F GOLF

168,442 Views | 1214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ILikeTacos
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jackson-kyle said:

101 last Friday (shanks) and a 79 yesterday with zero doubles.

My man!
hunterjr81
Shot a 7 on a 135 yard par 3! Blocked an easy 9 iron to the right into the water. I hit another ball from the tee because I'm too dumb to go up and drop where I crossed the hazard. The second tee shot came up short of the green so I chipped it on and freaking 3 putted!!!!! What really upsets me is the rest of the round was 3 birdies and 3 bogies. Have never shot even par yet and that short par 3 worked me over good.
Jetpilot86
AG
Missed multiple putting opportunities to win the eclectic event in my men's league this season. The final straw was a 17' putt for birdie I missed by 3".

Finished 3rd via tiebreaker in a 3 way tie for first.
DadAG10
If you would have titled your other thread as:

Going to win....

instead of:

Trying to win...

Jetpilot86
AG
Doh!
clobby
AG
Shot an 84 today with a 10 on a par 5. Maybe one day I'll get a score in the 70s.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Don't know how to say it. Visiting parents and brother in DFW, played Buffalo Creek twice.

75-77 (double bogey last hole) . Sure, sounds good... But I had forgotten how windy and hot Texas is in addition to hail storm middle of the round. And I missed every 4-6 footers.

F Texas, F Bermuda Greens and F Golf.
TyHolden
AG
CoppellAg93
AG
Haven't played much the last few years (3 back surgeries and a knee surgery) so this is my first post on this thread ....

Parred 3 holes in a row (including a 94y pitching wedge to 2 feet) and then lipped out a birdie putt on a par 3. Proceeded to miss the 3ft comeback putt for par for a 3 putt bogey, then double-bogied the next 3 holes.

Haven't shot par or better on 4 straight holes but maybe once or twice in my life.

F GOLF!
AggieDruggist89
AG
**** GOLF!!!

THAT IS ALL...
Bad Poster
I didnt think i would be here so soon. Coming off a 39 and best 9 hole stretch of my life(see the love golf thread), i thought I would play the round of my life today.

51. 2 lost balls and mistake after mistake on the front 9 today. It didnt get any better on the back. I did make a 2 putt par on 10. Then hit a 305 yd drive on 12. 50 yards to the pin…. Duff my 60 deg. Bogey.

Then a 3 putt bogey, then a triple, then a double.

https://tenor.com/view/drinks-i-give-up-forget-it-gif-20642386

Didnt even finish my round…

The good news is, im playing lost pines, quarry, and comanche trace the next 3 days.

https://giphy.com/gifs/mrw-year-bulbs-GCSIwtwqAMBTq

Krondaddy
If a 9 hole best stretch of life is 39.. using a 60 for approach shots is.. questionable…
AgfromHOU
AG
A little **** golf/love golf with this post. Yesterday I played 9 after originally only wanting to hit balls at the range. I was hitting them well so I walked on.

On one hand, I had a good putting day and tied my personal best on any 9 hole side.

On the other hand, on the 4th hole I hit two tee shots into the trees, as well as a tee shot into the trees on the 9th.
Jetpilot86
AG
Played Walden on Lake Conroe yesterday. Personal best on the front of 46, 56 on the back. Ugh.
Rusty GCS
AG
Haven't played there in 10 years. How is it?
Jetpilot86
AG
Rusty GCS said:

Haven't played there in 10 years. How is it?

Couple of greens had a little damage, but otherwise great.

It seems like every green is small & guarded by every hazard you can imagine. 9 is it's own personal nightmare, sand blocks the entire fairway at about 80-60 yards, another few bunkers at the postage stamp green. I missed my approach shot by 30' and was down in a manicured depression in 4. I somehow managed to drop my chip in from there. I think it took 3 chips to stay on 10's green. (Facepalm)

They do tend the traps well, but it's a heavy clay sand mix vs the stuff I'm used to.
Rusty GCS
AG
Their FW turf used to be the tightest around (tight as in short and dense/full canopy). Ball just sat perfectly atop.

