F GOLF

168,443 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This face also applies.
Muy
AG
Our club had a 2-man 2-day stableford tourney. Saturday missed about 6 putts within 2-3 feet that would have been bogeys and 1 point each. Yesterday my partner had the same issue.

We finished 6th in our flight of 15, payouts were:

1st - $1,850
2nd - - $1,100
3rd - $850
4th - $600

We finished with a birdie and a par on the 18th, ended up 6th.

F golf
DadAG10
Go find a par 70 course.
bagger05
AG
Only played nine but f### this game
Southside AG
AG
No matter what I try off the tee box, just can't shake the miss hits here and there. Go driver, deep left. Go conservative 3 hybrid and sky high shot goes nowhere. When conservative lands in the fairway always I'll duff the approach shot. Ughh.
aggiedadofpanda
AG
Took my 6 year old and 2 year old to "play a few holes" on Sunday. Birdied 1, 2, and 5 and they wanted to quit after 6. And if it wasn't apparent enough, my 2 year old loaded up his diaper to make sure we got off the course. 3 under through 6 is a miracle start for my 9 handicap. F Golf. And kids.
clobby
AG
More slices than a Cici's Pizza today. So bad that I ran out of balls, found a few more and then sliced those into oblivion. I just don't understand, last week I had my first round of using 1 ball and now this.
Nawty Katy
It's what keeps us coming back.
Rusty GCS
AG
clobby said:

More slices than a Cici's Pizza today. So bad that I ran out of balls, found a few more and then sliced those into oblivion. I just don't understand, last week I had my first round of using 1 ball and now this.

Played in 25 mph wind Friday. Twice I hit absolute pin seekers that didn't even land on the green. Went 42/43 but played the same ball the whole round which is always an added bonus.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Talking about losing balls.

About a month ago, I was fortunate to have played 3 rounds and 15 holes with a same ball. On a whim I decided to retire the ball. The next hole, I took out a brand new ball on a Par 3, 180 yard hole with a pond that really doesn't come in to my play.

I took a swing with my hybrid that was so bad, I dug into the ground 6 inches behind the ball while putting an idiot mark on the club that sailed the ball up straight 30 yards in the air and went into the pond 20 yards away.

F Golf.

But I saved my 3.75 round ball.
Rusty GCS
AG
My last driver had a sky mark and a dent on the top of it from a few months after I bought it. Took a big cut in a work scramble trying to hit over a pond to go for a Par 4 in one.

now I have that new Ping G425 and I'm so paranoid about skying one and putting some snow on the roof.
PJYoung
AG
Couldn't break 100 on either course in Destin.

Typical golf trip. Gets in my head and the shanks and all kinds of stuff appear out of nowhere.

Came home and played my regular course 5 days later. My usual 86. No lost balls, no shanks.
PJYoung
AG
So true.

SquirrellyDan
AG
Few weeks ago I played Kissing Tree in San Marcos for the first time. Nice course.

On the first par 3, I hit the pin for the first time ever on a tee shot. That was the good news. Bad news is it was coming in pretty hot, and instead of the flag deadening the shot the flag sent my ball screaming into the water hazard in front of the green.

Few holes later I hit another flag from about 190, second shot into a par 5. Same thing, but at least this time the ball just ended up in the rough right off the green.
Rusty GCS
AG
9 penalty strokes today. 3 times OB, 2 times in water, and one unplayable lie.

Shot an 88.

One in the water was because it was a best ball match and my partner was laying perfect so I went for the hero shot of driving a par 4 over water. But the rest were some bad breaks on a day when none of the breaks went my way.

Maybe next time I'll get luckier.
lazuras_dc
AG
41 / 47 today, 2 triples on the back 9
clobby
AG
49/49 with 2x 4 putts. One of them was on 18 with a great drive and approach shot that left be with about 25ft. So I ordered a new putter today.

aggie_wes
AG
i hit a decent approach shot to a 164yd par 3 to about 50 feet and then the putt had a ridge in the middle that i needed to make it to the top of for the ball to roll down to the hole. I didn't account for the putt being into the grain and didn't make it to the top of the ridge. Then i expected the next putt to be downhill and much quicker, but no... still into the grain. I proceeded to have my first 4 putt in probably 10 years to turn a GIR into a double bogey. F GOLF.
AggieDruggist89
AG
aggie_wes said:

my first 4 putt in probably 10 years.... .

Humble brag...
aggie_wes
AG
So 14 of the 18 rounds i've played since about 2010 have been in the past 4 months, so 10 years goes a long way. Looking at it, I should have said last 12 years.
khaos288
AG
Dibs on post 1000
AggieDruggist89
AG
Juan Thousand Juan!
Southside AG
AG
For context, Lowest score last year was 89. Took a lesson and been working to improve casting over last 3 weeks. Ball striking after a lesson has been real good and gained distance but can't put it all together and learning to adjust to new distances. Been averaging scores about 98 ….f this game for sure.
Rusty GCS
AG
F Golf.

My good shots today found water I didn't know existed. I couldn't get a feel for greens. Had a 4 putt. Blades at least 4 chips. Scored a 10 on a hole I went double OB off the box.

I can't say accurately how much I hate golf.
JP_Losman
AG
Double OB off the box
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Rusty GCS said:

F Golf.

