F GOLF

168,496 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waterview in Rowlett. Easy hole really. Only 310 yards. OB down the left hand side and I just yanked it (twice).

I knew I had a good round going but I thought I probably needed a birdie in the last few holes to have a shot at 79. Also, driver is not exactly an overly aggressive play. Takes a pretty bad shot to put it OB and I hit two bad shots. Where the pin was if you hit a good drive it is a very straightforward up and down for birdie.

My third tee shot of course I put it way right and was boxed out by some trees. Punched it out and it clipped a tree and didn't get all the way out. Punched again and ended up in the green side bunker. Got up and down from the sand to save my quintuple bogey, though.
agracer
AG
Last night;
Par
Bogey (3-putt b/c I misjudged 2nd shot distance) and went long
Par
Par
Double
Bogey
Triple (drive into lateral hazzard)
Bogey
Bogey....

HTF do you nearly par the first 4 holes but finish +9 !!!
khaos288
AG
quote:
Last night;
Par
Par
Par
Double
Bogey
Bogey
Bogey....

Daily?

Easily?

What kind of descriptor are we looking for here?
hot dog
AG
Did a little 2 man scramble with a friend yesterday, -7 going into 18 with no bogeys and we end up tripling the hole to end the day.
03_Aggie
quote:
Last night;
Par
Par
Par
Double
Bogey
Bogey
Bogey....

Well I did it Monday by going:

Par
Bogey
Par
Par
Bogey
Double
Triple
Double
Par
CapCityAg89
AG
My eight over front was:
Double (I HATE starting double - F golf)
Bogie
Par
Par
Double
Par
Bogie (F-ing 3 putt)
Par
Double

Four pars, three f-ing doubles and 2 bogies.

Then triple 10 and double 12. Then +1 with a whip cream birdie on the rest of the back.

Consistency I ain't got.
Post removed:
by user
agsalaska
AG
I have finally been playing pretty well last 3 rounds were 74, 75, 73. Get in the 4th of July game today. We doubled the bet and had 21 players in the men's game where we average 12. Shoot a 39 on the front but played better than that. Birdie 10. 2 of my last 5 rounds on the back have been 32 and 33. Have 6 straight 9s and 9 of 10 in the 30s. All I need is a strong finish and me and my partner are set. Shoot 42 on the back and we lose the $300 pot by 3 shots. I shoot 39 and we push. I play the last 8 4 over and we win the $300 pot . Play the last 8 1 over and we win $500 pot. But no. I shoot 40 freaking 2. My partner shoots 74 net 69. I blew it. He plays lights out and I cannot keep the ball out of the hazard. OB on 12. Water on 15. Water on 17. Chilli dip a chip on 13 and 18. Absolutely the worst 9 I have played since May at the worst time.

F golf.
agsalaska
AG
It is 7:45 the next morning, and F golf again.
Yesterday
AG
Hey, if you won every time they'd just call it winning instead of Golf. Let me know if you need to hock those clubs for your gambling debts.
agsalaska
AG
If it ever gets to that point don't expect to collect any interest.
ClassOf17
Played at Twin Rivers in Waco today. 38 on the front after a double on number 1....

Shot a 44 on the back with a 10 on par 4 number 12.

F golf
t - cam
AG
quote:
Played at Twin Rivers in Waco today. 38 on the front after a double on number 1....

F golf

that 10 will have you losing sleep. even a 7 gets you in the 70's
ClassOf17
quote:
quote:

F golf

that 10 will have you losing sleep. even a 7 gets you in the 70's

Especially after an 80 at Lake Waco last weekend. So close..
agsalaska
AG
Oh yea *****es. I shot a ****ing 91 today. Ninety ****ing one. Everything was fine thru 5 even though I had two 3 putts and a shank on 4. But I had no reason to think the wheels were about to fall off

Hole 6 170 to the hole. 7 iron. Shank ed the first one off the hozzel OB. Repeat on the second one. Hit my third right of the green. Chipped up and 3 putted for a 9.

Hole 7. 400 yard par 4. Shank ed a 3 iron off the tee off the hozzel OB. Pulled out a 5 wood and hit it down the middle. Then shanked a 9 iron off the hozzel in the hazard. SW left of green. Decent chip miss putt. 9.

So I went 9-9 on a 3-4

I then went par-birdie-par-par-double-par-par-bogey-par.

