

6 pars, 1 birdie, and TWO QUADS!!!!!!

The first was a little tin cuppy on a par 5 into the wind, and the second was a double hitler on a par 3. Hitler being two shots in one bunker.
khaos288
AG
Me twice in a row? *****

Well the new swing is not course ready. My good shots were good, but damn my bad shots were unmanageable.

I pulled probably 10 irons 15 degrees left.

I hit 36 putts, and absolutely could not find the speed till like the 11th hole.

Couple fat hybrids as well which I had been destroying all week during practice.
AggieIce
AG
34 Front
49 Back

Three putt from 3 feet on #8 and that started the chaos
agsalaska
AG
AggieIce said:

34 Front
49 Back

Three putt from 3 feet on #8 and that started the chaos

Now that is F golf worthy right there. I pulled a 44-34 and a 42-32 last year. But a 34-49 is a special kind of hell.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.