F GOLF

168,454 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
dc509
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had a day to forget at work, and usually swinging the clubs cools me off a little bit. At the range I sent one straight sideways into the divider between me and the next guy. I gave the remaining thirty or balls to a kid on the Wilson HS golf team.
B$Weigem
AG
With the help of a couple bounces off the cart path my drive ended up about 80 yards shy of the green on a par 5. My approach shot was slightly off the green about 40 ft from the hole. I then proceeded to 3-putt for a par..... F Golf
jgh85Ag
AG
40-56
agsalaska
AG
So the last 6 weeks or so I have played the worst golf of my life. Cant break 80. Everything has been between 80-83. LIke 8 straight rounds. The days of being a pretty good golfer seem long behind me. 4 years ago I had a stroke average under 76 on my last 20 rounds. Now, for the first time, it is over 80.

Friday we catch some good weather, 85 degrees in Temple with no wind. I go out and shoot a really easy 75. I didnt even feel like I played very good. But I had three birdies, 4 bogeys, and a double. Missed a few putts but made a few more. Everything is right in the world again. Or so I thought.

Come out yesterday in our Wednesday game and start Birdie Birdie. I had started with three staright bogeys in my last four rounds before the 75. Now I am -2 thru 2. And.... I triple 3, bogey 4, bogey 5. WTF? I hit it OB right on 3, which I never do, then 3 putted from 20 feet. Bladed a 9 iron over the back of 4, then 3 putt five. Par out for a 39.

OK, A 39. At this point breaking 80 is a goal. So why not start out the back by hitting it OB on 10? Another ball OB right. I haven't hit two balls OB right in the last 6 months. But I did yesterday. Then how about OB on 14? ughh.

81 with a triple and 3 doubles. F Golf!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
holy hell...i took a few lessons over the past couple of months and have been striking the ball really well for a while now, particularly my irons. started to have real confidence on the course and range, even beginning to play a nice draw.

went to the range today and was shanking everything. my swing didn't even feel like a golf swing...like i had never picked up a club before. a quarter of my swings ended up with only one hand on the grip. i was so in my head after 20 balls i thought about walking off and leaving the rest of my large bucket for someone who could actually use them...and i should have. it didn't get any better.

f golf.
Larry S Ross
AG
ruddyduck said:

holy hell...i took a few lessons over the past couple of months and have been striking the ball really well for a while now, particularly my irons. started to have real confidence on the course and range, even beginning to play a nice draw.

went to the range today and was shanking everything. my swing didn't even feel like a golf swing...like i had never picked up a club before. a quarter of my swings ended up with only one hand on the grip. i was so in my head after 20 balls i thought about walking off and leaving the rest of my large bucket for someone who could actually use them...and i should have. it didn't get any better.

f golf.

It wasn't you if that helps. I found the range balls you left and I shanked everyone too. Sorry ass golf balls.
PJYoung
AG
Today my buddy started out his round with 7 straight pars (in 20mph wind) and then missed a 2 foot putt for par on 8.

Yadda yadda yadda, carded an 88.
agsalaska
AG
My F golf struggles continue.

Had a nice enough round going on Friday. Started with 7 pars and a bogey. +1 after 8. 9 is a very reachable par 5. I pounded a driver right down the pipe. I cant hit it much harder. There is water left and OB right but it's a pretty wide fairway.

Anyway we get up there and, no ball. Gone. The other drives are there. Not mine. We have no idea what happened to it. But we are betting and it's a lost ball. Take a 7.

Ok. 39. I can recover. 10 is 422 yards dow hill and dead down wind. Hit the exact same drive. Red ass pounded it. Hit it to 12 feet!! Fairways were real firm and I obviously got a great roll out of it but damn!. Hit a good putt but it hopped right when it should have broke a little left and stayed out. Easy birdie. Fair enough. +2 after 10.

Hit another nice drive on 11. But went bogey, par, bogey, bogey, bogey, double, bogey, birdie. Shoot 80
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Roger Goodell
agsalaska said:

My F golf struggles continue.

Had a nice enough round going on Friday. Started with 7 pars and a bogey. +1 after 8. 9 is a very reachable par 5. I pounded a driver right down the pipe. I cant hit it much harder. There is water left and OB right but it's a pretty wide fairway.

Anyway we get up there and, no ball. Gone. The other drives are there. Not mine. We have no idea what happened to it. But we are betting and it's a lost ball. Take a 7.

Ok. 39. I can recover. 10 is 422 yards dow hill and dead down wind. Hit the exact same drive. Red ass pounded it. Hit it to 12 feet!! Fairways were real firm and I obviously got a great roll out of it but damn!. Hit a good putt but it hopped right when it should have broke a little left and stayed out. Easy birdie. Fair enough. +2 after 10.

Hit another nice drive on 11. But went bogey, par, bogey, bogey, bogey, double, bogey, birdie. Shoot 80

If you are upset with an 80, you need to take a chill pill. You aren't getting a tour card anytime soon. Just enjoy the game my friend.
Poot
With all due respect... there are different kinds of 80's. Only guessing here... but I doubt agalaska runs the to F golf thread every time he doesn't break 80...

