F GOLF

168,500 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
DRE06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol. probably. I will say that the 76 I shot was with a guy I normally play with and his 2 guests. I'm sure the 2 guests that were about same HC as I was 8.5 & 10.2 weren't too pleased with my 76.
Buck Compton
AG
Played four rounds in Arizona recently. I am anywhere from a 12-15 handicap usually but had spent a lot of time working on the driver in the weeks leading up to the trip to make sure I stayed out of the desert out there...

• Best 9 holes of my life at a 38 at We-Ko-Pa Saguaro hitting every fairway and seven of nine greens, followed by a 52 (on a par 35) to not even break 90, including two quads and a triple on the card.
  • Next day at TPC Stadium, I carded a 50 on the par-35 front followed by tying the best 9 holes of my life at 38, including two eagles in the round and again hitting every single fairway.
  • Next day we play the TPC Champions with a pretty even 43-43, but I did drive a Par 4 and then proceeded to 3-putt it for par from 25 feet. Also hit it directly behind what seemed to be one of the only trees on the entire course.
  • Finished up back at We-Ko-Pa Cholla and lost the driver completely while the rest of my game came around while carding a 94. Not a single three putt on the card and had four up-and-downs and a pitch in. And somehow shot 94. Not sure if I was just tired by day 4, but this was a disheartening round.

Still haven't ever broken 80 (shot several 81s a few years ago), but with how well I felt I was playing, to never break 85 in Phoenix had me cursing this stupid game. Two legitimate chances to go low.

I haven't picked up the clubs in a few weeks after the 94.
Bad Poster
Buck Compton said:

Played four rounds in Arizona recently. I am anywhere from a 12-15 handicap usually but had spent a lot of time working on the driver in the weeks leading up to the trip to make sure I stayed out of the desert out there...

• Best 9 holes of my life at a 38 at We-Ko-Pa Saguaro hitting every fairway and seven of nine greens, followed by a 52 (on a par 35) to not even break 90, including two quads and a triple on the card.
  • Next day at TPC Stadium, I carded a 50 on the par-35 front followed by tying the best 9 holes of my life at 38, including two eagles in the round and again hitting every single fairway.
  • Next day we play the TPC Champions with a pretty even 43-43, but I did drive a Par 4 and then proceeded to 3-putt it for par from 25 feet. Also hit it directly behind what seemed to be one of the only trees on the entire course.
  • Finished up back at We-Ko-Pa Cholla and lost the driver completely while the rest of my game came around while carding a 94. Not a single three putt on the card and had four up-and-downs and a pitch in. And somehow shot 94. Not sure if I was just tired by day 4, but this was a disheartening round.

Still haven't ever broken 80 (shot several 81s a few years ago), but with how well I felt I was playing, to never break 85 in Phoenix had me cursing this stupid game. Two legitimate chances to go low.

This sounds like the same problem i have. I had 51 on the front nine the other day and then a 40 on the back 9. Its always something
Aggie1391
Played a round at Memorial last week after work. Started with the best 5 hole stretch I've ever had - birdie, birdie, eagle, par birdie. Proceeded to leak oil the next 13 holes and shoot 2 over.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Aggie1391 said:

Played a round at Memorial last week after work. Started with the best 5 hole stretch I've ever had - birdie, birdie, eagle, par birdie. Proceeded to leak oil the next 13 holes and shoot 2 over.

Almost a humble brag..
stick95
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Aggie1391 said:

Almost a humble brag..
Yeah, I'm not feeling very sorry for him either.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
agracer
AG
Bad Poster said:

Buck Compton said:

This sounds like the same problem i have. I had 51 on the front nine the other day and then a 40 on the back 9. Its always something
I do the same thing. I always seem to have 3-4 holes in a row where I completely blow up and take 10-12 strokes on those 4 holes otherwise I'm par/bogey golf the rest of the way. I've played rounds where where I'm 4 over after 7 and hitting the ball well, then 14 over after 11. Then 3-putt my last 7 holes and finish with a 90.
CapCity12thMan
AG
10-12 strokes on those 4 holes

…um that's pretty good actually
AggieDruggist89
AG
Played 36 on Saturday. Tripled the 18th both times for 81 and 76.

F GOLF!!!
agsalaska
AG
Maybe next time you should try a different approach on 18. One that doesn't ruin your entire round.

Just a suggestion
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
AggieDruggist89
AG
So on Sunday, I purposely played the 10th fairway and ended up in the fairway bunker 223 yards out from 18th pin. Parred it. I love golf.
agsalaska
AG
Ha
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
agracer
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

10-12 strokes on those 4 holes

…um that's pretty good actually
EXTRA STROKES.....
806aggie18
AG
I'm playing good golf right now. Bombing drives 300+, striking my irons well, and even have confidence in my putter. But damn if I can't hit a wedge. I pull out my 54 or 58 and stand over it and can't get the idea of a shank out of my head. I clueless on where to position the ball, or hold my hands at address. If I don't flat out shank it from 100 yards in, I still don't land anywhere in the vicinity of the hole. It's absolutely costing me 5-10 shots a round. 3 double bogeys cost my partner and I (he wasn't playing well) the win in the Presidents flight of our clubs 3 day tournament last week.
TecRecAg
AG
If you have nothing to get the ball over, pull out your hybrid and putt it. It's called golf, not golf shot. Do what gets you the lowest score. You aren't on tour.
AggieDruggist89
AG
806aggie18 said:

I'm playing good golf right now. Bombing drives 300+, striking my irons well, and even have confidence in my putter. But damn if I can't hit a wedge. I pull out my 54 or 58 and stand over it and can't get the idea of a shank out of my head. I clueless on where to position the ball, or hold my hands at address. If I don't flat out shank it from 100 yards in, I still don't land anywhere in the vicinity of the hole. It's absolutely costing me 5-10 shots a round. 3 double bogeys cost my partner and I (he wasn't playing well) the win in the Presidents flight of our clubs 3 day tournament last week.