My good shots today found water I didn't know existed. I couldn't get a feel for greens. Had a 4 putt. Blades at least 4 chips. Scored a 10 on a hole I went double OB off the box.

Played Cypress Lakes today, eh?
Rusty GCS
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

Rusty GCS said:

F Golf.

Played Cypress Lakes today, eh?

Le Triomphe in Broussard, LA
Rusty GCS
AG
JP_Losman said:

Double OB off the box

I was working my way up my clubs for a 12:00 tee time. I had hit 58 and 9i. Was going to hit 6i, 19 3H, and Driver next before going chip a few and then roll a couple short putts.

At 11:35 we get called to the box because the money game was running early. Wasn't expecting the driver to snap hook. Took 3 holes to straighten that out.

After the round I had a NET 93. I paid my $35 and assumed I had no money coming back my way lol. I'm an 11 and only had 2 pars today.

**** golf but more specifically **** golf YouTube. I'm taking a self ban from golf instruction videos.
AggieDruggist89
AG
WTF...

What did I tell you!!!

I finally got rid of YouTubinitis... I ain't watching no more instruction videos
Bad Poster
Played briarcrest twice this week. Played 18 wednesday and quit keeping score after whole 10. Played 9 and quit on thirsday. Have completely lost my swing. Not to mention i 3+ putted everything. It was frustrating. F Golf
agsalaska
AG
So as I have said many times I have basically quit golf in the last 18 months. I went from 50-60 scored rounds a year to 12 last year.

I promised myself I would not do that again. 2022 we are gojng to pick it back up. At least twice a month.

Played two days in a row

Day one, shot 40-32-72. Par is 35-36-71.

The front nine ended with a double bogey from a pin high just off the green birdie chip that I completely flubbed. Then three putted for a six. But that's ok. Agsalaska hasn't played much lately and that's going to happen. But the back nine was almost perfect golf. Hit seven greens and the other two were just an inch onto the fringe inside 15 feet, one of which I made. My longest birdie putt was 20 feet and my longest par putt was about five inches. Five pars four birdies and two hard luck lip outs on two of those pars.

Must play the next day right, right??

Day two, 45-39-84 different course par 72

a ****ing mother****ing 45. By my calculations that is five shots worse than my front nine the day before and 13 shots worse than the previous nine. It started out good too. I was 40 yards out for eagle on par 5 1st hole when, in my down swing, a loud BANG came from a house they are building on the hole and I bladed the 60 over the green. Made bogey but thats ok. Par 2, Par 3, Par 4. Yes. Yes. We are back. Oh no you are not back you dimwitted mother****er!!! Finished the side bogey-bogey-bogey-quad-bogey(three putt from ten feet). 45.

I did settle down and shoot 39 with six pars and three bogeys on the back. But man.

F golf. I hope it is cold and raining and windy the next time I get a chance to play. Maybe even snow.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Bad Poster
agsalaska said:

So as I have said many times I have basically quit golf in the last 18 months. I went from 50-60 scored rounds a year to 12 last year.

I promised myself I would not do that again. 2022 we are gojng to pick it back up. At least twice a month.

Played two days in a row

Day one, shot 40-32-72. Par is 35-36-71.

The front nine ended with a double bogey from a pin high just off the green birdie chip that I completely flubbed. Then three putted for a six. But that's ok. Agsalaska hasn't played much lately and that's going to happen. But the back nine was almost perfect golf. Hit seven greens and the other two were just an inch onto the fringe inside 15 feet, one of which I made. My longest birdie putt was 20 feet and my longest par putt was about five inches. Five pars four birdies and two hard luck lip outs on two of those pars.

Must play the next day right, right??

Day two, 45-39-84 different course par 72

a ****ing mother****ing 45. By my calculations that is five shots worse than my front nine the day before and 13 shots worse than the previous nine. It started out good too. I was 40 yards out for eagle on par 5 1st hole when, in my down swing, a loud BANG came from a house they are building on the hole and I bladed the 60 over the green. Made bogey but thats ok. Par 2, Par 3, Par 4. Yes. Yes. We are back. Oh no you are not back you dimwitted mother****er!!! Finished the side bogey-bogey-bogey-quad-bogey(three putt from ten feet). 45.

I did settle down and shoot 39 with six pars and three bogeys on the back. But man.

F golf. I hope it is cold and raining and windy the next time I get a chance to play. Maybe even snow.

Id give my left nut to be able to shoot in the high 70's or conisistently shoot in the low 80's every day
agsalaska
AG
You would instantly regret it.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
DDub74
Well, got an invite to play at The Club at Houston Oaks this past weekend. Felt good showing up, hitting great shots on the range, and then proceeded to play my worst round in over a year. Couldn't chip to save my life so started putting from 20 yards off green. why not.

F GOLF!

BTW guest green fees are like $175. ouch. It is a pretty nice course/set up though.
khaos288
AG
Haven't posted here in awhile, but man I have the freaking shanks.

I haven't had a good striking 9 in the last 3 weeks. Today I was ok at best, and in 9 holes I made 9 inches of putts to still score like poop. Rolling the putter excellent, and just couldn't read a large print iPhone from my grandma.

The worst part? Driver is slapping. Haven't hit one OB in that whole stretch, and tons of long fairway bombs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.