F GOLF

168,464 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Shelton98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsalaska said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Well I'm back again. Shot my third round ever in the 70's today at raven nest. Shot a 79 with four three putts. All four of the three putts were with birdie opportunities. ****.

Honestly I'm not sure that qualifies.

Agreed. Strike it from the record.
Poot
Thirded... you don't run to the F GOLF thread with your 3rd best score ever.
AustinCountyAg
I get it. Sorry guys. I'm just pissed My putting was complete crap today. It could've been the round of a lifetime for me.
agsalaska
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I get it. Sorry guys. I'm just pissed My putting was complete crap today. It could've been the round of a lifetime for me.

Except you suck at putting
jgh85Ag
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Same here, missed a ton of putts, topped a few drives, chunked some chips and completely missed on some approaches, but other than that, it was close to being the round of a lifetime.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
jgh85Ag said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Same here, missed a ton of putts, topped a few drives, chunked some chips and completely missed on some approaches, but other than that, it was close to being the round of a lifetime.
"But it was a really good swing"

Karl 2019
jonj101
Today I think I did the dumbest thing I've ever done on a golf course.

Currently doing the RTJ trail and trying knock a few of the locations off my list. Today played 36 at the course in Dothan.

My 33rd hole was a 701 yard dogleg par 5 from the tips. Even though I played the up tees throughout the day, I decided to do this one from the tips just because and no one was behind me to hold them up. Typical of the day I hit an ugly hook off the tee which cleared a ravine but landed in the rough. Told myself I just needed to hit two 5 irons and a pitch shot to scramble since my hybrid game has been trash.

Grabbed the club and hit one pretty good. Drove up to it in the left side of the rough with club still in hand, and it seemed a little short but I figured it got hung up. Repeated the process, and again I thought I hit it pretty good but it didn't quite fly as far as I thought.

Drove up to it with club still in hand and figured that it was about an 8 iron shot to the green instead of a pitch shot that I had originally planned on. Went to the bag with club still in hand to grab the 8, and upon scanning my bag I realized that I had been holding the 8 the whole time. Even though I recently changed clubs, it takes a special dose of stupid to mix up an 8 with a 5.

Kept the club and hit an annoyed shot that I pulled just off the green even with the flag. Chip shot landed within a foot of the hole, which I tapped in for a bogey. There are good bogeys, there are bad bogeys, and there are ******ed ones. The longest hole I have ever played resulted in a ******ed one.
agsalaska
AG
An 8 iron for a 5 iron.

WOW!!!!! You got a lot going on up there.

This is how you F Golf!!!
Poot
Amazing story. Subconsciously giving in to the bogey before you were cognitively aware... F GOLF, indeed!
Poot
+3 thru 11 at High Meadow Ranch today. Granted, it was a bit of smoke and mirrors +3, but things were at least interesting. Then the driver abandoned me at the worst possible time with low lefts and high rights. I then proceed to go double, double, triple, double and finish the last 7 in +11. God awful 86. F GOLF
DadAG10
Open the round with a par (4) then birdie (2), nothing but pure center on 3 full swings. Pure drive on #3, then s***k a 9i.

Go triple, triple on #3 and #4, never recover.

Worst round by 10 strokes in 6 months.

jonj101
agsalaska said:

An 8 iron for a 5 iron.

WOW!!!!! You got a lot going on up there.

This is how you F Golf!!!
Bingo - the last few rounds with friends I've been told that they can practically see me thinking/overthinking while I play.

I feel like I'm thinking through sequencing instead of just choosing a target and working towards it.
jja79
AG
Thanksgiving day my son made 2 double bogeys and 5 bogeys. He ended up shooting 75 and all the way home he was F golf this and F golf that. I told him there's a Texags thread for you kid.
bagger05
AG

agracer
AG
Played today with my cousin at his club course. It's a pretty easy 9 holes (separate from the 'championship 18'). We play there b/c it's usually very low traffic and plays fast and it's easy. Par is 34. I'm usually 6-8 over. I've had a few 38's and 39's.

Asked me to meet him today. So I go early, hit a few at the range and I'm actually feeling really good and relaxed. Hit the irons straight and the driver pretty well. Great, probably last nice day in KC for a while so relax and enjoy the weather.

Finished 20 over for 9-holes. The best part was his wife, who just started playing this past April, and has taken a group "chipping" lesson, I'm pretty sure she beat me by at 6+ strokes. It has nothing to do with her being a woman at all (my wife and I do family stuff with them all the time and both families get along really great). If she just played lights out and I shot my usual 42 or so, I'd be like, great job. But she didn't play lights out. She played OK for a beginner and embarrassed the hell out of me.

I think had maybe ONE good iron shot the entire day. Hit one GIR, and doubled (or worse) all four par 3's.... On 6, I was 115 out and proceeded to take 4 more strokes to just get ON (no penalty or anything, just crap swings).

I swear if she hadn't been there I'd have lost it and thrown my clubs into the creek before I left. HTF do you consistently shoot in the low 40's, have a good relaxing warm up and proceed to shoot 20 over?

I checked my scores from the last 3 years on my phone and could not find a worse 9 holes over that time period.

