F GOLF

168,504 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DaleDoback said:

I had a hole in one lip out today. 185 into the wind, lips out on me to 6 inches. Never had one before and I doubt I ever get that close again.

Not with that attitude!
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
Whoop! Went from losing 13 balls off the tee box ( shot a 108) three weeks ago to losing no balls and shooting an 89. Still had a lot of missed opportunities to bring that score much lower, but I was very happy with my play. I love golf but **** it took forever to break 90!
agsalaska
AG
Hay man. I am all about legalizing, but this is the F golf thread. We want to hear about the 13 balls. Not the 89.
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
Lmao the 89 was the follow up to the 108. The 108 was a baaaaaad day.
agsalaska
AG
So how exactly did you lose 13 balls. Where did it start?
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
It started on the first tee box and never got better lol. Sliced everyone of them mother****ers out of bounds lmao
agsalaska
AG
I know that feeling. The more you correct the more right it goes.
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
I ended up changing the swing path by bring my hands further back and that corrected my slice. Found almost every fairway today. Only problem was the wind was in my face all day.
bagger05
AG
Shot a 98 yesterday. Started out with a couple routine pars then had doubles or worse until the 11th.

Could NOT get off the tee box. Even when I put my driver in the bag I had a topped hybrid and a duffed 5-iron.

I'm putting in the work on the range to incorporate the swing changes but just don't trust it yet.
zgolfz85
AG
Welp, played the same course Sunday and Monday. Shot an 89 Sunday and was pacing to a much better 84-85 Monday...until I hit the dreaded beer threshold on 16. Shot a double and triple to finish to tie my previous day 89...and that was after miraculously hitting both drives right down the pipe without the ability to feel my arms or legs on the tee box.
mazag08
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Welp, played the same course Sunday and Monday. Shot an 89 Sunday and was pacing to a much better 84-85 Monday...until I hit the dreaded beer threshold on 16. Shot a double and triple to finish to tie my previous day 89...and that was after miraculously hitting both drives right down the pipe without the ability to feel my arms or legs on the tee box.
Sounds like you need to up your beer threshold.
zgolfz85
AG
mazag08 said:

zgolfz85 said:

Sounds like you need to up your beer threshold.

Ha, maybe so....less than 2 beers and I'm too stiff to get a full turn, 2-4 beers is optimal. More than 6 in the summer heat is where it goes sideways quick. Yesterday was welp, higher than 6. The drinks shouldn't be more than the green fee!
GQaggie
AG
Played Slick Rock at Horseshoe Bay Monday. Front nine I could do no wrong off the tee but putted terribly. Shot 35 with three 3-putt bogies and a missed 5 foot birdie putt. Just decent putting would have made for a spectacular nine holes.

Proceeded to hit two OB on the back and continued to putt poorly for a smooth 44.
agsalaska
AG
At least you broke 80.
GQaggie
AG
Ha! Very true, though it didn't feel like much consolation at the time.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i hope to one day be able to gripe about a 79 on slick rock.

but that's what makes golf so great.

also...f golf.
Poot
44-35 79s feel so much better than that version, but they're equally as hollow. F golf
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
4 birdies, 5 doubles today. IN THAT ORDER. I hate this game.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
you flew too close to the sun, brother.
agsalaska
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

4 birdies, 5 doubles today. IN THAT ORDER. I hate this game.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
my first time with 4 consecutive birdies. It was like my first time getting laid. And then poof, that ***** dumped me. I have never been that hot on a golf course. And I will never be again.
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
Don't play golf with your girlfriend. That's all I'm going to say.
Rubble
AG
Legalize-It-Ags said:

Don't play golf with your girlfriend. That's all I'm going to say.

Yeah, my wife doesn't like it when I do that either.
Legett79
AG
New to golf. Took 3 lessons with wife. Played for the first time today. What a rollercoaster. Hit one good shot about every 3 holes. I shot a 111 and was ready to quit. Now I can't quit thinking about it. **** golf
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
you shot 111 on your first round ever? not bad and welcome to the club.
lazuras_dc
AG
Yea if that is a legit score then you are ahead of the curve. Congrats.

Also rule #1
Legett79
AG
Forgot about rule #1. Luckily I'm old and don't know how to post pics. Just know that I out kicked my Coverage
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
'03ag
Probably should go on the I love golf thread too. My best 9 ever is a 45. My best round is 93.

Been putting in a lot of work, especially with driver.

Today I shot 42-51. Started the back triple, triple,
double, double.

Then I hit the green from a fairway bunker. 4 putt double.
AustinCountyAg
Made it out to Pecan Lakes over the weekend (course in very good shape, minus the gravel bunkers) and had a good, annoying round of golf. Shot one over on the front nine with 8 pars and one bogey. Missed a couple good birdie chances. Ok. Cool. Then proceeded to bogey 10-15 and double 18 for a nice 81.

Damn this game.
mazag08
AG
Weather was so good yesterday I was dying to get out and play.

Never did.

F golf!
Legett79
AG
Played my second ever round of golf Saturday. Lady Bird course in Fredericksburg. Found the bunker on damn near every hole. Found the water on the others. Quit keeping score after 4 lost balls and score was 118 with 2 holes to play. I went to the driving range the day before and felt pretty good about how I was swinging. If wanted more frustration in my life I could keep working and fishing more without adding this ***** **** golf.
TMan86
AG
TPC Las Colinas #7. 480 yard par 5, uphill. Nice drive but for the first time ever, blasted a 3 wood up on to the green...on in two with a great look at an eagle...3 putt F GOLF.
'03ag
Pfft.

The one and only time I reached a par 5 in two, I made a 7.

#5 on Witworth at Trophy Club.
TMan86
AG
Damn....ok, I don't feel as bad. Lol
Rubble
AG
'03ag said:

Pfft.

The one and only time I reached a par 5 in two, I made a 7.

#5 on Witworth at Trophy Club.

Not sure if I should laugh, or cry, or both

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.