F GOLF

168,488 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
girlgolfer12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I, too, can confirm! I was there Saturday!
khaos288
AG
girlgolfer12 said:

I, too, can confirm! I was there Saturday!

Almost have to ask any one who gets paired up with us if they're especially offended by anything.
White Liberals=The Worst
Such a stupid stupid game

Been playing the best golf of my life lately, knocking on the door of breaking 80 several times, made three eagles in less than a month, then cousin comes into town who I haven't played with in 3-4 years (prob have never broken 100 when playing with him). We go out yesterday afternoon for a late 9 holes at Memorial Park, weather is beautiful, and we're both playing pretty even on the first 3 holes, then I shank a simple straight 25 yd chip shot. Then I start hitting every full iron shot extremely fat. Around hole 5 or 6, it starts feeling like I am holding a completely foreign object in my hands and I am learning golf for the first time. HATE HATE HATE GOLF.
agsalaska
AG
I hate this game. I played 6 holes, 3 with two balls, so 9 holes on Thursday in pretty heavy winds and hit the ball pretty good.

Go out there Saturday, draw a pretty good partner, and start out smooth. I am E after 8 and have a stupid bogey on the par 5 9th but shoot 37 on the front. Hit a good drive on 10 and am 122 in. Double freaking bogey. Off come the wheels. I bogey 11. I hit it in the water and bogey 15. I hit it OB and triple 16. I am a 9 iron out on 17 and double. Shoot 45 on the back. 37-45.

So then a couple of us go out after we eat and play 9 more. I am green side in 2 on the par 5 1st hole and bogey. I then proceed to hit 8 straight greens and make two birdies. I could have made a 3rd but two putts won the hole and we were trying to beat the darkness so I just tapped a 6 foot birdie putt without lining it up and we went on.

Wheels are on. Wheels come off. Wheels come back on.
shaynew1
AG
agsalaska said:

Wheels are on. Wheels come off. Wheels come back on.

The majority of my winter rounds have been wheels in flames rolling past me.

Are you going to play in the txam qualifier at wildflower?
CapCityAg89
AG
What was that about the toughest 7 inches in golf?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
My sunday round was complete crap. No facets of the game were working.

I think I have back spasms.
tandy miller
AG
Played sunday, somehow reached a 546 yard par 5 in 2 (2nd shot w/ 3w landed on downslope and got about 75 yards of roll). 10' left, made putt for first ever eagle. Played next 6 holes +14 for a 58 on the front. Shot a 44 on the back (very good for me). Golf is weird
AGTX
AG
Took my 3.5 yo for 9 on Sunday afternoon.

Teeing up for a par 3 guarded by water.

My son yells from the cart "Dad, you're going to hit it into the water!"

Me: "No I'm not, watch the ball will go over the water"

Me: skull the ball, ball screams into the water.

Son: leans out of the cart "TOLD YOU!"
F/lol at Golf.
tandy miller
AG
AGTX said:

F/lol at Golf.
Hilarious
t - cam
AG
AGTX said:

F/lol at Golf.
I am soo ready to play out this scenario. My son will be this age this summer.
khaos288
AG
F golf.

I went to the 9 hole course yesterday.

First nine holes was seriously the best 45 minutes of golf of my life. I hit 6 GIRs, and with three lipped out putts, I hit +3 (missed a bird on 9 with a lipper).

the next 9 hole were some of the worst golf I've ever played. The sun went down, so I was playing by the stadium lights they have out there. In the first 4 holes I hit 2 doubles. Two or three super fatties that went no where, and two pars. I got so over confident in my swing that I couldn't even hit the ball. Very frustrating.
tandy miller
AG
Played fort bend today (whites) and shot a 102... 56 on the front, 4 triples or worse... made the turn and shot a 46 on the back. Finished 18 and replayed the front 9, shot 44... could have potentially been my best round ever
t - cam
AG
tandy miller said:

Played fort bend today (whites) and shot a 102... 56 on the front, 4 triples or worse... made the turn and shot a 46 on the back. Finished 18 and replayed the front 9, shot 44... could have potentially been my best round ever

Nothing wrong with leaving out your warm up round.
tandy miller
AG
t - cam said:

tandy miller said:

Nothing wrong with leaving out your warm up round.