I ****ing hate this game way to often.
jakal0722
Been working on my game the past few months. I have never broke 100 but was on my way to a 50 on a 9 hole. Needed a par on the last hole. This was my 3rd time playing that hole and had got a par the other times. Hit 3 in the water...... F golf
jgh85Ag
AG
Rule 1.
bagger05
AG
What I feel is a worthy bump to this thread:

Played for only the second time since coming back from my shoulder injury. No practice. Last time out I shot a 90 in some significant wind. So not great but held it together.

Well yesterday it was like I was back at my ability level when I had just started playing. Check out these stats:

3 fairways
0 greens in reg
0 pars

For reference I'm a 10 handicap. Not exaggerating to say it was my worst round in over ten years.

Dude what a freaking beating. Didn't hit a single good iron shot all day. Had something like three lost balls and another in the water. Just an absolute beating.

F golf.

Range this morning and some good news there. My shoulder made it through an XL bucket and after about 50 crappy shots I started making some good contact. By the end I was hitting it fairly solid even on most of my misses.

Already emailed my instructor and am ready to get back to work.
Poot
Well... I'm back... I had been threatening a big blow up round for quite a while now. I've had lots of rounds where I start off horrible... lots of +5 to +9 thru 6 or 7 only to get it together and post 77-81. Not great, but not embarrassing. I've even popped a couple of 84s with really good putting to save me from complete disaster.

Today I went ahead and finished it off and cruised to a stress free 92. Worst round in 10 years... not sure yet if I'm gonna take some time off or if I'm going to practice.

One thing I am sure of... F golf!
boy09
AG
I played Saturday and had a personal best (by far) 7 birdies en route to a smooth 75...

4 pars, 4 bogeys, 3 double bogeys.... 7 birdies..

It wasn't even like I started bad and turned it around, or vice versa, I was just all over the place the entire round. I finished the last 6 holes double bogey, birdie, birdie, birdie, bogey, double bogey..
Trucker 96
I drove to the course early this AM for a 7am tee time, open the liftgate.... no clubs. Left them at home 20 minutes away and not enough time to make the round trip. First time I've ever done that in about 30 years of playing golf, probably averaging a round a week. I've forgotten my shoes or other random crap, but never my whole stinking bag of clubs
Buck Compton
AG
Fore Left! said:

I drove to the course early this AM for a 7am tee time, open the liftgate.... no clubs. Left them at home 20 minutes away and not enough time to make the round trip. First time I've ever done that in about 30 years of playing golf, probably averaging a round a week. I've forgotten my shoes or other random crap, but never my whole stinking bag of clubs
Did you rent or just go home?
Trucker 96
I just said F it, got some breakfast, went home and got the clubs and had a little practice session later in the AM at a course by my house. Playing tomorrow so decided not to fight thru renting just to play today.

It was odd to be the only one leaving the parking lot at the time of day for just cars streaming into it
Danny Vermin
Interesting thread. My game has gotten so much better since I play every Saturday sans bad weather. My brother and I play a different course somewhere in the metroplex. I'm averaging a couple of birdies and 4 to 5 pars every week with at least one 40 plus foot putt in every round.

Last week played with two hot moms and shanked the first drive but by the end of the day, they thought I was some kind of wizard on the greens.

I love the sport more than ever.
jonj101
Technically, no F golf right now.

But sciatica is atrocious.
CapCity12thMan
AG

Quote:

at least one 40 plus foot putt in every round

no way
lazuras_dc
AG
Shot a 38 on 9 holes two weeks ago then follow up with two rounds in the high 90s. Uhhh what
Danny Vermin
Not kidding. My brother is a much better all around golfer than me but I'm quite good on the greens. It doesn't even surprise him anymore. He's taken to saying Noonan miss it since we gamble on most holes.
agracer
AG
Poot said:

+3 thru 11 at High Meadow Ranch today. Granted, it was a bit of smoke and mirrors +3, but things were at least interesting. Then the driver abandoned me at the worst possible time with low lefts and high rights. I then proceed to go double, double, triple, double and finish the last 7 in +11. God awful 86. F GOLF
. 3+9 =12
Poot
I hate to relive that but I was +9 on just that 4 hole stretch. I had 2 other bogeys on the last 7 to make me +11 thru the last 7... thus the 86. F GOLF
PJYoung
AG
Finally figured out how to compress the ball some, turning over my hands at impact, no longer hitting fat or scooping it (as often) with a good 20 yards more distance.

Shot 83, 83, 87, 101 and today 81.

F golf because I am going to break 80 soon.

CapCity12thMan
AG

Quote:

turning over my hands at impact

what the holy hell
jonj101
Weather near Houston has been amazing, and sciatica is keeping me sidelined.

Hitting chiro and doing stretches, also losing more weight. But missing out sucks.
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
Weather was great today. Really enjoyed golf at oakhurst golf Club today. Shot 89. But my F golf moment is that I had 4 eagle opportunities and made only par on three of them. The last one I managed to birdie. But still. Had a blast for not playing at all in 2021.
jgh85Ag
AG
**** the rain.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.