F GOLF

168,459 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
jgh85Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a guy in our group that had 2 chances for eagle on par 5s in the same round. Not long puts either, within 25 feet. Now when you fail to get at least a birdie, you have Rangeled the hole. We might have to rename it in your honor.
zgolfz85
AG
Driver off the deck is quickly becoming my best shot. I honestly don't know if that should go in the F Golf or Love Golf thread. I hit it for the first time ever on a throwaway round after a few too many libations as a joke a few weeks back and bombed it off the deck dead straight a good 250 or so. Forgot about it and busted it out again on both par 5s on my Friday round. Right on the money both times. Tried it again yesterday and driver was off the first 4-5 holes and first try popped it straight up and caught my own ball. Tried it again on the late round par 5 and got within 5 ft from the pin about 260 out.

While it's become a bit of a party starter with my usual golf group and while I admire the ability to drill one of the more challenging shots in the game seldom even seen on tour....I'm also insanely depressed that my driver off the deck is head and shoulders higher quality than my average wedge shot from 50 yds and in.

So, f golf or love golf on this one?
Texas Ag 15
AG
Shot 74 two weekends ago at Woodbridge in Wylie with a 1 under on the back. Played this past Saturday at some course with an ugly 86 where just nothing was going right. The 86 could also be related to several beverages being consumed with some buddies. May have to start making a choice of if i want to play a good round have to limit myself to very few if any drinks on course...
Westicles
AG
Have followed this thread forever but not sure I've ever posted. Finally have a reason too.

I've got the shanks folks. Bad. Can't hit a ball, and I've totally lost it. 5-6 handicap and no way I could break 100 right now. Quit after 4 holes and 3 shanks the other day and called my pro and going to spend a lot of time in the lab figuring out my ****ty swing. Golf is a dirty wh*re sometimes.
bagger05
AG
Texas Ag 15 said:

Shot 74 two weekends ago at Woodbridge in Wylie with a 1 under on the back. Played this past Saturday at some course with an ugly 86 where just nothing was going right. The 86 could also be related to several beverages being consumed with some buddies. May have to start making a choice of if i want to play a good round have to limit myself to very few if any drinks on course...

Woodbridge is kinda tight in a lot of places. And there's no punching out of those trees. If you're not real straight off the tee it can be a tough day.

And I don't think I've ever seen a course that retains water like Woodbridge. I've played that place when there's been no rain for a month and it felt like a swamp.
Poot
TMan86 said:

TPC Las Colinas #7. 480 yard par 5, uphill. Nice drive but for the first time ever, blasted a 3 wood up on to the green...on in two with a great look at an eagle...3 putt F GOLF.

Welcome to the world of stress free pars!
Poot
Sorry to hear that.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
49-37. Best nine ever.
(Back nine was a par 35)

From eff golf to.... golf, eff yeah.
jgh85Ag
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

49-37. Best nine ever.
(Back nine was a par 35)

First time I broke 40, I went 38-48 at Tapatio.
'03ag
Been inching closer to breaking 90. Finally have my driver working decently.

Went out yesterday and had my best ball striking day ever. Getting very comfortable with my distances. Despite some really nasty wind I hit 7 greens, 10 if you consider teeshot penalties, but hit the green on approach. 2 more times on the fringe in regulation. Unfortunately had my worst short game day of the year by a mile.

ended up with a 97.

I counted 9 stokes lost to things that I just never struggle with. I'm not talking about 3 putts from 80 ft. That's gonna happen to hackers fairly often. I'm talking about 3 putting from 20-30 feet. Absolutely no feel for distance with putter or chipping. double chips when being only a few feet off the green in regulation. leaving lags 15 ft short all day. Things that haven't happened to me all year. F this
jja79
AG
My teenager bogeyed 17 and 18 today to finish 1 over par 73 at Traditions. He had a few F golf bombs to drop driving back to the clubhouse.
zgolfz85
AG
shot 81 again today for third time this season, which is also my best round score all time. Just can't get 80 or better! Just astonishing how I'll have 2-3 ring out putts in these types of rounds to ensure I don't hit it. Oh well....used to say the same about 90, so I'll take it.
Duckhook
AG
I'm a low single digit, but have been struggling a little lately. My member-guest was this weekend and my partner and I made it to the 12 team shootout. About 30 carts of golfers and spectators zooming around as we all tee off in the alternate shot format. Talk about herding cats, as the pro was trying to keep up with who was away, who layed how many, trying to keep everybody out of the line of play for the next guy to hit, etc, etc.