Let me guess, you got Vo(Shank)eys..
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Dedicate a range day to 75-115 target practice. Truthfully, we should probably all do this weekly.
stick95
AG
My dog ate my golf shoes. F-ing dog.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I had six birdies yesterday and didn't win a skin
JCA1
AG
This is F golf in a roundabout way. I typically shoot in the low 90s but haven't picked up a club in about 3 months. Played yesterday in scorching heat and proceeded to start birdie, par, par, par, par. Ended up shooting 86, which is a very good round for me. I'm including this here because it seems the less golf I play, the better I am. When I'm playing weekly, I have trouble breaking 90, when I don't play for months, I got out and shoot in the mid-80s. I have no doubt my scores when start going back up when I start playing more regularly in the fall. Such an infuriating game.
Old Tom Morris
What's weird is that for 20 years I would be terrible after a long layoff. Past 5-10 years I've gotten where I'm sharp right away. Don't understand it at all
Rusty GCS
AG
806aggie18 said:

Can't recommend the Dave Pelz brick trick. Set a ball next to a brick and hit a 75 yard pitch shot. Literally can't shank it because of the brick. You'll either hit a great shot or hit a brick. Trust me, you won't hit the brick twice.

If you still hit the brick, (and this is my advice not Dave's) up the ante. Have your daughter put her hand next to the ball.

I never had to resort to my own advice. I was smart enough to not hit a brick
AustinCountyAg
I'm in a similar boat. Been playing some of the best golf of my life the past month and a half until this past Sunday. Hit one or two shanks and I completely collapsed this morning. Striping driver but once an iron or wedge was in my hand I had zero confidence. It was either a weak flare out or a shank. So damn frustrating because my irons and wedges have carried me all summer. It's been the best I've ever hit them.
GigEmJake17
AG
Have been shooting high 70s low 80s recently. Enter in my first amateur tourney ever. Nothing serious on my end but just wanted to see where I was at!... And it showed me where I was at. 93. Tons of 3 putts. Not sure if the 100 degree afternoon tee time or first tourney jitters, but man that wasn't fun. Round 2 tomorrow, hope to see you on the "I love golf" thread.
Poot
Sir, as much as I love your attitude, this is the F golf thread.
GigEmJake17
AG
Poot said:

Sir, as much as I love your attitude, this is the F golf thread.
I 3 putted 3 times from 6ft in the round!
Rusty GCS
AG
80 yesterday. 90 today. If there was a bad break I had it today. I was 143 out with wind in my face on hard pan. So I grab a 9i and catch it so pure. It flies the green and Im looking for the ball. 40 yards past the green it's wedged directly against a tree and partially under a root. I had to pull the ball out of how it was wedged.

I don't think a 9i could fly 180 but I don't think a ball could wedge like that unless it was on the fly. Either way it makes no sense and I had to take a stroke for an unplayable lie.

F GOLF.
AggieDruggist89
AG
2 over going into 16th which is a birdie par five for me. Out of the blue, I hit a violent Hookenph-ucker 40 degrees left OB. Re-tee 3 then hit the 4th into the lake. 6th on the green and two putt for a Triple. Then proceeded to bogey 17, then missed 6 ft birdie on 18 for a Blippy 78.

F GOLF!!!
Rusty GCS
AG
Didn't have time for a round this weekend. Hit the range Saturday and hit very well. But we have a cheap local course so I won't hit my driver with our range balls.

Head to the easiest hole on the course and play 3 balls at a time 5 times in a row. Zero pars or birdies. 15 swings with the driver and the first 5-6 were topped then the next 9-10 were a mix bag of tops, blocks, and slices.

Why must the game just randomly leave me looking like a beginner randomly.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Why won't you hit driver with the range balls?
DadAG10
12.9 Index

39 on the front, make the turn, get to 13 and other cart in our group goes dead and can't go uphill.

Call the proshop, they bring a cart out 12 minutes later. Let a group play through but have to wait to let them clear. Sitting in 100+ heat.

Go to the next tee-box and block 2 balls OB right, make 10 on a Par 4.

Get to 18 and block another one OB right, make 8 on a Par 4.

39 front, 50 back.

Counts as an 85 with ESC.

Rusty GCS
AG
Cheap or old range balls can crack the face of the newer drivers that have very thin faces
Retired Principal
AG
101 last Friday (shanks) and a 79 yesterday with zero doubles.
TecRecAg
AG
I have always struggled with a huge, John Daly-like backswing and yesterday it was out in full force. Finally reined it in on the last 2 holes and got GIRs on those holes. Go figure.
rednecked
AG
Spark golf league yest. eve. One incredible high flop shot over a pine tree on to a green to save a par and one birdie on a par 3 (14" from a hole in one) - and 4 double bogies. F golf is right!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.