Hadn't hit my irons/driver in 2 weeks. Amazing how quickly you lose it if you don't keep Swing grooved. I had some absolutely embarrassing shanks. I almost went home after the first 9. Glad I didn't
AustinCountyAg
Played River Ridge this afternoon. Six over on the front nine and 14 over on the back. **** golf
agsalaska
AG
Il save the story. F golf. **** golf **** ****ing golf.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Came close to giving up in the middle of a round yesterday. Was spraying drives left and right. Had the shanks. Couldn't read greens and putts. On 18 I told myself I'm giving it up for a month...

Then I go and birdie 18 and can't wait to spend my money getting frustrated for another round.
Icecream_Ag
S
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Came close to giving up in the middle of a round yesterday. Was spraying drives left and right. Had the shanks. Couldn't read greens and putts. On 18 I told myself I'm giving it up for a month...

Then I go and birdie 18 and can't wait to spend my money getting frustrated for another round.
Dave? How did you get an Ag tag, you went to free shoes u??

that is damn near exactly what happened with one of my playing partners yesterday.
Icecream_Ag
S
to add my own F GOLF!

got my first round of the year in yesterday. Went out in a blazing 54. Driver was everywhere, wedges non-existent, putter stayed at the apartment.

Make the turn and come in with a much better 43. Driver mostly straight, wedges started working, putter decided a trip to mexico was in order, if found please return (and any hot coeds it happens to pick up are welcome as well).
shaynew1
AG
Headed out for my first round today also. I suspect I'll have some comments to add later.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Played Champion's Circle in Fort Worth on Saturday. Played like absolute dog ***** Quit keeping score after the turn. One of the worst rounds I can remember. **** this game.
shaynew1
AG
38 44 in a big wind in Waco. One birdie, no putts made, no skins, no bets won.

F golf. And putting.
White Liberals=The Worst
In recent months I have begun making the best iron contact of my life. For the vast majority of my golfing experience (8 yrs or so), I've been a plucker, but now it's usually ball first, solid divot, and I've added probably 10 yards just by making better contact and have better control than ever. Until I get the shanks. Now my bouts with the shanks, at least the past two weeks, seem to be more frequent. Not only that, my swing feels awesome and I am almost positive it's not a swing problem. And once I think about it, it's pretty much over, might as well just hit driver. So freaking frustrating and embarrassing. Few things more humiliating in all of sports than the f-ing shanks. It's the sports equivalent to impotence. F GOLF.

But before I quit the game for good, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Icecream_Ag
S
Turn your hat around backwards
Double knot your left shoe
Put all your change in your right pocket
khaos288
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

Turn your hat around backwards
Double knot your left shoe
Put all your change in your right pocket

Spare ball in right pocket. Phone in left pocket. No wallet.

All key to my striking
White Liberals=The Worst
Well I think I may have figured it out (for now at least) towards the end of my range session. I think in my effort to really strike down on the ball my body began shifting weight slightly towards the ball instead of in line with the target. F GOLF, aside from the last 4 balls I hit with this in mind. Now I can't wait to get back out there to work on it some more.
Aggie369
AG
Don't mutter, think, say, type, or whisper "I think I figured it out" you will be struck down immediately at your next attempt at golf by the golf gods.
CTGilley
AG
Aggie369 said:

Don't mutter, think, say, type, or whisper "I think I figured it out" you will be struck down immediately at your next attempt at golf by the golf gods.
It is true! They are still cursing me after muttering those words.
Icecream_Ag
S
Wycliffe_03 said:

Well I think I may have figured it out (for now at least) towards the end of my range session. I think in my effort to really strike down on the ball my body began shifting weight slightly towards the ball instead of in line with the target. F GOLF, aside from the last 4 balls I hit with this in mind. Now I can't wait to get back out there to work on it some more.
I'll make this simple.

Your head is getting in the way. Stop thinking and just hit the f'n ball.
White Liberals=The Worst
All good points
t - cam
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

Stop playing. It's the only way.
White Liberals=The Worst
t - cam said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

Permanently?
t - cam
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

t - cam said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

Permanently?

Yup, no reason to carry on. Throw clubs in a lake to make sure it's prominent.
Aggie1391
40 putts today. 40 f****** putts. 3 putted 4 times alone on the back nine. Only 3 pars all day...f golf.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.