I hit a good drive, and my partner hits it in a green side bunker. My sand game is the worst part of my game by far right now. 3 teams will be eliminated on the first hole, and as the hole progresses it's obvious that a score of 6 will survive to go to the next hole. My job is to just get it anywhere on the green. I proceed to hit this cold skull that goes OB behind the green. Talk about a humbling experience! My partner has to replay the sand shot and hits it to about 15 feet. I then drain the putt that does 2 things: 1) gets us to the next hole and 2) salvages a little bit of my dignity.

There was definitely about a 2 minute period there where I thought "F Golf!"

We wound up tying for 5th.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
1 under through 13 holes today. I then go bogey, triple, double, double, then end with a birdie for a 78. I've been stuck in that 75-79 range and I'm trying to break into the low 70's, so it's a little frustrating. Had something similar happen a few weeks ago. Even par through 14 and ended up 7 over for a 79.
Trinity Ag
S
Ol_Ag_02 said:

49-37. Best nine ever.
(Back nine was a par 35)

I got you, Fam...

Posted a 54-37 yesterday morning....

4 Triples and a Double on the Front. Six penalty strokes. Didn't par a hole until #10.

Hit 7 of 9 Greens in regulation on the back.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Duckhook said:

I'm a low single digit, but have been struggling a little lately. My member-guest was this weekend and my partner and I made it to the 12 team shootout. About 30 carts of golfers and spectators zooming around as we all tee off in the alternate shot format. Talk about herding cats, as the pro was trying to keep up with who was away, who layed how many, trying to keep everybody out of the line of play for the next guy to hit, etc, etc.

I hit a good drive, and my partner hits it in a green side bunker. My sand game is the worst part of my game by far right now. 3 teams will be eliminated on the first hole, and as the hole progresses it's obvious that a score of 6 will survive to go to the next hole. My job is to just get it anywhere on the green. I proceed to hit this cold skull that goes OB behind the green. Talk about a humbling experience! My partner has to replay the sand shot and hits it to about 15 feet. I then drain the putt that does 2 things: 1) gets us to the next hole and 2) salvages a little bit of my dignity.

There was definitely about a 2 minute period there where I thought "F Golf!"

We wound up tying for 5th.

This is a great story.
AgfromHOU
AG
Played for only the second time this year this past weekend. Couldn't hit anything. Finally got a GIR on #4, only to three putt.

On #7 I was 137 yards out. Perfect 8 iron distance for me. I hit it 155, dead straight and sailed over the green.

Glad I got to get out and play, but F golf
07fta07
AG
2 rounds in the 60's 2 weeks ago. Game felt great. Completely lost my swing and put up 2 in the 80's last week. Haven't been able to figure out what's going on. F golf.
Old Sarge
AG
r
Green is the new RED.
zgolfz85
AG
Irons have gone to hell lately...well minus my PW anyways. Don't get it. Been playing all covid era and was feeling like I'd figured the irons out and it became effortless and all of a sudden it's a good shot every 5 swings or so. Driver is better than ever. F golf, mostly
zgolfz85
AG
Welp, hit the par 3 today to get the irons back on track and did. Best iron play in last 7-8 rounds. That can only mean my driver will spray all day on Sunday cuz good irons and woods just don't happen in the same round, at least not in my world
agsalaska
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Welp, hit the par 3 today to get the irons back on track and did. Best iron play in last 7-8 rounds. That can only mean my driver will spray all day on Sunday cuz good irons and woods just don't happen in the same round, at least not in my world
You are totally ****ed on Sunday.
G Martin 87
AG
I was hitting my driver and putter in yesterday's round really well, starting with a par and birdie on the first two holes. Then had 3 triples with another birdie during the rest of the front nine. pfffft
'03ag
Rubble said:

'03ag said:

Pfft.

