F GOLF

168,444 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
shaynew1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yesterday it was a scrape fest and I made lots of putts. Today I hit it close and made none of putts.

I also lost some wheels both times.
puryearag85
AG
Frustrating game. Lost all my gains w my swing after 2 mo layoff F golf
jonj101
Forgot to submit from a few weeks ago - our Golfweek Amateur Tour opener was held at Tour 18 on Feb. 24th.

I am in the C flight (14.0-19.0) and have played terribly in these events in the past. Started working with a new coach last year and I'm seeing significant progress. Based on past events I figure an 86 is typically what is needed to win my flight. That week my back was aching, but I decided to pop some Aleve and play anyway.

Well, after the front 9 I shoot a 43 with one triple. So I'm feeling optimistic and I'm sure I'm still in it. The problem is the group ahead of us in our flight are playing slloooooooowwww. They literally take 25 minutes on a hole. When the event was over the tour director sent out an email saying one group finished 50 minutes behind (it was them).

So my back starts aching and stiffening up to the point where I cant make a good full turn with my driver. Towards the end of the round I just hit 5 iron off the tee (even managed to par a par 4 doing that). When it was all said and done I had multiple triples and shot a 57 on the back.

43 + 57 = 100

Not the way I wanted to start the season.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Why can't I put two 9's together! I swear. 43-51 on Sunday. Ugh.
agsalaska
AG
Played really well last week. Shot 36-34-36-43-34. That 43 was a flyer. I actually hit the ball just fine other than two very strange OB rights, one with a 3 iron on an approach. But I came back with that 34 on the back and flipped the game with an eagle on 18. Pretty good week.

Come out in our game on Wednesday and birdie one. Missed a tap in par on two. Oops but oh well. Then, out of nowhere, not only did I take the right side of the golf course out of play, I also took the middle of the golf course out of play. Everything started left and then turned left. I couldn't hit the ball straight to save my life. The more I tried the worse it seemed to get. Don't know what I shot cause we were playing a one ball match play, but it wasn't good.

Now it's blowing 30 today. I think I'm going to skip today and get some much needed work done. F golf.
mike_ags_fan12
Gonna try a new course tom. Cedar Creek in SA.

Looking to break a Hundy
khaos288
AG
Even when playing well this game is frustrating. Shot a course best 81, but 3 chips cost me 5-6 strokes. Then missed two 5 foot birdie putts.

The stupid thing is, all the chips were good strokes, just played the wrong club. Hit an 8 instead of a pw. Then a person instead of an 8. And the first was a 60 I hit a 20 yard shot on, but after looking at the green just needed to baby it onto the hill.

Fix that **** and I'm scaring par
ClassOf17
Playing today. Please send prayers
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

Even when playing well this game is frustrating. Shot a course best 81, but 3 chips cost me 5-6 strokes. Then missed two 5 foot birdie putts.

The stupid thing is, all the chips were good strokes, just played the wrong club. Hit an 8 instead of a pw. Then a person instead of an 8. And the first was a 60 I hit a 20 yard shot on, but after looking at the green just needed to baby it onto the hill.

Fix that **** and I'm scaring par

I would have played a PW on #10.

Just me though.
khaos288
AG
Player b with a pw...damn near scratch
ClassOf17
Drive 20 mins, there was a tournament going on. F golf
bagger05
AG
I had 8-iron and 5-iron in on two par 5s. Walked away with a par and a bogey.

Drove the green on a par 4. Three-putted.

It's like I'm allergic to birdies.
khaos288
AG
Join the club. I forgot I was pin high on the fringe yesterday after a 242 3w into the wind on par 5...par
mike_ags_fan12
I drove the best I have ever drove yesterday. Irons and approaches were dead on.

3+ putting is what killed me. Ended up with a 100.

**** golf
dc509
AG
Shot 100 yesterday with 8 effing penalty strokes plus some other complete BS on my part. All but two weren't even OB, but the course was so packed that you didn't have a ton of time to look for shots in the deep rough. Had I not chosen yesterday to lose control of my driver that could have been a solid round. Hell I sprayed everything. The one redeeming factor was that I putted well. Otherwise that 100 could have been much worse.
mike_ags_fan12
Kicked off Oso front 9 with a 47. Then I nose dived for a 53 on the back. The wind and drives were not friendly to me.
07fta07
AG
Felt like I worked out some stuff on the range this weekend and was hitting it well before playing yesterday. Had 2 doubles on the front and was +1. Ok, can still salvage a good round.

Then the fun began. Had 4 doubles on the back. Still turned in a 79. It was either birdies or doubles for me all day. F golf.
agracer
AG
+12....twelve strokes on two holes...otherwise played OK....even made some good putts....eff this game!
agsalaska
AG
Double one. Easiest hole on the course. Did so without taking a penalty stroke. Played ok and finished the front in 39. Hit OB on 10, water on 11, and OB on 12 all off the tee. 10 was a pull hooked 3 wood. 11 was a fat 3 wood. 12 was a pushed driver.

F golf
jgh85Ag
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Kicked off Oso front 9 with a 47. Then I nose dived for a 53 on the back. The wind and drives were not friendly to me.

I played OSO about 3 weeks ago. Greens were in great shape but those long par 4s into the wind are brutal.
_lefraud_
AG
Played Oso for the first time a couple weeks ago. Fun little track, although have to make sure in bring a large can of repellent!
bagger05
AG
I put five freaking balls into the water on the easiest hole on the course and took myself out of contention of this big tournament where I'm defending champ. F GOLF.
_lefraud_
AG
Watch him bounce back and make the cut, haha.
Icecream_Ag
S
A piss you off 82* today at Arroyo Creek in Vegas. Started the back birdie, double, double, birdie, birdie, double. Lost one ball all day so my doubles were all my F ups

* Played with my uncle and one of his friends so we played up, but I know there were 4-6 shots out there that I should have made to prevent doubles.

_lefraud_
AG
bagger05 said:

I put five freaking balls into the water on the easiest hole on the course and took myself out of contention of this big tournament where I'm defending champ. F GOLF.
Shot 81 and 78, but can't go home, have to wait around and congratulate the winner in a couple of days. F GOLF.
jgh85Ag
AG
I played ok but the pigeon I nailed in the head with a three wood shot had a bad day.
Icecream_Ag
S
91 in 55mph winds. I'll take it
agsalaska
AG
Not today! No F golf today! No no no no no. Today is going to be a good day.
Pahdz
I can't even "F golf!" at this point because there is over a foot of snow on the ground. Of course my first Minnesota winter would last through April
JHUAggie
Pahdz said:

I can't even "F golf!" at this point because there is over a foot of snow on the ground. Of course my first Minnesota winter would last through April
Get used to it buddy. Any golf in late March or early April are bonus days. I'm enjoying the 6 inches of snow already on the ground with plenty more coming down.
wolfpack759
AG
Pahdz
Where you at?

One plus, courses here are WAY nicer than where I came from (Oklahoma)
shaynew1
AG
I had to pass on a round at ridgewood in Waco today.

F golf
agsalaska
AG
agsalaska said:

Not today! No F golf today! No no no no no. Today is going to be a good day.

Nope.

F golf. Actually, F handicap sandbaggers. To all of you who have ever neglected to turn in a good score because it would hurt your handicap, I give a big **** you too.

Icecream_Ag
S
those people should all have their kneecaps and thumbs crushed and hamstrings sliced 5 times.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.