F GOLF

168,478 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Shelton98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know whether this belongs in the F golf or Love golf thread… but I had a weird back 9 today at a course I was playing for the 1st time.

Quad on 10, triple on 12, birdied 15, 17, & 18 for a routine 41.
Bad Poster
Shelton98 said:

I don't know whether this belongs in the F golf or Love golf thread… but I had a weird back 9 today at a course I was playing for the 1st time.

Quad on 10, triple on 12, birdied 15, 17, & 18 for a routine 41.

Substitute the birdies for bogeys and that looks like a normal back 9 for me
AustinCountyAg
played the other day for the first time in over a month. 3 triples and 3 birdie lip out putts that didnt fall. Shot an 85.

F Golf
TechPracAggie
75 on Saturday, 89 on Sunday...
Bad Poster
93 yesterday, 107 todah. F Golf
TecRecAg
AG
Been playing for 2 years. Got down to mid 90s. Took a lesson. Right back to 104
PharmD4
AG
Lost 3 balls through the first 2 holes on Saturday… no hazards or OB etc.

G Martin 87
AG
Played 9 tonight. First 4 holes were all total crap. Double, triple, triple, double. Then the next 4 were awesome. Par, par (saved with a chip in), par, and a tap in birdie from 99 yards out. I'm heading into the final hole with confidence. Quadruple. Groan.

The chip in and bird were fun, though.
AgfromHOU
AG
Had the day off today so I went to the local 9 hole for two rounds this morning since I hadn't played in a little over a month.

Birdied my first hole, but then proceeded to end my day with a +5 18th hole. Haven't had that bad of a hole in a few years.
TechPracAggie
You can see the actual moment everything went to ***** Even after 7, tee shot on 8 was on a great line, but landed about 5-10 yards long, hit the cart path or a rock and bounced OB. I normally hit my 7 iron 170 and the pin was 170, damn thing flew 180. F Golf.

EliteElectric
I'm a 13, yesterday in a individual stroke competition I shot 93. There are a million excuses I could use but basically I just suck. For one day at least, F GOLF
AgfromHOU
AG
For context, I typically shoot high 90's, low 100's.

Today I was +5 on the 1st hole, +18 combined for 16 holes, +4 for the 18th.

Still broke 100, though. Best 16 hole stretch of my life (which also included a triple).

+12 of my +27 overall came on three holes. Left a lot out there today. A squirrel also stole my ball on one of the holes.
Poot
4 greens in regulation, 3 birdies, 84. F golf, and F my ball striking.
Gladiator 96
AG
The bunker shot from hell

bhuff111
45 y/o. Started playing April 2021. Broke 100 for the first time June 2021. Thought it was just a matter of time before I cracked 90. Have been humbled every since. Today was supposed to play Blackhawk, but apparently 0.4" was more than they could handle, and they closed the course at 2:30. Tried to hustle over to Pecan Grove. Niente. Cinco Ranch said come on! Blew thru the barrier with a smooth 84. Finally.

F golf because I'm suspicious that it'll be 6 weeks before I break 100 again.
PharmD4
AG
Congrats breaking into the 80s.

When I was in pursuit of the 80s, I distinctly remember one outing where a bogey 5 on the 18th would have secured an 89. I proceeded to shoot an 11.

OB, hazard, hazard, long of green, chip, 3-putt.
bhuff111
PharmD4 said:

Congrats breaking 80.

When I was in pursuit of the 80s, I distinctly remember one outing where a bogey 5 on the 18th would have secured an 89. I proceeded to shoot an 11.

OB, hazard, hazard, long of green, chip, 3-putt.

I noticed you referenced knowing what you needed as you entered 18. I refused to look at the scorecard other than to record strokes. My buddy was shooting a heck of a round as well, and we were intentionally ignoring the score until we walked off of 18. Or I probably would have carded an 11 myself!
G Martin 87
AG
That was me yesterday. Put my 3rd shot into a steep GS bunker on a long par 4, and it took me 3 tries to get out and another to chip on.
William K. Klingaman
Played in a 2-day tourney last weekend when the winds were off the charts. Straight drives would end up 80 yards in the other fairway. Lost about 10 balls a day. I hate golf.
clobby
AG
Terrible round for me today. 100. Lost my swing after a few holes and never got it back.
AgfromHOU
AG
105 today.. even with 16 lost strokes due to lost tee shots.

Not sure if I'm wording that correctly, but for example on 4 I hit two tee shots OB, and finally my fifth shot (third tee shot) I hit the fairway. Fairway shot should have been my second shot, but was my sixth due to penalties so I counted that as 4 lost strokes.

Driver and 3 wood were major let downs off the tee after being a major strength during the summer.

However, did really well (for me) on the holes I stayed in bounds off of the tee. Hit 8/14 fairways and 3/18 greens (I normally get 0 or 1 hit greens).

Redeemed myself with a 98 today (the morning after my original post). Onward to attempting to break 90 this summer.
TecRecAg
AG
98 today. Got the chip yips on back to back holes. Would have been a 92-94 without that happening.
zgolfz85
AG
shot a near personal best today after only playing 1 other time in the last 2 months due to illness and injury, weather, etc.

I should be happy, but why I can't put it together when I'm playing 2x a week and have everything dialed in is just so golf.

shooting your near-best score on a day with zero expectations or swing thoughts vs the many devastating mid-round meltdowns when you're playing the most and feel the most confident. Ah, golf.....you sick, beautiful *******.
Gladiator 96
AG
F GOLF at it's finest

DadAG10
two weeks ago

Saturday 40-46=86

Sunday 47-37=84

No consistency.
clobby
AG
Don't know what happened but I cant hit an iron or wedge to save my life. Been going on for about a month now.
zgolfz85
AG
clobby said:

Don't know what happened but I cant hit an iron or wedge to save my life. Been going on for about a month now.

Whenever that happens to me, I usually recognize that I'm reverting to swaying back off the ball instead of staying over it
clobby
AG
I should probably record my swing and see what's going on. And get some range time in where I can hit off grass.
Goodnight Irene
AG
Started 10 over through four this morning. Cold weather and all. Finished up shooting 90. 46-44. I'm an 18 handicap.

F the first holes on a cold morning.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
PJYoung said:

So true.

I'm keeping mine.

Edit, as well as my 3i I use off Bermuda when I shank my drives.
PharmD4
AG
2 tier green, pin in the back on the top tier. Landed my approach shot on the top tier, about 2 feet into the fringe/grass, 8 feet from the pin.

I thought it was too delicate for a wedge, so I attempt to putt it. For whatever reason, the grass didn't slow down the ball at all and I manage to send it 6 feet passed the hole, at which point it catches the highest point of the slope and funnels the ball down and off the front of the green. 3 putts from there.

2 strokes to cover the first 360 yards, 4 to cover the last 8 feet. Love it.

Southside AG
AG
13 index checking in. 7 over after 15. Then double, triple and quad bogeys on the last 3 holes; finished with an 88. Got to admit the mental aspect got me. I wasn't checking scorecard but knew I was playing lights out (for me).
AggieDruggist89
AG
If you weren't checking the score card, how did you know you were 7 over after 15?

You knew if you parred put, you'd break 80 and they result was your focus and not making the best swing on your next shot.

Well F GOLF.
Southside AG
AG
Because I checked after the round.
Oso96
AG
Played today and shot 79 with 43 putts. 8 3 putts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.