F GOLF

168,494 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quit playing softball tournaments last year. Spent the last 7 months practicing and getting lessons.

Play in one softball tournament last weekend as a favor thinking it can't mess with my swing that bad.

First round back yesterday and it was worse than ever. WTF

Back to the range today to try and get back in the slot. Yesterday started with hooks, then pulls, then pull hooks, then shanks before I just quit keeping score.

I did chip in from 30 yards so there's that
Norbert
AG
Why can you lose a sleeve of 3 brand new $4 balls in first 3 holes. And then play with a scrap ball for next 5 holes and not lose it. Then decide to try another new sleeve to start back nine, and lose those 3 in next 3 holes and then play rest of round with another scrap ball. F Golf.
jja79
jja79
AG

Rusty GCS
AG
I don't know why but it can be plotted. The newer and more expensive the golf ball, the more likely it is to be lost.

Pro V-1s go immediately in the water or woods.
A waterlogged range ball you shoved in your bag for your kid to hit can be played for a minimum of 3 rounds.
jja79
AG
That's because it's so heavy you can't hit it out of your line of sight.
Norbert
AG
But seriously this guy Mike Bender Golf on instagram or mikebender.com is the best online instruction I have seen. highly recommend watching his short videos and working his easy drills. I have watched maybe an hour worth of his videos overall and I hit my irons SO much better now. Way more consistent and straighter. he explains it very simply. I have shaved ~5-6 strokes off my game in last two months. From 21-22 to 16-17 handicap.
Rusty GCS
AG
Seriously I hate golf. I don't know a single person with a game as volatile as mine. I can shoot 85 one day and the next day not be able to hit a ball well enough to finish a single hole.

aggietony2010
AG
First round after a few months off was at Troon North. Felt good on the range, but the low sky made it hard to see my ball flight.

Started bogey, par and start feeling a bit cocky.

Then I figured out why I couldn't see many of my warmup shots. Turns out I had a nasty case of the pull hooks. A dozen balls later I turn in a 115.
Rusty GCS
AG
My home course range faces due East. Can't see anything warming up at 8:00 AM. I always try and head to one side of the range and hit back SE or NE so I can see a ball flight.
Danny Vermin
Holed out from 70 yards for Birdie today at Riverchase with a hot cart girl and the group in front of us watching from the next tee box . They made it a point to walk over and give me a fist bump when we pulled up! I love this game!
Poot
Obligatory "wrong thread."
BreNayPop
AG
Had a nice round going and needed a 6 on the final par 5 to win my match against a higher ranked opponent. Hit it under a pine tree and just tried to play safely forward but the old "hidden pine cone" embedded just under my ball opened my club face and shot it right out of bounds by a foot. Stuck the next shot but missed the bogie putt. Made double to lose my match in the quarterfinals. 78 should've been 76. Ugh!

F golf
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Holed out from 70 yards for Birdie today at Riverchase with a hot cart girl and the group in front of us watching from the next tee box . They made it a point to walk over and give me a fist bump when we pulled up! I love this game!

Sounds like you need to work on your GIR. F golf.
aggietony2010
AG
Lost a golf ball today.

Playing indoor simulator golf.
BostonAg
AG
way I describe my game

Either sublime or ludicrous, on the same hole ....
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I haven't hit a ball in almost three years, but I went out to ride with my son during his round yesterday. I didn't play because I'm nursing a bad knee and didn't want to damage it further. Ego got the best of me and I tried to hit a tee ball on a par 5. Took 3 or 4 smooth practice swings and the body felt ok, but I told myself to keep it smooth and just try to make good contact. Somewhere between the top of my swing and the downswing, I must have blacked out (mentally). As I analyzed the results I was holding my groin and trying to get my wits about me. I hit a glorious drop kicked smoother hook and now have a testicle residing behind my left eye. F Golf.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
KaneIsAble
AG
We got rules man...
jgh85Ag
AG
No pics is good with us.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
highvelocity
AG
drove a par 4 green yesterday (325 to the front) and ended up with a 12 foot putt for eagle. ended up paring the hole. F GOLF
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
Rusty GCS
AG
highvelocity said:

drove a par 4 green yesterday (325 to the front) and ended up with a 12 foot putt for eagle. ended up paring the hole. F GOLF
I had a 15' eagle putt Saturday. I've never made an eagle somehow. It's ridiculous really.

The putt was downhill and breaking hard. I made the decision to lag it close and take the easy birdie. So dumb. I'll never remember that birdie. I would've remembered that eagle forever.