Hole 17 I shank off the hozzel a 9 iron OB. Triple.

Par 18.

Before my what I thought was a blowup 81 on the 4th I had gone 74-75-73.

I shot a net 89 today.

F golf.

And this was in the first round of a 2 day tournament. Can't ****ing wait for tomorrow.
Mr.Bond
AG
Shot a 91 yesterday..... Worst round in years for me. I must have had 8 drops
jj9000
AG
Sadly, I can relate to almost that entire post.

Yesterday...9 holes after work...Par 5 hole with 210 in. Pulled a 4 iron and hit it 45*...thank goodness those folks have a big ass tree in their yard because it came in hot and hit the tree.

Next hole...Par 3 with an adjacent street along the right side. Welp...cleared the road off the tee and hit the front side of a house on the other side of the damn street.

Shafts have been pulled already.

F Golf!!!
Yesterday
AG
I need to stop checking this thread before I play from now on. I shot a 94 today. First time in the nineties in a long damn time. The worse part is that I lost 5 balls on two holes...two freaking holes. It was one of those days where I played bad and I had a lot of bad luck. Balls behind trees, bad freak bounces OB etc. ughhh
jonj101
Played in another AM Tour event this past weekend at the Golf Club of Houston. I've started taking lessons with Neal Wilkins, so I'm trying to incorporate changes and still in the process, so I played terrible. I'm trying to accept that it is part of the change and punch through it and the frustration.

However the most annoying thing is that despite being in the C flight for handicaps of 14-18.9, the winner of our flight shoots a 77. I haven't broken 80 yet period, so beating that in a tournament round is unlikely for me at this point.
bagger05
AG
My low round came in a tournament. Sometimes that extra bit of focus is what it takes to elevate your game.
eye-gor
AG
Handicap Index of 4.8. Played at Old American (first time) yesterday afternoon and carded a 95. Can't remember the last time I played that poorly. So many swing thoughts in my head right now that I have decided to take a week or so off to clear the mind.
CapCityAg89
AG
I was working remotely this week and Tuesday managed to get out about 5. The course I played was wide open and I eventually finished in a bit over three hours (walking) and even shot Ok. But I absolutely HATED the course.

Every single fu**ing hole was threaded between houses. There were long walks green to tee. Tee boxes overgrown. Greens inconsistent on the same green. Holes 3 paces from the edges on down slopes.

I've never been so tempted to just quit. If I wasn't walking, I'd have just bailed. Horrible.

I'm not sure about F golf here, but it damn sure means F bad golf courses.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Shot 78 at Greatwood Golf Club in Houston today. Fisrt time to beak 80 in a year.
Poot
What does that have to do with F'ing golf?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Tired of missing iron shots on the toe. Striped the ball last night during my lesson, today toe shot city. F golf!
khaos288
AG
Posted in the mid 80s 4 times out of 7 rounds. Last 4 rounds I've struggled to break 100
ORAggieFan
My dad has never shot par, currently an 8. Was - through 11 today and finished 4 over after three doubles.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Just proceeded to have one of my best ball striking sessions ever at the range. This game is so maddening. Bowling is looking better than ever.
t - cam
AG
This weekend I shot 65 in what should have been a major clinching round and this ass hat I'm playing with rolls in 10 birdies and basically blows me out of the water.

F Golf indeed.
ORAggieFan
Awesome few weeks of practice and I go off and fire my worst round in years yesterday, 2 weeks before a tourney.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
This weekend I shot 65 in what should have been a major clinching round and this ass hat I'm playing with rolls in 10 birdies and basically blows me out of the water.

F Golf indeed.

Nice.
t - cam
AG
quote:
quote:

F Golf indeed.

Nice.
I felt Mickelson deserved some representation on this thread.
AustinCountyAg
Shot two of my best rounds ever in the past two weeks....went out and played nine holes this morning and it was bad. Began slicing my irons and even had a few shanks. I haven't shanked a ball in months and my miss with my irons are usually hooks. I have no idea where this over the top action came from today..... **** golf
K Bo
AG
50/36 today. LOL.
khaos288
AG
55-44. At least I left the course feeling like my slump was ending. The new driver is getting straighter, but I can't figure out the distance on the new putter for the life of me. 5 3 putts today. I usually hit 1-2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.