The one and only time I reached a par 5 in two, I made a 7.

#5 on Witworth at Trophy Club.

Not sure if I should laugh, or cry, or both
Cuz we could all use some levity I thought I'd diagram it.

This green is a full 100ft across, so even though I hit the green in two, I'm a solid 80ft away with a massive shelf in front of me.

Today I would be smart enough to settle for Par. That's a tough 2 putt for most any amateur. But I'm greedy and thinking birdie.

• Hitting 3 - Naturally I fail to get up the shelf and end up with the exact same putt basically.
  • Hitting 4 - Then blast it off the green into some fluffy rough.
  • Hitting 5 - At this point I should've gone back to the bag for wedge or something. A putter is going to get hung up in this grass. but I'm pissed and the bag is 150ft away. Barely get it on the green.
  • Hitting 6 - Tough downhill breaker from like 20 feet. I'm pissed and know I have no shot, but I get it inside 4 feet.
  • Hitting 7 - In the hole. It's dusk. I walk straight to the car.

agsalaska
AG
Now that is some really ****ty golf.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i usually just call that hole #1.
bagger05
AG
Played the other day and my driver was working decently for the first time in forever. Course was pretty short so it was a lot of driver/wedge.

Well the wedge game was garbage. Two holes I was inside 80 yards and ended up with a one-putt double with this gorgeous sequence.

Drive
Shank
Duff
Duff
Chip
Putt

But on a positive note whatever changes I made with my driver have me now hitting a super high weak fade with my irons so I'm about a club shorter with everything.

G Martin 87
AG
This thread is really good for my ego.
Rubble
AG
My previous response stands, because I've been there.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
bagger05 said:

Played the other day and my driver was working decently for the first time in forever. Course was pretty short so it was a lot of driver/wedge.

Well the wedge game was garbage. Two holes I was inside 80 yards and ended up with a one-putt double with this gorgeous sequence.

Drive
Shank
Duff
Duff
Chip
Putt

But on a positive note whatever changes I made with my driver have me now hitting a super high weak fade with my irons so I'm about a club shorter with everything.

Bet those approach shots really hold the green well, though, amirite?
'03ag
Been trying to break 90 for the first time. Generally played really well. Had a couple of triples but a lot of pars, a birdie, and my first ever EAGLE.

And a NINE on a par 3.

Shot 91

F golf.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Shot a 44 on the front with 2 doubles, just a couple of dumb tee shots got me in trouble. Included one penalty shot in the water and one drop for an unplayable lie.

On the back, shoot a 39. 7 pars (missed two very makeable birdie putts), 1 birdie, and a big fat ****ing snowman on a par four. Tee shot OB, re-tee and hit OB again. On that hole, OB shouldn't even be a consideration.
'03ag
'03ag said:

Been trying to break 90 for the first time. Generally played really well. Had a couple of triples but a lot of pars, a birdie, and my first ever EAGLE.

And a NINE on a par 3.

Shot 91

F golf.
Best day ever driving the ball. Decent short game. Bad iron play

Had it rolling on the back with pars on 4 of the last 5.

But 16 was a triple. Shot 91 again

@MeltdownAgs
AustinCountyAg
Well I'm back again. Shot my third round ever in the 70's today at raven nest. Shot a 79 with four three putts. All four of the three putts were with birdie opportunities. ****.
agsalaska
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Well I'm back again. Shot my third round ever in the 70's today at raven nest. Shot a 79 with four three putts. All four of the three putts were with birdie opportunities. ****.

Honestly I'm not sure that qualifies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.