But when you feel like you've got some game about you that day, and 72 or so is realistic... shooting 8 worse than that is excrutiatingly frustrating.

Don't have it that day and shoot a bad score? That's one thing. Spoil a possibly good day... totally another.

Put it this way... I've been prouder about some 84's I've that shot than several 74's... It's all relative.
Poot
More on topic...

78 with 39 putts 2 rounds ago.

81 with 28 putts on Friday.

F GOLF
agsalaska
AG
Is it OK to tell someone to F off on the F golf thread?
khaos288
AG
agsalaska said:

Is it OK to tell someone to F off on the F golf thread?
It's right proper lad. In keeping spirit with the game.
agsalaska
AG
Just because I can kick your ass on my worst day doesn't mean I should be ok about having a bad day.
Yesterday
AG
80* with little wind and I'm taking care of kids. F kids. But not literally NSA.
jj9000
AG
Feel like we're veering off course a bit on this thread.

This thread is intended for cursing...despair...pain...feelings of helplessness...bad breaks...hating the game...wanting to quit...loss of self control...throwing clubs (looking at you khaos)...self
pity...and an overall distain for golf.
khaos288
AG
Trying to limit myself to cursing and despair this year after bending that prototype shaft and paying the dumb dumb tax
bagger05
AG
Didn't happen to me but feel like this clip of Jeff Maggert embodies the spirit of the thread.

agsalaska
AG
How about 6 bogeys with SW or less in my hand. Bogeyed 3 of the last 4 including both downwind par 5s. Another 80.
justcallmeharry
S

If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
wsjag
AG
Walking past the golf course to work I slipped on the ice and broke my tibia fibula and ankle.

Laid up 6-8 weeks after surgery, no driving (a car) until probably June...golf may be out the window this year

F Golf
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
you win the thread.
Yesterday
AG
wsjag said:

Walking past the golf course to work I slipped on the ice and broke my tibia fibula and ankle.

Laid up 6-8 weeks after surgery, no driving (a car) until probably June...golf may be out the window this year

F Golf

Jesus. Thoughts and prayers man
STX Ag
AG
Hit 5/9 GIR on the back 9. Shot 48.

Can't let this thread die.

**** Golf (And Putting)
Post removed:
by user
hot dog
AG
My swing is completely gone. Zero confidence in anything longer than an 8 iron.
elchucoag93
AG
Shot 77 about a year ago. First and only time I've broken 80. The f***in' shanks got me bad and now having trouble breaking 100. Last round eagled the 1st, a par 5. Should've gone home or hit the clubhouse then, ended with a 103. F*** this!!
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Long time lurker of this thread....not because I haven't had anything to say either.

Finally introducing myself with my first round over 82 in a few years....shot a 95 with drive after drive pushed right behind every tree imaginable. Hit my irons very well just very unlucky positions to be in.

The worst part.....I had two 4-putts... and eight 3 putts.....yeah you read that correctly. I knew I was doomed when I hit everything perfectly on the range and then my first drive was pushed right but still recovered for a short birdie putt only to end up doubling the hole.

F GOLF.
bagger05
AG
elchucoag93 said:

Shot 77 about a year ago. First and only time I've broken 80. The f***in' shanks got me bad and now having trouble breaking 100. Last round eagled the 1st, a par 5. Should've gone home or hit the clubhouse then, ended with a 103. F*** this!!

This is what this thread is all about. What a stupid game.
Yesterday
AG
salloh_tamu said:

Long time lurker of this thread....not because I haven't had anything to say either.

Finally introducing myself with my first round over 82 in a few years....shot a 95 with drive after drive pushed right behind every tree imaginable. Hit my irons very well just very unlucky positions to be in.

The worst part.....I had two 4-putts... and eight 3 putts.....yeah you read that correctly. I knew I was doomed when I hit everything perfectly on the range and then my first drive was pushed right but still recovered for a short birdie putt only to end up doubling the hole.

F GOLF.

Short birdie 4 putt? Takes skill!
hot dog
AG
Lost my pitching wedge somehow. F GOLF
Yesterday
AG
In a big rut right now. I have an issue that they call "****ing the cow." (Google it) My hips move towards the ball instead of towards the target. This causes me to lose power and shank random balls. Still shot an 82 today but it was very up n down grindy 82. Only hit 2 greens. The bad part is I can't fully release my driver and that takes a lot of fun out of golf.

F golf.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Hit 12 of 14 FW long and straight. But can't hit greens for nothing. Finished with first triple in about 15 rounds. Index trending up to 3.2 from 2.6.

Shot a piss poor 84.

F Golf
Shelton98
AG
Getting back into golf after a long layoff. Scores have been consistently getting better.... 85, 83, 81 in the last 3 rds, until yesterday. Played a new, beast of a course called Tempest in Gladewater. Ate my lunch. Took me 3 swings to get out of a greenside bunker... twice. Skulled one about 50 yards over the green from another. Shot 100.

F golf.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Tempest is tough. I played there about a month ago. Felt like I hit it well and still shot 88. Took me two shots to get out of bunkers twice. And having never played there got into trouble off the tee a few times on shots I thought were perfect.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.