Then (per my other thread) I got fatigued late in the round and didn't even post a good score. It was just the 6th or 7th best score in my last 20. Easily replaceable. Should've gone for the eagle!
highvelocity
AG
always. go. for. the. eagle!
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
bagger05
AG
And come to this thread to tell us all about the four-putt bogey (yes I have had one of those).
highvelocity
AG
I had a couple of +4s the other day that were really disheartening. I've gotten to the point where I'll string a couple of good holes together then I'll just fall apart for a couple then it's back to having my **** together
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Took a week off after playing in the Utah mountains for 5 days. Felt good to take 8 days off

14 Index. Traditions. Last 20 rounds 83-92. Haven't broke 80 in 10 years

Tee it up with my regular group Friday 3rd

38 front. Standing on 16 tee box at +6 for the day.

Naturally proceed to double 16 and 17. Then, stick my approach on 18 to about 18".

F Golf
AG
I've been playing just 9 holes the last month coming off a long break. Finally played 18 yesterday. I was +5 through 10 holes and proceed to break down quickly. I played the last 8 holes +15 to finish at a 92.
F golf
Muy
AG
Everytime I have a good round and say "I am avoiding triple bogeys is why!", I have a triple bogey.

F golf.
clobby
AG
Just started playing this year and have only broken 100 once with a 99. Today I decided to walk (bought a push cart for my breaking 99 accomplishment) and shot a 43 on the front 9 and then fell apart with a 62 on the back for a nice 105. I think I got tired.

f golf
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I've never broken 80... I've shot it on the number once and had a couple of 81s.

Had a great round going this morning and was +6 thru 14 with the easiest Par 3 on the course coming up. Pulled my tee shot left into the hazzard, then missed my up and down putt by a hair and ended up with a double. Then proceeded to pull hook my next tee shot OB and end up with another double on a par 5 that I have birdied or pared the last 5 rounds I've played.

Ended up with an 83.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I've never broken 80... I've shot it on the number once and had a couple of 81s.

Had a great round going this morning and was +6 thru 14 with the easiest Par 3 on the course coming up. Pulled my tee shot left into the hazzard, then missed my up and down putt by a hair and ended up with a double. Then proceeded to pull hook my next tee shot OB and end up with another double on a par 5 that I have birdied or pared the last 5 rounds I've played.

Ended up with an 83.

F Golf.

But the sure way to ruin your round is when your focus is on the score instead of focusing and doing what you're supposed to do: make the swing you know how to.

When you protect the score and start thinking I have to Par Par. Etc, you're going to lost likely throw in a big #. Don't let 80 be your focus.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Ended up with an 83.

F Golf.

But the sure way to ruin your round is when your focus is on the score instead of focusing and doing what you're supposed to do: make the swing you know how to.

When you protect the score and start thinking I have to Par Par. Etc, you're going to lost likely throw in a big #. Don't let 80 be your focus.

Man, don't I know that. Each one of those 80s and 81s were the same way. Suddenly I look up and think that today might be the day I finally break 80…. Then I immediately throw up a big number on a hole.
Muy
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Ended up with an 83.

F Golf.

Man that is my biggest problem. The last several (4-5) rounds I've shot low 40's on the front, start thinking "I'm going to shoot in the mid-80's (never done it before)" and end up with high 40's or low 50's on the back. Every. Damn. Time.
AggieDruggist89
AG
F Golf,

I'm the opposite. I'm a perennial 41-36. Typically start off Bogey Bogey Bogey. So buddies and I discussed extensively and decided that next round, I'm getting to the course hour to hour and half early, warm up - about 30 swings, then I will try to play 9 holes on the driving range. Driver-3H, Driver-4H, Driver-3wd-GW... Etc.

I can't say I've blown up last few holes to miss my goal score during the past 3 years except twice when I started with both rounds with 33 thinking I'm going to shoot 66. Both times I shot 78.

But here's the mental game strategy I learned that changed my approach to how I play. This is the single best mental game approach I've learned in my life. And Chew Gum.

Rusty GCS
AG
I have never shot in the 70s. So many close calls.

Today I'm +2 through 12

13 - bogey. shanked drive. Amazing I saved bogey
14 - bogey. Great drive. Missed green. Missed 7' for par.
15 - bogey. 190 yard Par 3 with wind in face. Approach got a bad kick off the back slope.
16 - bogey. Missed green from 117. Missed from 12' for par.
17 - bogey. Bad drive but got out of trouble and missed 9' for par. Looked center cup but was lacking pace to hold it's line. Died left at the cup.
18 - bogey. Hole high 30 yards left in 2 on a par 5. Approach is 25' all down hill. Lagged it to 4'. Putt looked center cup. It did an entire 360 loop around the hole and stopped with 1/4 of the ball hanging over the cup for a disappointing 80.

I only had 27 putts today because of missing greens. But I needed one more to fall. So many putts that did everything but go in the hole on the last 6 holes. My downfall was all those putts were downhill so I couldn't get aggressive with them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.