But that damn par 5 #11 will have you on the F Golf thread!
Jetpilot86
AG
Rusty GCS said:

Their FW turf used to be the tightest around (tight as in short and dense/full canopy). Ball just sat perfectly atop.

But that damn par 5 #11 will have you on the F Golf thread!

Nice tee shot if a bit shorter than average. Fairway with one little tree blocking my 3W 2nd shot. Naturally I hit the branch and ended up in the trees. Chip to the spot I could get to on the fairway bit playing my backup set don't have a reliable 180 yd club. Chipped around the corner and onto the fringe and 2 putt from 40, downhill. Should have slapped a low 6 iron, get clear and tried the 3w for the 3rd shot.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Looking at it, that's a stupid hole. No place to miss the drive, no place to miss the lay up and either water right or bunker left. It looks like it requires 3 good shots to approach the green. F that hole.
Poot
I've made A LOT worse than 6 on that hole before… including an 11 the first time I saw the hole. I was 15 and playing in an HGA tournament… that was rough.

That entire course can put you in the F golf thread… or the I love golf thread… which makes it a great course, IMO.
Rusty GCS
AG
I've only shot in the 70s twice. Front 9 today had 6 pars and 3 bogeys for a 39. Back 9 I have 6 pars and 3 doubles for a 42.

81. And I feel like I left sooooo many strokes. Could've been a 77 today but was an 81 instead

On the bright side, Koasati Pines is always a pleasure to play.
Philip J Fry
AG
Can I say "**** you" to whoever found my approach wedge and did not return it to the pro shop? Just as bad as stealing it from my bag.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Anybody play PXG clubs? Out of curiosity got a gen 6 xp iron set. First forged set. Absolutely love them. Heavy club. Longer shafts slightly. Long lower ball flight. Excellent feel. I won't hit cast irons anymore.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Anybody play PXG clubs? Out of curiosity got a gen 6 xp iron set. First forged set. Absolutely love them. Heavy club. Longer shafts slightly. Long lower ball flight. Excellent feel. I won't hit cast irons anymore.
Why not?
MAROON
AG
high handicapper, trying to get better - playing and practicing regularly and taking lessons for first time in my life. Been hitting my irons well (if short) but my driver has been an issue. Last two times out my driver has been great. Yesterday played 9. Hit driver on 7 holes - on six I was damn near center cut of the fairway with decent distance. Of course. then my irons leave me - hit everything way short or topped. Only other positive is I only three putt one green. FGOLF
Funky Winkerbean
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Why not?

Feel. Hit a high end forged club in the sweet spot and everything will make sense. Cast clubs just suck.
khaos288
AG
Oh boy. Get ready for an argument
agsalaska
AG
MAROON said:

high handicapper, trying to get better - playing and practicing regularly and taking lessons for first time in my life. Been hitting my irons well (if short) but my driver has been an issue. Last two times out my driver has been great. Yesterday played 9. Hit driver on 7 holes - on six I was damn near center cut of the fairway with decent distance. Of course. then my irons leave me - hit everything way short or topped. Only other positive is I only three putt one green. FGOLF
So the next time you go play you will hit the ball better than you have in years.

And you will have six three putts and two four putts.

We will see you back here that evening. Have fun!!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
khaos288 said:

Oh boy. Get ready for an argument
There is no argument if play from feel.
khaos288
AG
There definitely is.

Shortly someone will show up with the old golf.com article that had a bunch of pros hit cast and forged and none of them could tell the difference in a blind test.
CapCityAg89
AG
I feel like this belongs here …

agsalaska
AggieDruggist89
AG
Half the time???

I don't think so. 95% of the time!!!
AggieDruggist89
AG
F Golf

I missed a 2.25 foot birdie putt.. Ball didn't even touch the hole.
agracer
AG
Lost 8 balls, 6 off the tee box in a scramble today. Fortunately I'd had one good drive and hit a green on a par 3 so my two tee shots required from the group were done or I'd have walked back to my car after I'd throw my clubs in a lake!

Eff golf!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.